PM Abhisit Bids To Hose Down Crisis With Saudi Arabia

webfact

I've been asked by my girlfriend (Thai) to mention that most of you seem to be missing the 'big picture' with regards to this news article.

This is area where both Thais and Saudis should find common ground and be in full agreement with each other

And that is just how dreamy Abhisit looks in the photo.

The Saudis may have the moral highground, but who'd you prefer to take home to meet your parents? Abhisit or King Abdullah, an elderly gentleman with a beard and mustache - similar to those modeled by the villains in a Thai soap opera.

I've been asked by my girlfriend (Thai) to mention that most of you seem to be missing the 'big picture' with regards to this news article.

This is area where both Thais and Saudis should find common ground and be in full agreement with each other

And that is just how dreamy Abhisit looks in the photo.

The Saudis may have the moral highground, but who'd you prefer to take home to meet your parents? Abhisit or King Abdullah, an elderly gentleman with a beard and mustache - similar to those modeled by the villains in a Thai soap opera.

Hmmm. Interesting and confusing post.

But it would be typical for Thais (not a statement directly addressed to your kind Thai girlfriend, just a general statement) involved to think there is even a right for the country to find common ground, when it is the Thais that stole from the Saudis.

So typical, like a taxi driver driving the passenger around in all wrong directions and when the passenger finally exits refusing to pay for the extra 500 baht, the taxi driver thinks it's his right to negotiate for splitting the 500 baht. To share in the cost.

Funny to think that 'Thais have stolen from the hand that once fed them'. In reference to the Thai laborers.

There is something in the Bangkok English language press, saying that the Saudis are at breaking point! The incompetence of the gov will be further highlighted to the world I think.

There is a new phrase to be coined referring to this level of frustration:

"Your hands are Thai'd"

And when events in Thailand wear you down (like..um....protests):

"You get Thai'rd"

And when you know you are just about to be screwed:

"Thai me up, Thai me down"

And when you are currently being screwed:

"You're being hog thai'd"

Yes my kids grandfather, and his brother worked there, the brother speaks ok English through doing so.

I was working there recently and its just Indians, Filipinos and Indonesians workers now earning about 800-1000 sterling a month.

Im sure there are plenty of Thai welders, platers etc... that would love to make such money, fortunate for Thai housemaids though, who would have potentially gone there though.

Not sure where you get your figures from but the majority of asian workers in Saudi earn way less than 800-1000 sterling a month.

We are recruiting Filipino drivers who come on SR.1000/month (about 170 sterling). Filipino diesel mechanic comes on SR.1500/month (about 255 sterling) and welders and electricians about the same. Nepali laborers come on SR.500/month (about 85 sterling). These figures are for 48hrs/week so with overtime they get a bit more but nowhere near the figures you mention.