Rat Trap

wobblyjohn

I was shocked to see a rat in my room today, :o only a small one but a rat all the same, :angry: we never leave any food lying around so I don't know what its eating I need to get rid asap, does anyone know where I can buy a rat trap, a mate has given me some sort of sticky rat plate but I want a quick and clean kill ;)

Sorry mods I posted this in the wrong section, please move

Edited by wobblyjohn

Have to agree with Onnut. I tried poison and other traps but the only thing that worked was the mats. You need to check them frequently or you get a very bad smell. The occasional rat does get away but I have caught 7 to date. It may be worthwhile tring to find where they get in. I wired up my outlets from the rain pipes as that is where they were climbing up into the roof. Good luck

The sticky mats are the way to go but as noted you need to check them frequently. We generally put dried fish on the mat, seems to work a treat. Catch one then dump the rat and mat in a plastic bag and dispose of outside.

WobblyJohn

The sticky mats work well with bacon. It does not kill the rat outright but all you have to do is put it in the bin and take it outside.

No mess.

Have to agree with Onnut. I tried poison and other traps but the only thing that worked was the mats. You need to check them frequently or you get a very bad smell. The occasional rat does get away but I have caught 7 to date. It may be worthwhile tring to find where they get in. I wired up my outlets from the rain pipes as that is where they were climbing up into the roof. Good luck

The sticky mats are the way to go but as noted you need to check them frequently. We generally put dried fish on the mat, seems to work a treat. Catch one then dump the rat and mat in a plastic bag and dispose of outside.

Thanks for all the reply's,

I have got the sticky mat with bacon and also found a small hardware shop that sells rat traps but it's not exactly what I was looking for (a wooden one) as you can see in the photo, this one is probably illegal in the UK :shock1:

If it gets the bacon off there it's welcome to it, and I will bait it again with dried fish or some decent back bacon :unsure:

CIMG7063.jpg

Edited by wobblyjohn

Hey, the glue trap is great, but dont let your dogs or cats near it. I have even taken them to europe, and our rats and mice always get stuck.

where to buy???

I buy them at Macro and carrefour, they seems to be a common item in most shops.

I had a rat issue, over 2 weeks I caught 5 of the buggers with these sticky pads... I still have one to go and he is proving hard to catch..... Last sticky trap he escaped from, infact he ate a large chunk of the plastic tray., time to purchase an air rifle.

Edited by Spoonman

"I buy them at Macro and carrefour, they seems to be a common item in most shops."

thanks a lot! i am not sure whether we have a rat issue in our attic. but shortly after i had a big mouth in another thread concerning attic insulation and claiming no rodent can access the attic i have a bunch of animals running around on my gypsum ceilings making a racket as if somebody is moving furniture. our thai staff claims it must be some big Tokay lizards. anyway, i will try the "sticky pads" and hope to catch the buggers.

Where to Buy

sticky traps everywhere even 7/11

Rat Traps any Thai hardware shop, metal cage with trap and spring door cost 50 baht each.... see any of those motorbike/side cars selling brooms and things ? they sell them for 60 baht.

• 1 month later...

We have a house upcountry which has been infested with rats. They live in the roof space above the suspended ceiling and, by all accounts, are wise to the traps/bait/poison that have so far been tried. The rats are chewing cables and have also chewed the flexi-type pipes that feed the water to the washing machine. Has anyone had any luck with sonic repellent devices, or are they a waste of money? A Thai friend who lives in the UK bought 2 of these gizmos via a TV shopping channel and brought them to Thailand, she reckons they work, I am not so sure. What can get rid of them? I thought the local Thais would have this boxed off, send in a couple of trained and highly vicious mongoose/ferret types? Thinking on, the rats are probably big enough to hold their own. Any ideas?

I haven't seen the rat trap the OP referred to sold in Thailand. Must be a Buddhist thing. However, when I had a rat problem in the US they worked very well.

I have a friend in the US who swears by the electric/electronic rat zappers.

Here in Thailand, I use the rat cages which work well. However, you have a live rat that you have to dispose of. I usually open the cage in front of the dogs in an open field and let them chase and kill the rat.

Because I have dogs, the rat glue is a problem. The dogs end up having the tray stuck to them.

I haven't heard of anyone having success with the electronic sonic devices.

I haven't seen the rat trap the OP referred to sold in Thailand. Must be a Buddhist thing. However, when I had a rat problem in the US they worked very well.

I have a friend in the US who swears by the electric/electronic rat zappers.

Here in Thailand, I use the rat cages which work well. However, you have a live rat that you have to dispose of. I usually open the cage in front of the dogs in an open field and let them chase and kill the rat.

Because I have dogs, the rat glue is a problem. The dogs end up having the tray stuck to them.

I haven't heard of anyone having success with the electronic sonic devices.

I think the glue traps might be the way forward. Thanks!

Edited by thx1138