Raw Pork Anyone?

exterminator

Well I must not be in the "right sense" of mind, whatever that may be, as I've eaten it many times over the past fifteen years and am still alive and kicking.

If you are worried about what an animal eats affecting you via the meat I'd suggest you go vegetarian, but beware the ascaris. :ph34r::ermm:

How about the living prawn salad? Now there's something to get your bowels loosened up.

Yes, I ate that as well. Only once though.

I don't think I've seen living prawn salad, but I have eaten raw prawns marinated in lime juice and thai chili peppers. I only eat it if my Thai neighbor makes it though. Never had a problem, quite tasty! That reminds me, I need to give him a couple of hundred Baht to make some as well as some squid sashimi! I'm off the raw pork, I didn't like it very much anyway.

i may be wrong, but i believe live prawns and fish have far less bacteria than pork (size, maybe?). Live prawn salad and fresh squid sashimi i'll eat anytime, as i never had any problems with eating these.

Well I must not be in the "right sense" of mind, whatever that may be, as I've eaten it many times over the past fifteen years and am still alive and kicking.

If you are worried about what an animal eats affecting you via the meat I'd suggest you go vegetarian, but beware the ascaris. :ph34r::ermm:

How about the living prawn salad? Now there's something to get your bowels loosened up.

Yes, I ate that as well. Only once though.

I don't think I've seen living prawn salad, but I have eaten raw prawns marinated in lime juice and thai chili peppers. I only eat it if my Thai neighbor makes it though. Never had a problem, quite tasty! That reminds me, I need to give him a couple of hundred Baht to make some as well as some squid sashimi! I'm off the raw pork, I didn't like it very much anyway.

The "prawns" in the living prawn salad are just little tiny things, hardly bigger than a finger tip. Tried it once. Seems like just a novelty item. Not much to remember except the little buggers crunching in my teeth and the broth being hotter (spicy) than all get out. Only thing I've ever had hotter would be Issan style som tum with a couple dozen chilies pounded into it.