Sausages At Rimping

gennisis

Question. How many Commercial Sausage makers do we have in Chiang Mai?

Could there ever be enough?

By some accounts there are.:whistling::lol:

Is the guy known as 'Sausage Bob' still around?

I think he made pies too.

Its been a while but I did deal with Sausage Bob and yes he did pies. No idea though if he is still around.

I think the problem with this post is that it isn't inclusive enough. It ought to have been "Sausages in the Vicinity of Rim Ping" I myself have heard reports of sausage shaped objects in orbit around Rim Ping Nim City branch. Some claim that they are actually potato shaped. But that is clearly nonsense.

Pursuant to OP's question, I have checked at the Mee Chok branch, and I find that the answer for OP is yes.

On the other hand, I am unable to find any labeled for fat content. Tops offers a "low fat" label sometimes, which indicates nowhere else what they mean - calories, fat, whatever.

This makes it extremely difficult to decide upon cakes, pies, tortes, cookies, or whatevers over at the baked butter counter (an advertiser).

Pursuant to OP's question, I have checked at the Mee Chok branch, and I find that the answer for OP is yes.

Huh?? What was the OP's question?? :blink:

Yes... the text of my post was obviously missing....but it amuses me that it generated 13 replies:blink:

Anyhow I had said that at Rimping ,at the meat counter,they had trays of loose sausages,about 4 different varieties.

Looked big,fresh and juicy so I bought 5 'Italian" for 136 baht.

Cooked them and they were delicious,the best without doubt I have had here and I would have thought I have tried them all over these past 4 years.

There was no makers signing so perhaps Rimping are making them ??

Huh?? What was the OP's question?? :blink:

Yes... the text of my post was obviously missing....but it amuses me that it generated 13 replies:blink:

Anyhow I had said that at Rimping ,at the meat counter,they had trays of loose sausages,about 4 different varieties.

Looked big,fresh and juicy so I bought 5 'Italian" for 136 baht.

Cooked them and they were delicious,the best without doubt I have had here and I would have thought I have tried them all over these past 4 years.

There was no makers signing so perhaps Rimping are making them ??

Yes! I had some of the sage ones the other day. Delicious!

I bought some Giraud (sp?) Farm sausages at Rimping a while ago that were very decent. For UK style, that is.

IMHO, the best sausages in LOS can be found at any Tesco Lotus Express. For farthings.

They are Isan sausages, and come in 2 varieties. One is a chain of little pork balls, in real casings, hand wrapped with string separating every ball. The other is a variant of the above, but just with a more sausage like appearance.

There are some highly suspect ingredients in these sausages- like real high octane Thai garlic (not the imported Chinese cr_p). And I think a bit of sticky rice.

The price is a lordly 50 B for a 300 g pack, and blows all the pathetic excuse of fine mince, no flavour, bland bland bland completely out of the water.

;)

I bought some Giraud (sp?) Farm sausages at Rimping a while ago that were very decent. For UK style, that is.

IMHO, the best sausages in LOS can be found at any Tesco Lotus Express. For farthings.

They are Isan sausages, and come in 2 varieties. One is a chain of little pork balls, in real casings, hand wrapped with string separating every ball. The other is a variant of the above, but just with a more sausage like appearance.

There are some highly suspect ingredients in these sausages- like real high octane Thai garlic (not the imported Chinese cr_p). And I think a bit of sticky rice.

The price is a lordly 50 B for a 300 g pack, and blows all the pathetic excuse of fine mince, no flavour, bland bland bland completely out of the water.

;)

on your recommendation, i looked for said sausages at Carrefour and found them there too... although i think they were closer to 60 baht, for 300g pack. I grabbed a couple of different brands to give them all a fair go and hopefully they will be as satisfying to me, as they were to you.