The Gay Forum And You

Jingthing

Just a quick note to mention that I will stop posting (threads or posts) to the gay forum. I realize this is an unusual thing to announce but I hope it will be allowed to stand because I have been so publicly criticized by some people for dominating this forum and even told I have made it my personal blog. One poster even said I was scaring other people away for fear I would bite their head off and insist that only my opinion is correct.

I won't even mention the bizarre ways my posts have been misinterpreted or the personal attacks that have been allowed to stand. I give up.

In respect for the greater good, this post serves to tell y'all gay people you are free to make this forum bloom as you wish without moi. In other words, I am doing a Nixon.

Best wishes.

post-37101-004725400 1284628167_thumb.jp

You won't have Jingthing to kick around anymore, because, gentlemen, this is my last post on the gay forum.

Edited by Jingthing

Flounce

Flounce is a term used on Internet chat forums to describe a type of post. Typically a flounce is where a user feels that they have had enough of the forum and, rather than simply leaving quietly, decide to post a long public message detailing their reasons, usually in a new thread so as to get the maximum number of replies.

The flounce post could contain insults directed at fellow members of the forum or at its administrators, and the users' grievances with them. They can range from the calm and reasoned to the emotional and hysterical, garnering comment and concern respectively. After flouncing, the user, rather than staying away, is usually back within a few days to a few weeks, often expecting that the mood regarding them will be exactly the same as it was when they left - which of course it never is.

In some cases, the flouncer spams the forum or - if in a position to do so - closes it entirely or disables a certain feature of it. The word flounce is intended to evoke the image of a child having a tantrum and flapping its arms about while screaming for attention.

B)

Well, Jingthing,

I for one, will miss you! I see by the initial responses to your post, what you mean. This is one TOUGH CROWD!

When I've posted in the past, I've often been ridiculed, and made to feel, simply put, stupid. blink.gif

I remember the time, during the Red Shirt Occupation, when I publicly complimented you, on one of your posts, for your insight and well-balanced approach to various topics...

And I got a response back, that you and I "should get a room". <deleted>! TV Forum friendly...?? Not too often.

Now I can't wait to get flamed about writing about getting flamed...

I wish you the best; I understand your decision, but I hope you'll end up reconsidering, and contributing, once again, in the future.

Best wishes,

Pawpcorn

Flounce

Flounce is a term used on Internet chat forums to describe a type of post. Typically a flounce is where a user feels that they have had enough of the forum and, rather than simply leaving quietly, decide to post a long public message detailing their reasons, usually in a new thread so as to get the maximum number of replies.

The flounce post could contain insults directed at fellow members of the forum or at its administrators, and the users' grievances with them. They can range from the calm and reasoned to the emotional and hysterical, garnering comment and concern respectively. After flouncing, the user, rather than staying away, is usually back within a few days to a few weeks, often expecting that the mood regarding them will be exactly the same as it was when they left - which of course it never is.

In some cases, the flouncer spams the forum or - if in a position to do so - closes it entirely or disables a certain feature of it. The word flounce is intended to evoke the image of a child having a tantrum and flapping its arms about while screaming for attention.

B)

Not to mention a flouncer, after declaring their intentions never to darken the door of that particular forum again, are usually to be found on the " users reading this thread " list after forgetting to log in anonymously. :)

Just a quick note to mention that I will stop posting (threads or posts) to the gay forum

Under that name, presumably. Maybe another phoenix will rise from the ashes ........

One poster even said I was scaring other people away for fear I would bite their head off and insist that only my opinion is correct.

I have never said that, either by PM or here in public, but the PMs you sent me repeatedly telling me that I was "on ignore" and giving your opinion of my views could hardly be called welcoming. As I said to you by PM, however, (when my PMs were not blocked) I believe your views were worth hearing, even if only as a discussion starter and that the board is richer for a variety of views no matter how unpalatable, illogical or bizarre some of them may be.