Sak Yant?

czGLoRy

I was trying to find information where one could receive a Sak Yant (buddhist tattoo) in Chiang Mai, and I found a lot of information guiding me to the temple in San Patong. I called them, but unfortunately they are not able to do any work for the next few weeks. Are there any second options in town? Thanks.

• Like 1

There are plenty of places to get a Sak Yant done, but many will not do westerns that have no knowledge of the power, beliefs and rules that come along with having one of these tattoo's done. Most of these places are very hard to find, but if you do find them, they will be true Sak Yants. Not the kind that have been made popular by the likes of Jolie and her mates. Best tip, go to the Muay Thai camps out of town and ask them to point you in the right direction. True Sak Yants are hard to find, but thats what make them special. Good luck

In the meantime there are plenty of "Sakyan imitations" around - purely to make money.

Of course the few monks who do them are hard to find and they are not on standby for tourists / residents.

If you really want to get a Sakyan Tatoo from a monk - send me a PM and I can give you a contact.

Clearly it's possibly, but the message you're sending is about as clued in as the Pattaya squad wearing all kinds of amulets over a Singha singlet and shorts. Or a backpacker getting dreadlocks done 2 hours after hitting Khao San Road.

I make an exception for young women though, girls universally look awesome with Sak Yan tats. Be it Angelina, or some rough chick in Patters.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai