Vientiane Or Savannakhet ?

I ve read one year ago that some peoples get problem at Vientiane thai consulate because they ve get "too many" visa already. Is it still the same now ?

I will need to ask a new tourist visa. Do they still give 2 entries ?

What about Savannakhet thai consulate ? Do they also give 2 entry tourist visa ?

Thanks for your answer and help.

All I know is that I am on a one year multiple entry student visa but need to change to Non O , or B, with a work permit in the works and my lawyer suggested that I do it in Savannakhet as opposed to Vientiane, without explaining why. I am thinking that he has had more success there with his clients, in my particular case, change of visa with WP.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Yes Vietiane Embassy will reject some peoples when they see too many visa in your passport without giving any reason. They just say that you have stay in thailand for too long and need to clarify it. It the same now in KL Embassy asking you why you apply so many tourist visa. Perhaps if you are above 55 years old you should apply for retired visa.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

3 double entry tourist visa in my actual passport or in the data base of the consulate ? (I got a new passport last year, the old one was full)

no red stamp, that mean i can go to Savannakhet to try to get single entry tourist visa in case i'm refused in vientiane ?

In general Vientiane will give 3 double entry Tourist Visa to one person using the same passport , after that you might be refused.

There is no red stamp at the moment.

Savannasakhet will issue , in general , Single Entry Tourist Visa only.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane last Monday, .

@ Mussen

Could you confirm if it is still free ?

Also when you mention double entry visa is it :

A/ 2 entries visa valid 60 days in total

or

B/ 2 times 60 days visa (means in total 120 days). Last year I use to have such visa in Vientiane, wich allow to stay 60 days then just go out (in Mae Sai for instance) and then 60 days again, and it was free !!!

Is it still the case currently in Vientiane.

Thx for your reply

Emile

Tourists visa are still free, in Vientiane also double entry tourist visas.

A doubler entry tourist visa means that you can travel twice during the validity of the VISA, to Thailand and each time stay for up to 60 days. So it is twice 60 days.

Both entries can be extended by 30 days for 1,900 baht each at immigration. But you have to make the second entry before the VISA itself expires!

Got a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane last Monday, .

@ Mussen

Could you confirm if it is still free ?

Also when you mention double entry visa is it :

A/ 2 entries visa valid 60 days in total

or

B/ 2 times 60 days visa (means in total 120 days). Last year I use to have such visa in Vientiane, wich allow to stay 60 days then just go out (in Mae Sai for instance) and then 60 days again, and it was free !!!

Is it still the case currently in Vientiane.

Thx for your reply

Emile

Hi, yes it is still free.

The visa is valid for 90 days, and with each entry (2 maximum) you will get 60 days.

What this means is that you can get about 180 days out of it if you extend each entry at immigration and make the last entry just before the visa expires.

eg: Visa issued 13/9/2010, visa expires or "enter before" 12/12/2010.