Money From Peru

Know someone with about 20k in money from Peru but can't find anywhere that will exchange. Does anyone know where you can get this exchanged. Spoke to the people at the Peruvian embassy and the closest they said would be US or some country in South America. Does anyone else have an easier way?

Thanks,

In Bangkok, in Pratunam area, on RajaPahrop street (its a big street, the one the buses go along to go to the world trade center), across from the Intra Hotel there is a money changing business that is not at all obvious from the sidewalk so look carefully or ask someone. There is a sign there in English that says Timmy, or Temmy, or something like that. You step down to go into the lobby where you wait until they unlock the steel door in the back where you go in to exchange the money. They give good rates (at least to Thai people) and they exchange just about any currency you would have.

Let me know if this works out for you if you have time.

Edited by chownah

In Bangkok, in Pratunam area, on RajaPahrop street (its a big street, the one the buses go along to go to the world trade center), across from the Intra Hotel there is a money changing business that is not at all obvious from the sidewalk so look carefully or ask someone. 

i heard about that in TH forum also..worth to try Kringle

BB

Superrich(Thailand)02 2535559 and Superrich (same owner)02 6552487-9

(opp.side of Central World Plaza)

maybe you can call for make sure

walk in soi ."Big C department store"..when u see "Texus Suki resturant" left side..then turn left..walk..and u will see this shop ,opp. Thai Farmer Bank

saim exchange ,

tel 022153421-2

opp. Siam Discovery , (near Hau Chang Bridge) (hua chang= elephant's head)

Bambi

Edited by BambinA

Superrich(Thailand)02 2535559    and  Superrich (same owner)02 6552487-9

(opp.side of Central World Plaza)

maybe  you can call for  make sure

walk in soi ."Big C department store"..when  u see "Texus Suki resturant" left side..then  turn left..walk..and  u will see this shop ,opp. Thai Farmer Bank

saim exchange ,

tel 022153421-2

opp. Siam Discovery , (near  Hau Chang Bridge)  (hua chang= elephant's head)

Bambi

by the way i dont know it works for Peru's money or not..but 3 places i told you , its quite popular here ..and give you good rate for exchnge USD-Baht..and for the reason they re POPULAR , so maybe it works ..i have no idea

Regards , BB

ps,i hve never used their service..i just checked from Thai forum for you..

Peruvian money is a joke.

Same currency class as Albanian whatever, Moldovan whatsthis etc etc

Doubtful it is useful anywhere else but Peru where I actually had it refused once by a vendor who wanted only dollars.

I was changing money in Al-Ain on the UAE-Oman border about 18 months ago. The bloke ahead of me wanted to exchange Peruvian Pesos for Omani-Reils there. My reaction was <deleted>?????

This is the current exchange rate of Peru sol to US dollar:

Currency Converter Results

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

20000 Peruvian Nuevo Sol(s) = 6150.06 American Dollar(s)

1 USD = 3.252 PEN

1 PEN = 0.307503 USD

Being that this would be $6150.06 in US dollars, I would like to find a place that will exchange it for me.

Johnnyk, it might be a joke to you but not to me.

Britmaverick, are you talking about an American Express office here in Bangkok?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Britmaverick and I'll give it a shot as soon as I find out where it's located. I'll google it.

Cheers,

Kringle

Pretty sure the AMEX office is a few doors towards Victory Monument from the Kasikornbank (former Thai Farmers Bank) building on Pahonyothin Road.

Never been in- just drive past it all the time.