Malaysia Immigration

I'm a bit confused by the announcement on the AirAsia(dot)com site today which states the following:

Visa on arrival (VOA) will no longer be issued in Malaysia

AirAsia & AirAsia X would like to inform our guests that the Malaysian Immigration Department will no longer be issuing Visa on Arrival (VOA), effective 15th August 2010.

If you were able to obtain a VOA, you will now need a valid visa before you fly with us. Please comply with this new ruling to avoid being denied access to board.

I checked the Brit FCO site, but they seem to think that VOA's are still valid for British citizens.

Anybody experienced a problem entering the country without obtaining a visa beforehand just lately?

Edited by Xircal

I imagine VOA and Visa Exemption are not the same.

U.K. passport holders receive 90 day permission to stay stamp with no visa necessary when entering Malaysia in the same way they would receive 30/15 day stamp on entering Thailand without a visa, so don't panic, you'll get 90 days as I did a few days ago.

U.K. passport holders receive 90 day permission to stay stamp with no visa necessary when entering Malaysia in the same way they would receive 30/15 day stamp on entering Thailand without a visa, so don't panic, you'll get 90 days as I did a few days ago.

Yes, The Air Asia web site is as good as it's service - sh*t - I've just booked a flight with them and because I use Google Chrome it would not process neither would an older version of Internet Explorer so I had to download the new version. how can a company this big not have the expertise to allow bookings from other web browsers?

As previous posters have said, a British passport holder gets a 90 day visa exemption. Wish Thailand would do the same!!!

OK, I misread it then.