The Royal Thai Consulate In Hull

Does anyone have any experience with how long it normally takes the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull to reply to e-mail enqueries? I sent a mail to them Tuesday last week with some questions, and have yet to receive any reply.

I know I can call them, and if I haven't heard from them by early next week, then that's what I will do. But I would prefer to have their answers by mail.

Thank you in advance.

Sophon

I find they never respond to emails as sent one last year and never got a response also one 2 weeks ago and still nothing. So today just rang them and got the info i needed there and then about visas.

Very helpful so will be ringing in the future and not emailing.

Paul

There are other reports of Hull being rather slow on the email front recently :(

That said, their application packs are pretty comprehensive so I can't imagine there being many questions to be answered, why not ask here as well, could save you some time :)

They are still very quick turning round actual visa applications, 3-4 days total by post :)

There are other reports of Hull being rather slow on the email front recently :(

That said, their application packs are pretty comprehensive so I can't imagine there being many questions to be answered, why not ask here as well, could save you some time :)

They are still very quick turning round actual visa applications, 3-4 days total by post :)

Thanks a lot for the replies, it sounds as though I will have to give them a call next week.

I had two main questions for them that is not answered in their application packs:

The first question is whether they will issue a 1 year non immigrant to a citizen and resident of another EU country. I have heard reports here on Thaivisa that they (sometimes) do.

The second has to do with my circumstances. I am not 50 yet but will be before the visa would expire next year. I want to spend the winther (a little over six months) in Thailand, come back home for the summer, and then apply for a retirement extension in Thailand when I return next autumn. The question is whether they will issue a 1 year non immigrant O visa for that purpose.

I will wait until next week and then give them a ring.

Thanks again for your replies.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

The first question is whether they will issue a 1 year non immigrant to a citizen and resident of another EU country. I have heard reports here on Thaivisa that they (sometimes) do.

Eu citizen is o.k and Eu- address is o.k also. Postage within Eu but outside of UK is 12 £

Eu citizen is o.k and Eu- address is o.k also. Postage within Eu but outside of UK is 12 £

Thanks for that, that's one of my questions answered. You have also answered one of my additional questions to Hull in the mail, which was how much I should add for return postage. That would be GBP 12 then.

Thanks again.

Sophon

Going to Hull consulate on Friday for a non imm o, has anything changed regarding their procedure in the last 18 months...? It was all very simple last time. Any ideas/reminders what I need again.

Check their application packs, things are a little (very little) tighter on the 'visiting friends' front (you now need an invitation letter from the friend).

IIRC the app. packs have pro-forma letters for you to fill in the blanks.

sophon

Get a multi entry 'o' it will do for 6 months over christmas,2x 90day entries, you will then be able to use it up until its expiry date of one year, entry before the expiry date will give you an entry of 90 days, making the visa last for 15 months, just get the visa as close to your departure date as you can, as the 1 year starts the day it is issued. each entry is valid for 90 days, then a border run is required.