New Cars Market In Thailand For 2010 And Beyond..

Isuzu or Chev? :)

2012isuzudmax.jpg

Chevy, LHD.

Izu isnt very strong in any market outside LOS, and there are rumours this will be the last Izu, if Chev can do a proper job in LOS gradually taking over the Izu customers. GM, owner of both brands , still has some cleaning up to do in their huge amount of brand names to achieve profit.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2012isuzudmax.jpg

Chevy, LHD.

Izu isnt very strong in any market outside LOS, and there are rumours this will be the last Izu, if Chev can do a proper job in LOS gradually taking over the Izu customers. GM, owner of both brands , still has some cleaning up to do in their huge amount of brand names to achieve profit.

The front badge appears to read "Chevrolet", but this was posted as being a spy shot for the new Isuzu D-Max.. It has Euro plates, so that would explain LHD.. A mystery for now :)

Maybe something like this ?

GM’s new ‘small truck’

post-42643-062153100 1282477983_thumb.jp

The new Ute will be the bed for Holden’s Colorado and is set to appear some time in 2012.

' its program identifier inside General Motors is GMI 700. It will be manufactured in Thailand'

Edited by ignis

Maybe something like this ?

GM's new 'small truck'

post-42643-062153100 1282477983_thumb.jp

The new Ute will be the bed for Holden's Colorado and is set to appear some time in 2012.

That looks more full-sized to me, which would be a nice option ;)

The next Aussie Colorado will be a Thai-made GMI700/RT-50 - just as the current model and the previously sold Rodeo were Thai-made Colorado/D-Max's

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

2012isuzudmax.jpg

Chevy, LHD.

The front badge appears to read "Chevrolet", but this was posted as being a spy shot for the new Isuzu D-Max.. It has Euro plates, so that would explain LHD.. A mystery for now :)

Developed by GMs Chevy, there is no reason for Izu to test LHD yet. Developed by Chevy its most likely to first be tested as LHD, and later be converted to RHD. Is Chevy Colorado to be introduced in US next summer?

But yes it is a spy shot for the new Dmax, cause they will be very similar except for lights, grill, fenders and rear hatch, none of it visible here:)

Are you sure GM owns Isuzu Motors Ltd. They had a 49% stake at one time.

Toyota have a small stake too 6 or 7%.

I thought it was more of a partnership with GM.

Oh well time for some googling!.

GM bought much of Isuzus pickup, suv and car division years ago, before they bought Daewoo. Cars where shut down, but pickups in LOS continued. All from my memory, lets see what you can find in internett:)

Are you sure GM owns Isuzu Motors Ltd. They had a 49% stake at one time.

Toyota have a small stake too 6 or 7%.

I thought it was more of a partnership with GM.

Oh well time for some googling!.

GM bought much of Isuzus pickup, suv and car division years ago, before they bought Daewoo. Cars where shut down, but pickups in LOS continued. All from my memory, lets see what you can find in internett:)

No probs, enjoy.

Questions may be asked later!!

Isuzu

News Snippets:

Ford and Mazda Thailand announced an additional investment of USD $350M (1.1B Baht) into the Auto Alliance Thailand manufacturing facility last Thursday, bringing their total investment now to USD $1.8 Billion in the facility. The new investment is for upgrades and tooling for the all-new BT-50 and Ranger pickup trucks, which they also confirmed will enter production in mid-2011 (for Nov 2011 release).

Ford confirms new Fiesta actual customer deliveries to start September 2nd.

The new Honda Jazz Hybrid has been revealed at the Paris Motor Show - destined for Thai market release sometime in 2011..

hondajazzhybrid01.jpg

hondajazzhybrid02.jpg

Some more info on the new Ford Ranger/Mazda BT-50 (T6 platform) has been leaked..

Body width will increase over current model (currently 1.7M).

Two engines have been rumored for the Thai variants (Both codenamed PUMA and developed by Ford) - a 2.2L diesel and a 3.2L diesel. The 2.2L is a new design and not much is known about it yet, but the 3.2L will be an update of the engine currently used in the ford Transit - which in current spec makes 200HP and 470Nm (revisions before release will most likely see these numbers change).

3 gearboxes will be available: a 5MT (MT75), a 6MT (MT82), and a 6AT (6R80).

Front suspension will be double-wishbone with solid axle and leafs in the rear. It looks like they will continue to have rear drum brakes too..

And to finish off the update, here are some CG renders that are also rumored to be very close to actual:

t6rangerfrontfinal625x4.jpg

t6rangerinteriorfinal62.jpg

The new Honda Jazz Hybrid has been revealed at the Paris Motor Show - destined for Thai market release sometime in 2011.

This is a cool beginning, though I personally am waiting for a nice hybrid in the SUV (Fortuner, MU-7) class.

