Whats The Strangest Thing You'Ve Ever Seen Here?

thailandbluegrass

Saw the strangest thing last week. I was following a truck with a second trailer and he wasn't speeding, stayed in his lane, and signaled his turns. Some of the best driving I've seen! Quite an odd site in Thailand.

:lol:

Sarcasm at its best. :D

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many of the other posters are correct in saying that one becomes jaded to the bizarre after living here a long time. There are quite a few things I have seen that stick in my mind, but to those who say that these happen everywhere, how often do you see stories like this in your local newspaper?

post-42103-011074600 1285820574_thumb.jp

Saw the strangest thing last week. I was following a truck with a second trailer and he wasn't speeding, stayed in his lane, and signaled his turns. Some of the best driving I've seen! Quite an odd site in Thailand.

:lol:

Sarcasm at its best. :D

;)

Many many years ago while trekking to a hilltribe village we paused for a rest at a small village.

While being offered water from an old engine oil container and some dried porcupine 3 men came walking past.

One had a dog on a leash, another a dog in a sack with the last carrying dog meat in a plastic bag.

They were off to a wedding.

I just remembered something today that I thought I'd add...

My brother in law lives way out in the middle of nowhere in this tiny poor village.

I was sitting with a few of the boys there one day chatting away whilst they drunk the local lao and out of nowhere a ladyboy of about 45 turns up in a leopard skin dress selling garden tools.

Now this place is well off the beaten track and this dood was heaving some heavy sh_t around with him. Skinny as a rake and very feminine like.

Where else in the world would you see that?

He was quite interested in "The only farang in the village" I can tell you!!

I just remembered something today that I thought I'd add...

My brother in law lives way out in the middle of nowhere in this tiny poor village.

I was sitting with a few of the boys there one day chatting away whilst they drunk the local lao and out of nowhere a ladyboy of about 45 turns up in a leopard skin dress selling garden tools.

Now this place is well off the beaten track and this dood was heaving some heavy sh_t around with him. Skinny as a rake and very feminine like.

Where else in the world would you see that?

He was quite interested in "The only farang in the village" I can tell you!!

Great story. :jap:

And just what I love about Thailand. There is always something to bring a smile to my face.:D

Strangest thing I've seen was a in the back of meter taxi in Bangkok. In slow moving traffic the driver reaches down to the door pocket and pulls out an L shaped tyre iron and then raises it above his head (I thought he was going to turn round and start swinging with it). He then takes hold of the end used for taking nuts off and starts to reach down the collar of his shirt using the sharp end meant for taking a tyre off to scratch his back with it. After five minutes or so of scratching he finishes and inspects the sharp end of the tyre iron before putting it back in the door pocket.

Also on the same journey I told him to stop at next garage so I can use the toilet and he says "mai dai" and hands me an empty mineral water bottle.

Strangest thing recently is a Thai who dresses and is in full character as Captain Jack Sparrow all the time, playing the digeridoo really well.

Its things like that when I wonder how far Thais will go to entertain us. Like in pattaya when there are Thai guys dressed up like Tina Turner miming her shows. There must come a time when they think to themselves, "holy shitballs, what the hel_l am I doing here?! im a crazy freaking tiger."

Seven years ago...a small tornado going along Maenam, Samui high street......at first i thought it was snowing...i was in a shop looking out...first tornado.....there are so many but this is the one that stays in the mind....

Sounds like one of those dust devils.

Some classics in here and always find the loaded up vehicles the funniest. Seeing a family of five on a plastic pig (scooter) with the obligatory dog in the basket on one of my first trips was an eye-opener.

When I first saw this sign I was amused. I thought the "Condoms" was a Thai shortened version of "condominiums" but they were actually referring to the now ended program of handing out condoms to prevent AIDS from spreading.

Funny_sign.sized.jpg

Mr Thunderbird and co; stop hijacking light-heartedthreads and take your morbid, trolling drivel elsewhere. Nobody is impressed.

Mr Jack, you just take your piss and go elswhere.

I posted up the lorry with the water tower and that hat I belive was some good photos. But to be honest, I seriously stand behind my posts about farangs depending on some old poor thai family members to make their success here.

And about the red dots, you havent much experiance around in the internet jungle do you? Have you ever seen these reputation dots before in a forum. No.

And it was so stupid and uber strange that it was removed after a few weeks.

So <deleted> off if you dont have something else to say jackie!

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

When I was a child growing up in Vancouver BC 1948 <-SNIP->.

Wow Ian you but be the oldest farang ever.;)

:lol: :lol:

Yup, I've been around for ages... of course ever day spent fishing is not included in your allotted days on earth. I've fished so often that I got a free pass from God. :D

Wooly_Mammoth.jpg

And about the red dots, you havent much experiance around in the internet jungle do you? Have you ever seen these reputation dots before in a forum. No.[/size]

And it was so stupid and uber strange that it was removed after a few weeks.

So &lt;deleted&gt; off if you dont have something else to say jackie!

Whatever are you on about? Are we on the same page even? Reckon I'm talkin to a 12 year-old. :boring:

When I was a child growing up in Vancouver BC 1948 <-SNIP->.

Wow Ian you but be the oldest farang ever.;)

I've come to the conclusion that Ian is a number of years older than both of my parents!

Farangs giving red reputation dots to other forum members. It must have been so strange and so ridiculous that the whole thing was removed after only some weeks from being implemented.

I guess many is in great pain as they can not give them out anymore.

