October Break

Scott

I am wondering if any schools have reduced holidays because of the delays in starting school--or because of flooding, for that matter. I know one school that will only get 8 days off. How is this effecting others?

Certainly we are having a shorter holiday break, this is to make up for the extra two weeks paid holiday we had off due to the Red Shirt party earlier this year.

Personally I have no problems with the October holiday break.

We were all resigned to the fact that lost time would need to be recovered and we were more concerned it would affect our two week Christmas New year break.

Rather have a short break now and Christmas and New Year holiday break as per usual.

Edited by siampolee

Thanks for the post, and by, the way Firelily, I apologize for calling you Firefly sometime back, it wasn't on purpose, it was an accident!

I hope we hear from others about the October break.

We've got our usual month, last day October 1st, back on Nov 1st.

Thanks for the post, and by, the way Firelily, I apologize for calling you Firefly sometime back, it wasn't on purpose, it was an accident!

I hope we hear from others about the October break.

We've got our usual month, last day October 1st, back on Nov 1st.

Nice one! What level education is that? (Primary, secondary?) I envy you for your vacation.

Here at the university, there is no such thing as an October break. Sure, there are mid-term exams in October (one week), but the terms ends in Decmeber.