Air Asia

techno

I got that email too. I have never been able to get cheap tickets on AirAsia so I am now wary of their promotions.

Really ?

Air Asia had a huge promotion earlier this year - I got Bangkok to Chiang Rai 0 Baht, Hong Kong 1596 Baht and Krabi 200 Baht

Depends on when you book the flights.

I've managed to get many deals from Air Asia by booking their promotions for 6 months in advance but have found that the nearer you get to the departure dates the more the prices converge.

A few weeks ago I checked Air Asia and Air France for flights. Air France worked out marginally more expensive (300 Baht for 3 people) so I booked with them for the additional benefits and convenience.

Checking the Air Asia price for the same flight again it IS lower than a few weeks ago, but not by 20%. I guess that's because as it gets nearer to departure time the price increases, so maybe it's 20% cheaper than the current price.

I'm looking for a cheap flight to Hong Kong in October. AirAsia want 8000 THB , not sure if this is the best offer ?

Depending on your dates Emirates are charging under 8000 Baht, and of course there are no extras, their times don't suit everyone though.

Even Thai, Cathay Pacific and China Airlines sometimes have good deals.

ok, never to destinations I wanted, its not a deal if you have no plans on going there.

Agree entirely, but at 0 Baht I thought it was time to see Chiang Rai :).

If one is quick enough to get one of those fares, at 0 baht (plus the airport charge and taxes) it is time to visit almost anywhere!

I have bought cheap tickets ok with AirAsia before, off to Vietnam next month. However I find their web info very vague, such as:

I have never been able to find out what the baggage allowance is before you supersize? Emails to them have been unanswered!

They also charge a convenience fee (100 baht) for using a debit or credit card but it is per person per leg. So if your going to Perth via Singapore it is an extra 400 baht per person return. I have emailed them to ask if you can pay cash at an AirAsia office to avoid this convenience fee but they have also been unanswered. (not sure if its for my convenience or theirs??)

Be careful if you also book hotels with your flight as I found it far cheaper to book direct yourself. The advertised flights often look very cheap but arent always after they add on all the charges. Its a bit like that big M shop that keeps asking you if you want any fries/shakes with that order.

Generally speaking, the earlier you book the cheaper.

I also find it particularly annoying that they dont answer emails.

ok, never to destinations I wanted, its not a deal if you have no plans on going there.

It's a deal whether you use it or not.I booked 4 trips with them when I lived here last year.

Some of their offer are obviously better than others and they have offers to every destination at least once a year.

I have bought cheap tickets ok with AirAsia before, off to Vietnam next month. However I find their web info very vague, such as:

I have never been able to find out what the baggage allowance is before you supersize? Emails to them have been unanswered!

They also charge a convenience fee (100 baht) for using a debit or credit card but it is per person per leg. So if your going to Perth via Singapore it is an extra 400 baht per person return. I have emailed them to ask if you can pay cash at an AirAsia office to avoid this convenience fee but they have also been unanswered. (not sure if its for my convenience or theirs??)

Be careful if you also book hotels with your flight as I found it far cheaper to book direct yourself. The advertised flights often look very cheap but arent always after they add on all the charges. Its a bit like that big M shop that keeps asking you if you want any fries/shakes with that order.

Generally speaking, the earlier you book the cheaper.

I also find it particularly annoying that they dont answer emails.

Thai Felix.

In my experience Airasia NEVER answer any E-Mails

The last time I travelled there was no "free' luggage allowance. Had to pay one at 15kg and the other at supersize. (this one weighed in at Thai International, Sydney as 23kg. and at Airasia domestic BKK [never opened] a hefty 25.8kg.)

I have not found a way out of the "inconvenience" fee

All the best from PEP