GMI700 / RT-50 spy-shots (next gen Chev Colorado / Isuzu D-Max) - Thai/Aust market version

Thanks for these shots! It's looking as though the new 2012 platform will (maybe?) have similar exterior 'lines' and form as the 2011 MU-7. That's good only in that it should mean some real 'feature' changes in other areas of the new model!?

This is a cool beginning, though I personally am waiting for a nice hybrid in the SUV (Fortuner, MU-7) class.

Why are they worth the extra money ?

Last week watched 5th Gear, The Honda Hybrid against the normal VW Golf, the Honda got 1 MPG more than the Golf over a measured Gallon, but the Honda was a lot more expensive

Edit: there are a number of different Toyota Hybrid here in Thailand, just seen a 'Alphard' go down the Village

Edited by ignis

Anyone have a ballpark figure for the price of that Jazz Hybrid? +/-1M?

No idea on the Jazz..

Is there any point in a Hybrid in Thailand ?

1,000's of web pages about the Civic Hybrid, it would appear that with a Civic Hybrid you need to drive 300,000 miles just to cover the extra costs over a normal Civic..

Sure if you live in the UK or many places in Europe, Eg: No parking Fees, No City Tax, much reduced road tax... But in Thailand ?

Toyota managed to squeeze the tax man close to Zero on Camry, making hybrid cost similar as petrol only. Tax saving on top spec Jazz hybrid would be approx 200k baht, so if hybrid can be done for this kinda money, price should remain below 800k baht.

Toyota managed to squeeze the tax man close to Zero on Camry, making hybrid cost similar as petrol only. Tax saving on top spec Jazz hybrid would be approx 200k baht, so if hybrid can be done for this kinda money, price should remain below 800k baht.

I like the idea of a Hybrid, but cannot see how it adds up here...

You say about the Toyota Camry, as far as I can see, like for like the 2.4 petrol Camry is 200,00 baht cheaper than the like spec 2.4 Camry Hybrid.

Looking a few months ago re the Honda Civic Hybrid, 100's of websites mostly about the USA ones, it appears that 2 and 3 year old ones need new batteries [100,000m] these are around 3,000 US $ for the set.. People are saying that as they still have warranted Honda are doing something with the mapping = less power + far more petrol use..

Have notice that the Toyota Commuter Bus here, far more of them are 2.7 VVTi engines with CNG/NVG taking to one of the drivers he said that the petrol with CNG is cheaper to buy then a Diesel + cost a lot less to run..

So many Car Manufactors now appear to be supplying cars with CNG/NVG I simple cannot see where the Hybrid fits in, in Thailand.

Sure if you live in London

Car Congestion charge 8 GBP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hybrid = 0

Parking in London per hour up to 5 GBP each hour >>>>>>>>> Hybrid 1st hr FREE then up to 1.20

Parking garage 30 GBP per day >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hybrid 8 GBP

Yearly Road Tax on a Honda Civic 110GBP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hybrid Civic 20 GBP

So in UK as well as many other places in Europe a Hybrid makes a lot of sense.... Just cannot see any advantage to buying one in Thailand

I like the idea of a Hybrid, but cannot see how it adds up here...

You say about the Toyota Camry, as far as I can see, like for like the 2.4 petrol Camry is 200,00 baht cheaper than the like spec 2.4 Camry Hybrid.

So in UK as well as many other places in Europe a Hybrid makes a lot of sense.... Just cannot see any advantage to buying one in Thailand

adding 700k of hybrid tech to camry and charge customer 200k only seems like a good tax package to me:)

but hybrid in los i agree, no point. range on batteries only to short

News Snippets:

Ford and Mazda Thailand announced an additional investment of USD $350M (1.1B Baht) into the Auto Alliance Thailand manufacturing facility last Thursday, bringing their total investment now to USD $1.8 Billion in the facility. The new investment is for upgrades and tooling for the all-new BT-50 and Ranger pickup trucks, which they also confirmed will enter production in mid-2011 (for Nov 2011 release).

Ford confirms new Fiesta actual customer deliveries to start September 2nd.

The new Honda Jazz Hybrid has been revealed at the Paris Motor Show - destined for Thai market release sometime in 2011..

hondajazzhybrid01.jpg

hondajazzhybrid02.jpg

I hope this means that both Ford and Mazda in Thailand will start producing upto date models for the Focus and Mazda 3? The ones currently sold in LOS are 3 years if not older models than available in Europe. Why so far behind when we have the latest Mazda 2 & Fiesta?

I hope this means that both Ford and Mazda in Thailand will start producing upto date models for the Focus and Mazda 3? The ones currently sold in LOS are 3 years if not older models than available in Europe. Why so far behind when we have the latest Mazda 2 & Fiesta?

