Caxton Fx Card

peterpop

CAXTONFX CARD. I recently signed up for this pre load debit card that advertises heavily that they do NOT make an ATM charge and that their total charge is 2.5% on the interbank exchange rate ONLY.

This is very misleading. On my first use of the card I tried 5 different ATMs. They all wanted to charge 150 bht. Eventually I chose the Ayutayah Bank. I was charged 150 bht AND their own exchange rate. I did a simultaneous transaction with Nationwide and it was 7 GBP cheaper on a 10,000 bht deal.

LOOK OUT AND DON'T GET SUCKED INTO THIS CARD.

I asked Caxton to inform me which Bank in Thailand I should use to avoid ATM charges. They admitted that they were unable to do so. I have cancelled the card.

Edited by peterpop

Thanks for the heads up Peterpop. I had looked into the Caxton FX cards a few weeks ago to use once Nationwide, whose card I currently use, raises their overseas cash fees from November. Working out what I thought the total costs would be at the time, I decided that the various charges using the Caxton FX card would be similar to Nationwide, post charges increase but Caxton might be useful in some cirumstances. However, it seems from your research that Caxton FX will definitely be the more expensive option.

It looks like I'll need to stick with Nationwide and just take the additional hit on the charges as Nationwide is still likely to be the best value for non EU & US cash withdrawls. ;)

Is this thread some kind of joke??

It's hard to believe that someone can be this irresponsible.

CaxtonFx do not make an ATM charge. The charge is made by the Thai banks. Nationwide also claim no cash withdrawal charge. Do you complain to them that the Thai banks take 150 baht per withdrawal? Of course not, as it is NOTHING to do with the UK institution. It is a seperate charge made by the Thai banks.

What is worse it that you proceeded to the only bank in Thailand to use it's own exchange rate when withdrawing cash from a foreign Mastercard and withdrew cash!!

What were you thinking?? Taking it a step further, you decided to publish your folly and then try to blame it on CaxtonFx. Incredible. A comedy of errors.

Thanks for the heads up Peterpop. I had looked into the Caxton FX cards a few weeks ago to use once Nationwide, whose card I currently use, raises their overseas cash fees from November. Working out what I thought the total costs would be at the time, I decided that the various charges using the Caxton FX card would be similar to Nationwide, post charges increase but Caxton might be useful in some cirumstances. However, it seems from your research that Caxton FX will definitely be the more expensive option.

It looks like I'll need to stick with Nationwide and just take the additional hit on the charges as Nationwide is still likely to be the best value for non EU & US cash withdrawals. ;)

Metro Bank is the new Nationwide.

Santander Zero and Halifax Clarity credit cards used prudently will also prove better value than the Nationwide card after November.

If you are over 50, the SAGA Platinum card.

Can't get a credit card? FairFx Anywhere or Travelex Cash Passport Globe.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

CaxtonFx do not make an ATM charge. The charge is made by the Thai banks. Nationwide also claim no cash withdrawal charge. Do you complain to them that the Thai banks take 150 baht per withdrawal? Of course not, as it is NOTHING to do with the UK institution. It is a seperate charge made by the Thai banks.

What is worse it that you proceeded to the only bank in Thailand to use it's own exchange rate when withdrawing cash from a foreign Mastercard and withdrew cash!!

What were you thinking?? Taking it a step further, you decided to publish your folly and then try to blame it on CaxtonFx. Incredible. A comedy of errors.

Totally agree with you here.

I have found the Caxton fx card to be a god send, when I first moved to thailand I opened a thai bank account thinking it would make things easier to access my money. But I got fed up with the £27 charge each swift transaction, with Caxton fx it's free to top up and their exchange rate is competitive, and only taking out money twice a month now cost me £6.

You are rather forthright in your condemnation and fail to get the message. Please read the Caxtonfx web site and put yourself in the shoes of their target consumer who is not a financially cute person such as you say you are, but someone who wants to go to Thailand and draw money without paying undue charges. They will take the advertising at face value NO ATM CHARGES. Quite simple really. Incidently the FSA agree with me, it is the advertising that is misleading.