:blink: did you recieve loads of reds? :D

I read on another thread that you are split from your wife, sorry to hear that. but my wife and I stick together and we are building a great life together and we can only do it together! so while you may well have the money to do what you like I have a wife who loves me and and a Thai family who help us out to get there.

Mother in law babysits the little man for us while we work and the siser inlaw helps out in our restaurant even though she still has her own full time job. its great! :D and that is what family is all about mate. so sorry to hear that you dont have that though :lol: :lol: :lol: and I am laughing my arse off because your &lt;deleted&gt; still stinks just like the rest of us :lol: :lol:

I belive my &lt;deleted&gt; not stinks anywhere close to yours.

Nor do I need a wife if I dont want to and could only make a great life together with a wife.

Nor do I need to depend on a grandmother to babysit to make my life and work happening.

Nor do I need help from a sister in law already on a full time job to make things go around.

You might think family is all about help help help but I dont think so. You seem to depend on absolutely everyone around you and are obviously very proud of it too. You are actually quite immature and very little independant. If for some reason your family fell apart I guess a guy like you would end up in the gutter in a matter of no time.

I saw a couple of nice ones just today:

A heavily pregnant Thai lady wearing an oversized T-shirt promoting threesomes.

A farm truck being driven through Sukhumvit sois with a sole farang in the open back....while his (possible) girlfriend drove alone in the front with 2 empty seats beside her. "Farang Lao" I heard the motorbike taxis laugh out. I did have a chuckle too.

I read on another thread that you are split from your wife, sorry to hear that. but my wife and I stick together and we are building a great life together and we can only do it together! so while you may well have the money to do what you like I have a wife who loves me and and a Thai family who help us out to get there.

Mother in law babysits the little man for us while we work and the siser inlaw helps out in our restaurant even though she still has her own full time job. its great! :D and that is what family is all about mate. so sorry to hear that you dont have that though :lol: :lol: :lol: and I am laughing my arse off because your &lt;deleted&gt; still stinks just like the rest of us :lol: :lol:

I belive my &lt;deleted&gt; not stinks anywhere close to yours.

Nor do I need a wife if I dont want to and could only make a great life together with a wife.

Nor do I need to depend on a grandmother to babysit to make my life and work happening.

Nor do I need help from a sister in law already on a full time job to make things go around.

You might think family is all about help help help but I dont think so. You seem to depend on absolutely everyone around you and are obviously very proud of it too. You are actually quite immature and very little independant. If for some reason your family fell apart I guess a guy like you would end up in the gutter in a matter of no time.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D but I do not brag about what I have done for my Family over here, you see, its swings and roundabouts, and we all muck in to help each other. we all reap what we sow. stinky! I can imagine you are a right joy to be around so thats probably why you are alone. I travelled the world on my own for 10 years so I do appreciate a nice family to come home to now. Guess I am just one of the lucky ones old boy.

anyway, I hope you sort your problems out and it all works out for you. ;)

I went into HomePro in Chalong to buy a fan.

Three or four staff members attached themselves to me before I even got in the front door and things got strange from then on.

Only one of them seemed to have a smattering of english, and it took a fair of bit time and much gestilating before he understood what I was there to buy.

By then there were about seven or eight staff in attendence as we headed off in a procession to the far end of the store where the fans were kept.

The place seemed quite busy and I was a little flattered, albeit somewhat disconcerted, to have so many helpers.

I spent a little time deciding whether to take the gastly green fan or the gastly pink one, so I didn't immediately notice my entourage had grown.

When I did, I did a count of everyone in the immediate vicinity, some were peering around the shelving units, others through them. There were sixteen of the little buggers all keeping a close eye and ear on preceedings. I know I'm probably something they don't see in there every day, but this was ridiculous!

I then looked around at the "crowded" store and realised the crowd were all staff. I was the only customer in sight. There were scores of people up and down the aisles all looking in my direction.

I had initially wanted to look at a few more things, but decided I had had enough at that stage, and made for the front door before they got hungry.

There was a brief brawl between a couple of them at checkout as I apparently went to the wrong one, and another when a car parking guy with a whistle tried to steal my trolly.

I made haste to the exit with my rented Vios' tyres squealing all the way.

I went into HomePro in Chalong to buy a fan.

Three or four staff members attached themselves to me before I even got in the front door and things got strange from then on.

Only one of them seemed to have a smattering of english, and it took a fair of bit time and much gestilating before he understood what I was there to buy.

By then there were about seven or eight staff in attendence as we headed off in a procession to the far end of the store where the fans were kept.

The place seemed quite busy and I was a little flattered, albeit somewhat disconcerted, to have so many helpers.

I spent a little time deciding whether to take the gastly green fan or the gastly pink one, so I didn't immediately notice my entourage had grown.

When I did, I did a count of everyone in the immediate vicinity, some were peering around the shelving units, others through them. There were sixteen of the little buggers all keeping a close eye and ear on preceedings. I know I'm probably something they don't see in there every day, but this was ridiculous!

I then looked around at the "crowded" store and realised the crowd were all staff. I was the only customer in sight. There were scores of people up and down the aisles all looking in my direction.

I had initially wanted to look at a few more things, but decided I had had enough at that stage, and made for the front door before they got hungry.

There was a brief brawl between a couple of them at checkout as I apparently went to the wrong one, and another when a car parking guy with a whistle tried to steal my trolly.

I made haste to the exit with my rented Vios' tyres squealing all the way.

Great story, oldcroc. Thanks for my afternoon laugh. I could just picture it. :P :P

It's gems like that one that make reading all posts interesting.