International Or Asean Driver'S License

mdechgan

Never heard of an Asian DL. To get an International Driving Permit as they are legally called in Thailand you need a 5 year Thai DL. You can apply for the IDP at any Land Transportation Department. (LTD).

The following are required for application:

• Valid passport
  • Work permit
  • Thai Non-Immigrant Visa
  • Residency declaration
  • 2 photos size 2.5"

Edited by gotlost

• 1 month later...

I thought that a Thai drivers license WAS the ASEAN license, in the sense that a Thai drivers license was an acceptable license to drive in ASEAN countries. It goes both ways. A Vietnam license is acceptable here, etc etc. I may be wrong...

I thought that a Thai drivers license WAS the ASEAN license, in the sense that a Thai drivers license was an acceptable license to drive in ASEAN countries. It goes both ways. A Vietnam license is acceptable here, etc etc. I may be wrong...

I understand the Thai licence (5 year) is an Asean one. However not all ASEAN countries have signed the document permitting their use in their country. Check first.

You're right, you're wrong.

To drive in Viet Nam you need a VN driving license, national and International (IDP) licenses are not accepted.