It looks like I'll need to stick with Nationwide and just take the additional hit on the charges as Nationwide is still likely to be the best value for non EU & US cash withdrawals. ;)

Santander Zero and Halifax Clarity credit cards used prudently will also prove better value than the Nationwide card after November.

Jiu-Jitsu. Agree that Metro Bank looks interesting. However, the latest I hear is that you have to personaly open in the UK (just London?) which is a no-no for me, and also, although I don't know, I suspect they will not look favourably on a new customer resident abroad, ie Thailand. Also nowadays, opening a new bank account for any of the UK banks is such an almighty hassle, it is generally not worth the bother except in dire necessity. Anyway, having to travel to a Metro Bank will probably eat up any of the savings I might make by using them, for a few years. When back in the UK I generally avoid London like the plague so I am unlikely to be there 'anyway'!So, OK if you have one already but, for now, Metro Bank is a no-goer for me.

Santander is also good, but you have to be an existing account (including mortgages) holder to get their good deals, unless you go into a branch, so as I am not an account holder, again, a no-goer. Also it is still a credit card not a debit card so if you take cash out you have to remember to pay it back into your account very quickly or it will no longer be a good deal and will become a totally awful deal. So, dangerous to use, especially if sometimes one is travelling for a month or so, so not always easy to ensure the money is paid back into your card very quickly. Yes, I know you can do it from anywhere in the world - or set up a variable direct debit but as I keep the minimum in my current account and most of the money in savings accounts, that is not as useful as it could be. So, for cash, which is my main interest, using credit cards for cash has significant dangers.

Halifax better, as I do have an account with them, although they still think I am resident in the UK. But it is a credit card not a debit card and thus the same dangers as Santander for cash withdrawls. Unless it is for a large purchase, I mainly prefer to use cash when travelling abroad, especially as I had a bad experience before when my credit card was cloned by a shop and misused. Got it all sorted in the end but still it was a big hassle. I always pay for flights and hotels in advance, especially as it is far cheaper that way these days, so most purchases when travelling are for food/drink, souvenirs and entrance fees, taxis, buses etc. Also, Halifax has rubbish customer support - I have had a number of issues with them, 2 being serious enough to warrant a long complaint letter, and they did eventually apologise, but only when I went some way up the management chain.

Saga, yes I am eligible, but their ATM fee is 2%, exactly the same as the Nationwide Debit Card fee will be from November. So all I save is Nationwide's 1 pound transaction charge, in return for all the hassles of using a credit card for cash. So, for me, that makes the SAGA card not worth getting.

When in Thailand, I use a local credit card and debit card so that is easily better than using any UK or other 'foreign' card. In terms of getting cash over here I use Halifax's online overseas cash transfer service. Absolutely brilliant. They only charge 9 pounds per transaction, and you can send up to ten thousand pounds abroad a day. It is a bit of a hassle first time because of the security checks, but once set up it takes a matter of seconds (depending on your connection speed) to arrange the money transfer and it is usually in my Thai bank account within 24 hours. The longest so far, excluding weekends, is about 30 hours, and I have been using their service for 2 years now.

So, for me, Nationwide still remains the best Debit card for use for cash when travelling as I believe they still beat all other UK Debit cards in their rates. Credit card use, yes, there are alternatives but I hate using them for cash, for the reasons above.

In any case, all these options are better than the Caxton FX card. I must admit I didn't like their offer as they seem to have a number of disguised charges, which when you add them up for a typical usage, for my circumstances at least, does not make them any better than any of the options already discussed. So, Jiu-Jitsu, your comments on peterpop are well out of order, you should know better. I know that all Thai banks make an ATM charge but many readers of ThaiVisa do not, if they live out of Thailand, so peterpop was behving in a very responsible fashion in bringing this to the attention of readers. The advertising from Caxton FX is irresponsible and well done peterpop for saying so. ;)

Edited by arthurriding

You are rather forthright in your condemnation and fail to get the message. Please read the Caxtonfx web site and put yourself in the shoes of their target consumer who is not a financially cute person such as you say you are, but someone who wants to go to Thailand and draw money without paying undue charges. They will take the advertising at face value NO ATM CHARGES. Quite simple really. Incidently the FSA agree with me, it is the advertising that is misleading.

