Krispe Kreme Donuts Coming To Paragon

Chunky1

In Hong Kong the 7 stores have already closed having gone bankrupt in less than 2 years, but I believe there is still an outlet at the airport. I wonder how they will do here? I'm happy they are opening but I can't see myself indulging myself more than once a month and I'm in Paragon at least once a week. Location looks good though at Paragon as it is across from Starbucks.

Obesity in Thailand does not need to await Krispy Kreme -- every morning there are street vendors selling greasy palm-oil infused Chinese-style donuts on every other corner -- and of course in Thailand it is OK to double-park on both sides of the street as long as the justification is how else can I buy the donuts?

• Like 2

In Hong Kong the 7 stores have already closed having gone bankrupt in less than 2 years, but I believe there is still an outlet at the airport. I wonder how they will do here? I'm happy they are opening but I can't see myself indulging myself more than once a month and I'm in Paragon at least once a week. Location looks good though at Paragon as it is across from Starbucks.

maybe kk doughnut mgmt. dont know that a doughnut is a doughnut is a doughnut:lol: :lol: .

Between KFC, KKD, and McD, I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing the obesity epidemic in Asia that you see all over the U.S.? Not only does it taste bad, but, as George Carlin used to say, "Its bad for ya."

About the same time obesity in the US is primarily caused by pad Thai and green curry.

maybe kk doughnut mgmt. dont know that a doughnut is a doughnut is a doughnut:lol: :lol: .

The Krispy Kreme parent company in the US was known for "severe mismanagement" and “lack of innovation” a few years ago, as well as some monkey business with its stock (quoting from the articles below). I am not sure if things have improved yet. History has taught us that brands without good support from home invariably fail in their foreign markets as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2005-07-26-krispy-kreme-ruling_x.htm ; http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Markets/Lawsuit-looms-for-battered-Krispy-Kreme

a dunkin doughnut is 22 baht.

how in the world do they intend to make money at paragon. only way i see it is if they have a continous line of customers buying 10 doughnuts a pop.

all i see at doughnut joints is the usual customer every now and then............................

another minus at paragon is they miss the breakfast crowd..

a dunkin doughnut is 22 baht.

how in the world do they intend to make money at paragon. only way i see it is if they have a continous line of customers buying 10 doughnuts a pop.

all i see at doughnut joints is the usual customer every now and then............................

another minus at paragon is they miss the breakfast crowd..

Wow, thats 2 doughnuts for near 1 English pound, lucky l don't eat them. :bah:

I always thought doughnuts had a hole in the middle were fried in front of you and rolled in sugar. The ones I used to buy occasionally from a stall in Elephant and Castle were 10p each.

Maybe I'm missing something here. :blink:

hehe..

As a favour to her, I actually reviewed the letter sent by the daughter of the Thai family who is now bringing the company to Thailand. Ball started rolling back in 2003...

yay you. id give you a pat on the back, but you've beaten me to it.

Edited by nocturn

hehe..

As a favour to her, I actually reviewed the letter sent by the daughter of the Thai family who is now bringing the company to Thailand. Ball started rolling back in 2003...

no, stupid me..should have asked for a success fee!

The Krispy Kreme parent company in the US was known for "severe mismanagement" and "lack of innovation" a few years ago, as well as some monkey business with its stock (quoting from the articles below). I am not sure if things have improved yet. History has taught us that brands without good support from home invariably fail in their foreign markets as well.

http://www.usatoday....me-ruling_x.htm ; http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Markets/Lawsuit-looms-for-battered-Krispy-Kreme

Looks like it will fit right into Thailand.

I say donot, donot eat those bad boys cold. Eat one never again. If I want to slow my heart down with grease, flour,and sugar will have a Dunkin. palm oil is actually healthier than soybean oil since it is a saturated fat will not oxizadize when heated as fast as the vegtable oils.

This is state fair time in the US and every year they come up with some crazy food this year it is the Crispy Cream hamburger, the donut is the bun.

Edited by moe666

hehe..

no, stupid me..should have asked for a success fee!

You should have checked her follow-on letters too if it took 7 years to get the license!

More fatty foods here, but hey...if it's classed as food Thais will flock. Obesity won't be too visible for about 10 years or so I imagine, and I'll be out of the market then. Go for your lives!

Edited by CarlBkk

God help the ever expanding Thai waistlines............ :whistling:

If you think obesity is not showing, look at the school children. :bah:

Getting back to more important matters.....which flavour is the best?....I only tried the chocolate one with sprinkles on the top.....so where should I go from here folks...? :licklips:

Between KFC, KKD, and McD, I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing the obesity epidemic in Asia that you see all over the U.S.? Not only does it taste bad, but, as George Carlin used to say, "Its bad for ya."

Well,just look around...lots of Thais are getting fat!

In re George Carlin...the man had heart attacks attributed to extensive long-term drug use. Take health advise from someone else.

Krispy Kreme has already peaked and is in decline in the US. I am a doughnut fanatic and they are nothing special, just lots of hype, a fad.

The best doughnuts I've ever had are made by a Cambodian refugee who bought a shop in Palm Springs California called--oddly enough--"Swiss Donut". Even my visiting Thai friend put aside his feelings about Cambodians and said "there are no doughnuts as good as these in Thailand!"

To eat the original warm glazed KK Doughnut itself is like savouring a nibble of heaven.

But it's insanely overpriced, and frankly the glazed is the only one worth buying.

I agree Huey. In Japan, KK is HUGE, There is always a line up for at least 30-45 minutes in their store in Shinjuku. I think we pay 150 yen for a doughnut, which is about 2 USD. And yes, japanese waists are expanding too, which is kinda good for me because now I can buy XL clothes

Max

To eat the original warm glazed KK Doughnut itself is like savouring a nibble of heaven.

But it's insanely overpriced, and frankly the glazed is the only one worth buying.

When it comes to a nibble of heaven, I'll have sticky rice and fresh mango.