Current generation Mazda 2 was released in Western markets in 2007, and for Thailand in March 2010 (with a minor change).

Current generation Ford Fiesta was released in Western markets in 2008, and for Thailand in September 2010 (with a minor change).

Current generation Mazda 3 was released in Western markets in 2009, Thailand will get it's first release in 2011 (with a minor change).

All-New Ford Focus gets released in 2011 for Western markets, and Thailand gets it in 2012..

The Ford Focus currently on-sale in Thailand is the same as currently sold globally. The Mazda 3 is being delayed & launched identically to the way the Mazda 2 was done, and for a first, TH will receive the new Focus only 1 year behind the Western world.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

At present i am looking for a new 5 door car. The Focus sport 2.0 Diesel is top of my list.

The only problem is the 1.149.000 price tag. I went to the Ford agent in Ubon and he told me he does not know of any Ford agent that has taken delivery of this model in the N/East.

Just checking if anyone knows whare to find one in Bangkok,i am curious if any of the Ford agents in Bangkok would be glad to give high discount for a cash sale, as i am sure there are many available due to the poor sales on this model.

• 3 weeks later...

Some more info on the new Ford Ranger/Mazda BT-50 (T6 platform) has been leaked..

Body width will increase over current model (currently 1.7M).

Two engines have been rumored for the Thai variants (Both codenamed PUMA and developed by Ford) - a 2.2L diesel and a 3.2L diesel. The 2.2L is a new design and not much is known about it yet, but the 3.2L will be an update of the engine currently used in the ford Transit - which in current spec makes 200HP and 470Nm (revisions before release will most likely see these numbers change).

3 gearboxes will be available: a 5MT (MT75), a 6MT (MT82), and a 6AT (6R80).

Front suspension will be double-wishbone with solid axle and leafs in the rear. It looks like they will continue to have rear drum brakes too..

And to finish off the update, here are some CG renders that are also rumored to be very close to actual:

t6rangerfrontfinal625x4.jpg

t6rangerinteriorfinal62.jpg

To be launched at the Sydney Motor Show on Oct 15, as is Mazda.

Size will be similar as Vigo, to increase rear seat comfort.

Ford Australia is responsible to develope new Everest based on these pickups. More ride friendly suspension is expected to cope with Fortuner and Pajero Sport

To be launched at the Sydney Motor Show on Oct 15, as is Mazda.

Size will be similar as Vigo, to increase rear seat comfort.

Ford Australia is responsible to develope new Everest based on these pickups. More ride friendly suspension is expected to cope with Fortuner and Pajero Sport

Just to clarify, they will be unveiled at the Sydney Motor Show - actual launch will be late next year / early 2012, after Thailand.

And yes, cosmetic design and chassis tweaking is 100% Australian on these, which more than likely means they'll very comfortably lead the segment for ride quality, handling and NVH - the Aussies are 2nd only to the Germans for this stuff, though I'm sure some would argue better than them ;)

The new Isuzu Super Titanium

http://auto.sanook.c...07;ี.html

As I can understand not to many changes

Hope to get one next week.

Tiger

Congratulations! The first detailed post about the 2011 Isuzus! Now it's the 'Super Titanium' era! It's going to be interesting to see which of the new exterior colors will be available for the MU7...

The new Isuzu Super Titanium

http://auto.sanook.c...07;ี.html

As I can understand not to many changes

Hope to get one next week.

Tiger

Congratulations! The first detailed post about the 2011 Isuzus! Now it's the 'Super Titanium' era! It's going to be interesting to see which of the new exterior colors will be available for the MU7...

Super Titanium officially launches tomorrow (27 Sept), and has been officially described as a "super nanochange", as opposed to a "mega picochange" or "micro minorchange", I guess, hehe :D

In the MU-7, the differences are a few accents, amber/red dash illumination, auto-folding side mirrors, and the addition of a split-view front camera. Colors appear to be the same as before I'm afraid.

Note that there will also be a new "X-Series" launching in November this year, if you dig your ride having Ford-style racing stripes and checkered flag accents ;)

mu7titanium.jpg

Isuzu MU-7 Super Titanium

MU-7 Super Titanium Prices:

• Primo 2WD 4JJ1-TC 3000 Ddi MT 1,013,000.

• Primo 2WD 4JJ1-TC 3000 Ddi AT 1,063,000.

• Primo 2WD 4JJ1-TCX 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo MT i-Genii 1,170,000.

• Primo 2WD 4JJ1-TCX 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo AT i-Genii 1,220,000.

• Activo 4WD 4JJ1-TCX 3000 Ddi VGS Turbo AT i-Genii 1,320,000.

Note: These are not "2011" models. Thailand model years work on actual Gregorian calendar years... ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis
  • Like 1