I don't believe that the FSA agree with you. Please publish the letter or email you have received that will confirm this.

I am well acquainted with their website. They levy no ATM charges. That doesn't mean that they can control what other banks do. There are private ATMs in Britain too. They make an extra charge when you use them. It's totally ridiculous that you would assume that Caxton have any control over this.

You made a blunder and are looking to pass blame. I haven't seen a single complaint about this, other than yours. The 150 baht charge is not a charge connected with the network, it is a private charge agreed by the Thai banks. You have to agree to it being taken. The only way out is to use a AEON machine.

You made an assumption. You were wrong.

If you had bothered to read the relevant Terms & Conditions, you would have seen this:

When you use your Prepaid Card at an ATM, you may also be subject to applicable fees, surcharge rules and regulations of the relevant ATM, or other financial institution or association.

It's there, just under the fees table. So please, don't tell us lies concerning the FSA. It's unbecoming.

Saga, yes I am eligible, but their ATM fee is 2%, exactly the same as the Nationwide Debit Card fee will be from November. So all I save is Nationwide's 1 pound transaction charge, in return for all the hassles of using a credit card for cash. So, for me, that makes the SAGA card not worth getting.

When in Thailand, I use a local credit card and debit card so that is easily better than using any UK or other 'foreign' card. In terms of getting cash over here I use Halifax's online overseas cash transfer service. Absolutely brilliant. They only charge 9 pounds per transaction, and you can send up to ten thousand pounds abroad a day. It is a bit of a hassle first time because of the security checks, but once set up it takes a matter of seconds (depending on your connection speed) to arrange the money transfer and it is usually in my Thai bank account within 24 hours. The longest so far, excluding weekends, is about 30 hours, and I have been using their service for 2 years now.

So, for me, Nationwide still remains the best Debit card for use for cash when travelling as I believe they still beat all other UK Debit cards in their rates. Credit card use, yes, there are alternatives but I hate using them for cash, for the reasons above.

In any case, all these options are better than the Caxton FX card. I must admit I didn't like their offer as they seem to have a number of disguised charges, which when you add them up for a typical usage, for my circumstances at least, does not make them any better than any of the options already discussed. So, Jiu-Jitsu, your comments on peterpop are well out of order, you should know better. I know that all Thai banks make an ATM charge but many readers of ThaiVisa do not, if they live out of Thailand, so peterpop was behving in a very responsible fashion in bringing this to the attention of readers. The advertising from Caxton FX is irresponsible and well done peterpop for saying so. ;)

Not if you preload the card. Whilst you may have found some suggestions unsuitable in your case, a simple thank you would have been enough.

As to peterpop's Caxton debacle, he has no one to blame but himself. A cursory look at the terms and conditions would show that Caxton cannot be held esponsible for independent charges.

He simply showed irresponsibility by not checking the T&Cs. I certainly would have, if I thought that I had found a way to beat the 150 baht ATM charges in Thailand. I would check and double check to make sure.

I stick by my assertion that he was just careless and irresponsible to not check the Terms and Conditions of the contract to which he entered. If you wish to support him, you are hardly covering yourself in glory.

Check Section 12; The Fees: http://www.caxtonfxcard.com/termsncondition.asp?dist=CAXTGENL Hardly hidden from view.

Not if you preload the card. Whilst you may have found some suggestions unsuitable in your case, a simple thank you would have been enough.

As to peterpop's Caxton debacle, he has no one to blame but himself. A cursory look at the terms and conditions would show that Caxton cannot be held esponsible for independent charges.

