Lock Tight

dagling

HomePro

Thank you BigBikeBKK, is it named Lock tight, or do it have another name/thai name on it?

You're welcome. The brand I use is Permatex. Made in the USA. Comes in many varieties for all applications.

1368530_permatex.jpg

Loctite is German I believe? Can't remember if HomePro sells the Loctite brand.

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

On a similar vein, can anyone tell where to buy Rocol metal cutting compound? (for lubrication and cutting of metals while machining)

Ive looked and asked but get nothing but blank stares and "uh"

Omega has 657 cutting fluid 6020 baht for 5l. My local screw shop has some old tins of TapeRight or similar name for between 300 - 400 baht. One is soluble and one is for aluminium. Maybe you could try your local metal pipe shop and see what they use or if it is a samall number of holes use sewing machine oil.

On a similar vein, can anyone tell where to buy Rocol metal cutting compound? (for lubrication and cutting of metals while machining)

Omega has 657 cutting fluid 6020 baht for 5l. My local screw shop has some old tins of TapeRight or similar name for between 300 - 400 baht. One is soluble and one is for aluminium. Maybe you could try your local metal pipe shop and see what they use or if it is a samall number of holes use sewing machine oil.

Thanks Vocalneal

I want it for drilling stainless steel, From my past experience Rocol is head and shoulders above anything else. Altho I know there must be others similar also.

Admitedly I havent been into any machine shops asking, but from what Ive seen they seem to use that white watery stuff whatever it is, doesnt work drilling stst. The Rocal is a thick paste and if put higher up the drill bit, as it heats, it runs down and keeps lubricating/cutting for a while.

Thanks Vocalneal

I want it for drilling stainless steel, From my past experience Rocol is head and shoulders above anything else. Altho I know there must be others similar also.

Admitedly I havent been into any machine shops asking, but from what Ive seen they seem to use that white watery stuff whatever it is, doesnt work drilling stst. The Rocal is a thick paste and if put higher up the drill bit, as it heats, it runs down and keeps lubricating/cutting for a while.

I just thought I would try while I was out-and-about. The white watery stuff is soluble oil, mostly for cooling. As I drill mostly thin wall tubing I gave up looking for that brush on type lubricant.

I don't do much stainless drilling all I know is the point angle is 135 degrees. ermm.gif

Last resort you could experiment with STP. It is very sticky and would get thinner when heated. Not sure about it's lubricity though.

Edited by VocalNeal

I've only seen the Permatex myself here but it's a good reliable brand.

Just a reminder for newbies, buy the medium strength/blue color if you ever want to be able to remove the bolt.

If you get the heavy duty red color, you'll need to apply a blowtorch to release the compound.

I stripped some boltheads in the past having to learn this the hard way.

Regular Super Glue (nicknamed Crazy Glue in Thailand) is just as good and as easy to release as Loctite Blue, and more readily available.

And in a pinch, over the years I have used finger nail polish as well. It works as well as super glue, or Loctite Blue and is removable, but doesnt come loose. Incidentally, in the States Loctite colors are reversed. We had to use the Red if we wanted ever remove a bolt., and the blue, well you might as well weld the bolt in.