Isuzu Mu7

prk888

Now looking at the market and i like what i see in the MU7, Meets my specs. Before buying I would appreciate comments from MU7 owners. Thanks.

PS - The recent comments i received about colour printers were really very useful before purchase.

• Like 1

what does mu7 stand for --------is it diesel and what size engine and bhp

"MU" is a model name / acronym that Isuzu have been using for almost two decades, it's short for "Mysterious Utility". No, I'm not kidding - this is real, legit info.. It probably sounded Uber-cool to the Japanese marketing guy that originally dreamt it up ;) Isuzu TH have tried to change the meaning of it (being aware of how corny it is) but it'll always be a Mysterious Utility to me :D

The "7" refers to the seven seat capacity.

It's a diesel - I shudder at the thought of the running costs if it weren't.

It makes 163HP and 333Nm.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Unless you're wealthy, (or lucky), you will have to choose a vehicle "with the least number of negatives" in its class once you know exactly what features you're looking for in a car. Also, it helps to always keep in mind: TIT.

Following the above, I too, have settled on the MU7. There are a few of us 'MU7 Proponents' in this forum, I am probably the last one of the group to actually buy a MU7......

I am a 2 years owner of a MU7 Gold Activo.

I have a very few minor complains, like the original tires, low rear visibility, not, like the jealous Transam says, the most advanced design.

But, overall, a lot of plus. Among them, a wonderful engine, a very good interior configuration, very good multimedia system, fast and professional 5000 km assistance, good price and many freebies.

When a new version of MU7 come out, definitely I will buy.

I have read your other mail and thanks. I will almost certainly buy

PRK

Unless you're wealthy, (or lucky), you will have to choose a vehicle "with the least number of negatives" in its class once you know exactly what features you're looking for in a car. Also, it helps to always keep in mind: TIT.

Following the above, I too, have settled on the MU7. There are a few of us 'MU7 Proponents' in this forum, I am probably the last one of the group to actually buy a MU7......

• Like 1

I appreciate your confirmatory views

PRK

I am a 2 years owner of a MU7 Gold Activo.

I have a very few minor complains, like the original tires, low rear visibility, not, like the jealous Transam says, the most advanced design.

But, overall, a lot of plus. Among them, a wonderful engine, a very good interior configuration, very good multimedia system, fast and professional 5000 km assistance, good price and many freebies.

When a new version of MU7 come out, definitely I will buy.

Does anyone know what new (if any) colors, features and options that will be offered on the 2011 4x4 MU7 models?

Depends if you want the ambulance flashing blue light on top or Tony's Ice Cream Two Tone. I hear there's a Benny's Hot Dog paint scheme in the pipe line. :)

....ha-ha-ha.

Can anyone quote directly from the 2011 MU7 brochure?

I love the Activo metallic white color :wub:

AFAIK the colors are: Champagne - Grey - Black - Brown - White

:lol:

Because MU7, like Pajero and Fortuner, are truck derived :rolleyes:

MU7 uses Dmax pickup frame and suspension, while Fortuner and Pajero has a modified frame with coil springs. Huge difference in ride quality

Expect next gen MU7 within a year to be technical more like Fortuner and Pajero.

These are 2010 exterior colors for the MU7. Can anyone post the 2011 MU7 exterior colors?

Rear coils would be an added plus to the other positive characteristics of the MU7.

post-28626-086639000 1284953517_thumb.jp

Hi,

I have owned an MU7, although this was a few years ago when the gold series was new. I now have a dmax ls (because of my previous isuzu ownership I got an excellent deal). Anyway, having now driven the new pajero I would definitely choose that over the isuzu, imho its an infinite better ride.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have owned an MU7, although this was a few years ago when the gold series was new. I now have a Dmax ls (because of my previous isuzu ownership I got an excellent deal). Anyway, having now driven the new Pajero I would definitely choose that over the Isuzu, IMHO, it's an infinite better ride.

......and from 'The Other Corner' of this debate, my totally unbiased (and mechanically clueless) 16 year old daughter would like her opinion voiced: She has rode thousands of miles as a passenger all over LOS in all three rows of seats in the 2009 Fortuner and the 2010 Isuzu MU7. As a passenger, it's her opinion, without a doubt, that the MU7 is hands down, the more comfortable ride.....she wouldn't have me buy any other vehicle!

As the driver of both these vehicles, and if I had to absolutely choose, I would rate the Fortuner 'as the better riding vehicle' but it's no 'glaring' difference IMHO.....but, "overall", I rate the MU7 the winner with both its larger (rear) cargo space and comfortable 3rd row seating (not to mention overall passenger space and comfort).

As a test, try it yourselves: Ride for 4 hours in the 3rd row seat of the SUV of your choice and then ride in the MU7.....

• Like 1

Yeh, but your 16 year old had the disco music blaring on your fancy thingy and she didn't sit still for a minute. Try putting granny in the back next time. :)

.....ha-ha-ha You're partly correct: She was sitting still enjoying the premium navigation/entertainment system that comes 'standard' with the MU7, but I wasn't going to mention that! :)

• Like 1

Italy is thehome of Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborgini, Lancia, Iso Rivolta and Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Ducati, Gilera, etc

I'm Italian, so we born and live with velocity and then, on the contrary, we like more to enjoy the trip with nice panoramas, the family, a good song. Relax, sabai, shanti.

PS: we are used more to V12 not to V8 :lol:

• Like 1

My son can enjoy his Ultraman/Shrek/ben10/Doraemon cartoon with his audio and in the meantime I can use my 160 GB iPod with the wonderful sound system by Kenwood to listen the music I like..........we like more to enjoy the trip with nice panoramas, the family, a good song. Relax, sabai, shanti.

.....Ahhhhh, the international comfort appeal of traveling in a MU7! :jap:

• Like 1