He simply showed irresponsibility by not checking the T&Cs. I certainly would have, if I thought that I had found a way to beat the 150 baht ATM charges in Thailand. I would check and double check to make sure.

I stick by my assertion that he was just careless and irresponsible to not check the Terms and Conditions of the contract to which he entered. If you wish to support him, you are hardly covering yourself in glory.

Check Section 12; The Fees: http://www.caxtonfxcard.com/termsncondition.asp?dist=CAXTGENL Hardly hidden from view.

Sorry Jiu-Jitsu but a thank you would have been incorrect as I knew about all your suggestions already. It is fairly common knowledge and you were not coming up with anything original, far from it. There has been plentry of info flying around since Nationwide announced their charges changes and I have known the main alternatives for a long time now, hence my original comment that I am sticking with Nationwide.

However, not everyone knows this so I was merely pointing out to others who might read this thread the drawbacks to your suggestions and why they COULD be inappropriate for some people. For some people those options might be useful, for others they would not be approproiate. I at least believe that people should be FULLY informed about pros and cons and not just go blindly with someone's bland and poorly thought out suggestions. That would not be sensible. Indeed, I would have expected you to thank me for clarifying some of the problems with your suggestions. That would have been the proper response. You are most certainly not covering yourself with any glory with your comments in this thread!

Edited by arthurriding

A thank you being incorrect?? Seems that I was right with my first impression of you. :)

Secondly, you were not aware of all of the options that were open to you. The comment that I highlighted in your earlier reply confirms this. Please don't try to lie about it.

As to your ridiculous comment about my suggestions being common knowledge; that certainly wasn't true for the OP now was it?

As to bland and poorly though out comment, allow me to reprint some of your writings:

However, the latest I hear is that you have to personaly open in the UK (just London?) which is a no-no for me, and also, although I don't know, I suspect they will not look favourably on a new customer resident abroad, ie Thailand. Also nowadays, opening a new bank account for any of the UK banks is such an almighty hassle, it is generally not worth the bother except in dire necessity. Anyway, having to travel to a Metro Bank will probably eat up any of the savings I might make by using them, for a few years. When back in the UK I generally avoid London like the plague so I am unlikely to be there 'anyway'!So, OK if you have one already but, for now, Metro Bank is a no-goer for me.

Why you imagine that I nor anyone else would be interested that you "generally avoid London like the plague" or that opening a UK bank account is an "almighty hassle"(in your opinion) is just mind boggling. :) The paragraph most certainly could win awards for 'hot air'.

I post the facts and let others decide for themselves. They can decide if they want to visit London in order to open an account.

Metro Bank claims to have you up and running in fifteen minutes, including the printing of your debit card there and then. Even if it were an hour, it puts your imaginary gripes to rest.

As to your apparent ineptitude at paying your (credit card)bills on time, again no reason for you to publish it here. Others like yourself will also discount the idea if they are similarly endowed.

As to your statement;

When in Thailand, I use a local credit card and debit card so that is easily better than using any UK or other 'foreign' card
perhaps you can explain to me why you consider this is so? I think the foreign card is superior in every aspect.

As you mention the Halifax International Transfer service, perhaps it would be appropriate to state the exchange rate obtained, in relation to the Visa/Mastercard rate in force at the time.

I'm sure that information would be helpful to our readers.

So, let's do away with the "bland and poorly thought" comment and get down to brass tacks. Shall we? :)

We can all argue all day till the cows come home, on this issue.

Bottom line is that transferring money in a big lump sum to a Thai bank account, versus pulling out piddling sums in cash with a foreign bank card via a Thai ATM is a no brainer. I understand that some here don't have a Thai bank account. I know some people use ATM withdrawals only when needed as a form of deprivation money management. I am cognizant that many people's eyes glaze over when terms like SWIFT, interbank exchange rate, etc. are in the mix.

Personally, I have done 3 or 4 large transfers a year for the last 4 years or so. My cost is less than one half of one percent.

