Pattaya Monorail?

Dirk_brijs

Instead of thinking of a Mono Rail, the city hall should think about the state of roads and pavements. Besides this, I don't know any city of the size of Pattaya in the world, which is operating a mono rail.

It would make big sense though to built a high speed railway line from BKK-Suvanabphumi-Chonburi - Pattaya - Rayong. That would promote tourism as well as business travel. Much better invested money, but as various cities are concerned, this might be no prestige object (and source of funds) for the Pattaya City Hall only.

I think the monorail is a great idea, and if it went along the beach, and was high enough, you could view all the garbage floating in the water, and look at all the beautiful umbrellas. Also you wouldnt have to actually sit on the beach, so you could avoid all the vendors, broken sidewalks, drug dealers, and working girls, or (boys). And if they started it now, they wouldnt have to worry about finishing the road to Jomtien. Probably be finished by 2050.

Instead of thinking of a Mono Rail, the city hall should think about the state of roads and pavements. Besides this, I don't know any city of the size of Pattaya in the world, which is operating a mono rail.

It would make big sense though to built a high speed railway line from BKK-Suvanabphumi-Chonburi - Pattaya - Rayong. That would promote tourism as well as business travel. Much better invested money, but as various cities are concerned, this might be no prestige object (and source of funds) for the Pattaya City Hall only.

I know Vegas is bigger, but they have a mono rail. And if I am not mistaken, it is losing money big time. They built it in the wrong location, charge too much money, and now nobody uses it. Would have been cool if it could have gone down the center of LV Blvd. That would have been a ride worth the money!

Maybe a cable car system stopping off at the big shopping centres and hotels etc and going over the hill to Jomtien..

There also needs to be a proper railway running down that coast, linking it to the airport and Bangkok. But anything in Pattaya would be a much more small scale system.

I also think a more modern transport system is needed but I reckon city hall has more of a tourism feature in mind than that, similar to the Seattle monorail.

City hall can't even the get the taxi meter thing right, so pessimism is definitely called for.

Today I was thinking because Pattaya doesn't have real taxi meters but lots of moto taxis which many many people do NOT like to ride, that Pattaya needs a kind of tuk tuk. Not dirty tuk tuks but more like electric golf cart type tuks tuks like they have in Mazatlan Mexico. Of course unless the fares are regulated and reasonable they will just be like the Phuket tuk tuks, sitting most of the time mafia style waiting for a desperado and/or sucker. Like the taxi fake meters here.

post-37101-093185100 1285276894_thumb.jp

Edited by Jingthing

Monorail.

Cool.

Why not?

Progress u know.

please read the original post I said valid reasons I presume COOl is your vision of a valid reason???

lets put thousands of people out of business and spend billions of baht cause it is COOL???

please dude

I think a number of valid reasons have been suggested on this thread.

Not sure who are the thousands who would be put out of business?

Am sure a large construction project would create much work for many people.

Like I said Progress.

For sure...thousands would not be put out of work. Actually, if done properly, it would draw more tourists and thus create more jobs! :D

Many ppl come here to ride different things! This monorail comes out of a sick mind. <_<