If I transfer say 6000 USD, it costs me about $26.66. (The sixes are an intentional pun). Really about 4/10 of one percent in cost.

I get the current daily TT rate, which varies by only a few satang among the major banks.

Once the dosh is in my Thai bank account here, I can play the same money management game I excoriated others for above. Meaning take out only what I need, when I need it.

IMHO, pulling little sums through an ATM from a foreign card here in Thailand on a daily or weekly basis to finance your needs is simply foolish.

B)

Allow me to deny any knowledge of banking practices relating to Great Britain.

But I think it would help in this thread if all contributors made the distinction about costs at THAT end and costs at THIS end - in Thailand. There is a long but eventually clarifying thread, a recent one, that explains THIS end under Foreign ATM Fee. I was surprised to encounter the charge of 150 baht per transaction, too, when it started, but once informed had to go on from there.

No card from any foreign bank can claim to be free from charges from a Thai bank. As is mentioned above, an Aeon ATM (if you can find one - they have an online site with listings in English) will NOT, at present, charge a 150 fee, nor will most "exchange" departments within (inside) most banks in Thailand. The inside procedure, however, may take a little while - passport, signatures.

I myself don't mind a monthly jaunt INTO my local bank to transfer funds into my account here, as it costs at present NO percent of a percent (at THIS Thai end). (or mine - an unrelated issue)

Strictly speaking, given their showing in the United States and other places, one is tempted to think of the big banking bosses as usurers and subject to punishments of biblical proportions, but it is to no purpose, as they just laugh at us anyway all the way to the bank.

Our answers are in any case moving targets. Government here changes things, the banks here change things, and institutions in our native lands change things. Change=Increase, of course. Eternal vigilance is the price of banking.

Edited by CMX

We can all argue all day till the cows come home, on this issue.

Bottom line is that transferring money in a big lump sum to a Thai bank account, versus pulling out piddling sums in cash with a foreign bank card via a Thai ATM is a no brainer. I understand that some here don't have a Thai bank account. I know some people use ATM withdrawals only when needed as a form of deprivation money management. I am cognizant that many people's eyes glaze over when terms like SWIFT, interbank exchange rate, etc. are in the mix.

Personally, I have done 3 or 4 large transfers a year for the last 4 years or so. My cost is less than one half of one percent.

If I transfer say 6000 USD, it costs me about $26.66. (The sixes are an intentional pun). Really about 4/10 of one percent in cost.

I get the current daily TT rate, which varies by only a few satang among the major banks.

Once the dosh is in my Thai bank account here, I can play the same money management game I excoriated others for above. Meaning take out only what I need, when I need it.

IMHO, pulling little sums through an ATM from a foreign card here in Thailand on a daily or weekly basis to finance your needs is simply foolish.

B)

I am totally unsurprised that you quote in US$. Entirely stereotypical behaviour. One who simply cannot understand why someone should behave in anyway other than theirs.

Some people do not have their income supplied in large amounts, some are just there on holiday, some prefer the extra protection of using their native financial institutions.

The only foolish assumption is the person who believes their way is the best for everyone. In their words a "no brainer". How apt.

Excuse me if I choose not to agree with your assumption, as after all; it's just your personal opinion and not one expressly made by Thaivisa.

I prefer to use the financial instruments from my country, as they afford me better protection and lower charges overall. Regardless of your opinion.

Allow me to deny any knowledge of banking practices relating to Great Britain.

But I think it would help in this thread if all contributors made the distinction about costs at THAT end and costs at THIS end - in Thailand. There is a long but eventually clarifying thread, a recent one, that explains THIS end under Foreign ATM Fee. I was surprised to encounter the charge of 150 baht per transaction, too, when it started, but once informed had to go on from there.

No card from any foreign bank can claim to be free from charges from a Thai bank. As is mentioned above, an Aeon ATM (if you can find one - they have an online site with listings in English) will NOT, at present, charge a 150 fee, nor will most "exchange" departments within (inside) most banks in Thailand. The inside procedure, however, may take a little while - passport, signatures.

I myself don't mind a monthly jaunt INTO my local bank to transfer funds into my account here, as it costs at present NO percent of a percent (at THIS Thai end). (or mine - an unrelated issue)

Strictly speaking, given their showing in the United States and other places, one is tempted to think of the big banking bosses as usurers and subject to punishments of biblical proportions, but it is to no purpose, as they just laugh at us anyway all the way to the bank.

Our answers are in any case moving targets. Government here changes things, the banks here change things, and institutions in our native lands change things. Change=Increase, of course. Eternal vigilance is the price of banking.

Good post.

As said, there are already a couple of recent threads running on this forum about ATM withdrawals, where there is some more information and a little less anger. :whistling:

We are all on a learning curve and should share future experiences for the benefit of all.

Rgds

I think part of the problem is that we come from different parts of the world and have differing circumstances.

There is no 'one size fits all'.

One can claim that transferring large amounts is best, but that's not such a great idea if you have locked in a poor exchange rate.

All we should do it to present the facts. Anyone who is unsure, is free to ask the questions that pertain to their circumstances. A better solution than being 'railroaded' by the personal opinions and circumstances of others.

Ah, to each his own, Jiu-Jitsu.

When I first emigrated to CM , I had many long-timers tell me that they would never, ever put their money in a Thai bank.

Funny thing is, the Thai banks weren't invested in Northern Rock, or Anglo Irish.

(And they are much more solid by Basel 3 standards than pretty much every bank in the so-called developed world).

Another amusing and concerning fact is that if you had moved more than a little amount of money here in the last year, you would be way ahead of the game in FX terms.

You have money in a bank, in your home country, in a currency that is depreciating versus the Thai baht. Yet you live in Thailand, where all your expenses are in Thai baht.

Please continue to use your "native financial institutions" that afford you "better protection and lower charges overall". I wish you the best.

:jap:

Ah, to each his own, Jiu-Jitsu.

When I first emigrated to CM , I had many long-timers tell me that they would never, ever put their money in a Thai bank.

Funny thing is, the Thai banks weren't invested in Northern Rock, or Anglo Irish.

(And they are much more solid by Basel 3 standards than pretty much every bank in the so-called developed world).

Another amusing and concerning fact is that if you had moved more than a little amount of money here in the last year, you would be way ahead of the game in FX terms.

You have money in a bank, in your home country, in a currency that is depreciating versus the Thai baht. Yet you live in Thailand, where all your expenses are in Thai baht.

Please continue to use your "native financial institutions" that afford you "better protection and lower charges overall". I wish you the best.

:jap:

Seems you are making it up as you go along. I certainly didn't say or write that I was in Thailand.

No would I have had any use for Northern Rock or Anglo Irish. As I wrote I get better protection and lower overall charges using foreign institutions.

I wrote before that there is no one size fits all, which is why I don't publish my personal circumstances.

Of course those who exchanged large amounts of money when the rate was closer to 70 baht to the pound will be ahead, but not everyone has large amounts of money.

So no point in trumpeting any one way as the best, as what suits me won't suit all. I get the best mix of value and protection from the methods that I use.

So, the best we can do is to post the facts and allow people to look further for themselves.

A thank you being incorrect?? Seems that I was right with my first impression of you. :)

Secondly, you were not aware of all of the options that were open to you. The comment that I highlighted in your earlier reply confirms this. Please don't try to lie about it.

As to your ridiculous comment about my suggestions being common knowledge; that certainly wasn't true for the OP now was it?

As to bland and poorly though out comment, allow me to reprint some of your writings:

However, the latest I hear is that you have to personaly open in the UK (just London?) which is a no-no for me, and also, although I don't know, I suspect they will not look favourably on a new customer resident abroad, ie Thailand. Also nowadays, opening a new bank account for any of the UK banks is such an almighty hassle, it is generally not worth the bother except in dire necessity. Anyway, having to travel to a Metro Bank will probably eat up any of the savings I might make by using them, for a few years. When back in the UK I generally avoid London like the plague so I am unlikely to be there 'anyway'!So, OK if you have one already but, for now, Metro Bank is a no-goer for me.

Why you imagine that I nor anyone else would be interested that you "generally avoid London like the plague" or that opening a UK bank account is an "almighty hassle"(in your opinion) is just mind boggling. :) The paragraph most certainly could win awards for 'hot air'.

I post the facts and let others decide for themselves. They can decide if they want to visit London in order to open an account.

Metro Bank claims to have you up and running in fifteen minutes, including the printing of your debit card there and then. Even if it were an hour, it puts your imaginary gripes to rest.

As to your apparent ineptitude at paying your (credit card)bills on time, again no reason for you to publish it here. Others like yourself will also discount the idea if they are similarly endowed.

As to your statement;

When in Thailand, I use a local credit card and debit card so that is easily better than using any UK or other 'foreign' card
perhaps you can explain to me why you consider this is so? I think the foreign card is superior in every aspect.

As you mention the Halifax International Transfer service, perhaps it would be appropriate to state the exchange rate obtained, in relation to the Visa/Mastercard rate in force at the time.

So, let's do away with the "bland and poorly thought" comment and get down to brass tacks. Shall we? :)

Really Jiu-Jitsu, your comments are really pretty worthless aren't they - as seems the case with you, you clearly have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. You seem to thank that just by being insulting you can bully your way through any mistakes that you make. You clearly have a major attitude problem and issues with anger management. You really do need to sort yourself out. Once you learn how to behave, then do feel free to post some additional comments which people might read with respect. At present your comments are just really bizarre as well as uselss, aren't they! I certainly will not deign to reply to any more of your absurdities unless you provide a full apology for your poor behaviour and attitude. :redcard2:

Back on topic. Ive had great service from FSA regulated www.gcen.co.uk / www.ccen.co.uk when transferring funds from UK to Thailand. You can phone them or email them or log on online. Better rates faster transfers and NO CHARGES

You can speak to a broker and Joe cooke has proved a fabulous help.

Tel: +44 (0) 1306 884 567

Fax: +44 (0) 1306 898 131

E-mail:

quote ref 1651-0100

Edited by Tywais
e-mail removed as per forum rules

As to your statement;

Really Jiu-Jitsu, your comments are really pretty worthless aren't they - as seems the case with you, you clearly have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. You seem to thank that just by being insulting you can bully your way through any mistakes that you make. You clearly have a major attitude problem and issues with anger management. You really do need to sort yourself out. Once you learn how to behave, then do feel free to post some additional comments which people might read with respect. At present your comments are just really bizarre as well as uselss, aren't they! I certainly will not deign to reply to any more of your absurdities unless you provide a full apology for your poor behaviour and attitude. :redcard2:

I hope that means that you won't be returning to this thread; as you haven't actually contributed anything; apart from your ridiculous opinions about London and amusing stories regarding your ineptitude when it comes to being able to pay your credit card bills whilst on the move.

I've have posted information on the best cards for UK citizens to use whilst travelling. I'm sure that the information will prove much more useful to readers than your obtuse ramblings about London and your imagined difficulties in opening a bank account.

Regardless of whether you think what I wrote was "nothing new", there will most certainly be someone who comes across this thread who will find the information that I posted about the best cards useful.

Whereas I can't imagine that anyone will find your writings of any use at all. Worthless is a perfect description.

I do hope that if you do feel the need to return to this thread, that you can add some useful information, rather than imagining this thread is all about you.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Looks like we are off again!

I think it maybe time that this thread was put out of its misery - there are two other current threads running on this topic that are more informative and which have not descended into bickering.

You joined the thread to write that?? Why not just post some useful info instead to keep it on topic?

Perhaps you could have even put links to the current threads here, so that people could easily find said informative threads.

The fact is that there is useful info in this thread, it's just being clouded by people making useless posts.