Burglar Alarm

Marksamui

Hi

I use security safe stop, google it, very good service and price is OK, they import the stuff from AUS, only had 1 false alarm.

price? how big is the house,,, i paid around 50.000 for a 2bed 2 bath, siren inside and out, flashing light. and it works never had a break in :o

• Like 1

Hi

I use security safe stop, google it, very good service and price is OK, they import the stuff from AUS, only had 1 false alarm.

price? how big is the house,,, i paid around 50.000 for a 2bed 2 bath, siren inside and out, flashing light. and it works never had a break in :o

How do you know? Because no one thought your place worth robbing? Or was it just that your neighbours rolled over and went back to sleep, same the police, and me:lol:

Seriously, just like those annoying car alarms, whose going to give a rat's about someone else's property? Never mind squaring up to some possibly armed burglar?

S'okay. You drill one of those smug little 'security' signs onto the outside wall of your little palace. Just to let them know there might be something worth stealing in there :wacko:

Dont you think they will try the next house with no alarm?

i can tell that i know a guy there had 3 break ins, he got the alarm, never had one since so i guess i could work, who knows.

BTW my next door and next again will put the dogs out if my alarm goes off, and i will send my girl friend if they have trouble.

Dont you think they will try the next house with no alarm?

i can tell that i know a guy there had 3 break ins, he got the alarm, never had one since so i guess i could work, who knows.

BTW my next door and next again will put the dogs out if my alarm goes off, and i will send my girl friend if they have trouble.

:blink:

Check what will happen if your electricity and/or phone lines are cut before the break-in. Also, how far away the security station or police station are in case the system is triggered. And lastly, what have you prepared for yourself and your family if someone does break in? There can be a lot of time between the time they enter and the time help arrives and you should have some place safe inside your home. As the previous poster said, don't put a sign outside announcing that you have enough wealth to justify a security system. That only benefits the security company that sold you the equipment and the criminals.

Edited by MrE

Check what will happen if your electricity and/or phone lines are cut before the break-in. Also, how far away the security station or police station are in case the system is triggered. And lastly, what have you prepared for yourself and your family if someone does break in? There can be a lot of time between the time they enter and the time help arrives and you should have some place safe inside your home. As the previous poster said, don't put a sign outside announcing that you have enough wealth to justify a security system. That only benefits the security company that sold you the equipment and the criminals.

Hi

My alarm has a back up battery it will keep it going for around 24 hours, should be enough even in Thailand, as for the sign i dont believe what you are saying, i know about 8 people having alarms and since they got the alarm and the sign no break in, 3 of them had break in before they got the alarm, i do belive that an alarm is working, at least you will know that somebody is getting into your house, even if your sleeping, and i still believe that they will try another house with NO sign before they come to you. Also if they can see a CCTV camera right in front of them, think they will move to the next with no sign and no CCTV, but hey thats just me.

anyone ever heard of the kamoeys here cutting lines?

Thanks for posting HDRIDER!

Most decent alarms will have battery backup, so unless they cut your line (without electrocuting themselves) and find all of your control boxes with batteries installed, the alarm will still go off. Combine that with a couple of well trained dogs that are taught not to eat food from strangers and you're doing better than most people for security.

Hi

My alarm has a back up battery it will keep it going for around 24 hours, should be enough even in Thailand, as for the sign i dont believe what you are saying, i know about 8 people having alarms and since they got the alarm and the sign no break in, 3 of them had break in before they got the alarm, i do belive that an alarm is working, at least you will know that somebody is getting into your house, even if your sleeping, and i still believe that they will try another house with NO sign before they come to you. Also if they can see a CCTV camera right in front of them, think they will move to the next with no sign and no CCTV, but hey thats just me.

seconded

and in addition some alarms use GSM as phoneline backup/replacement

a CCTV camera, working or not, with a movement sensor 150W floodlight will usually make most choose another house

still trust my rottweiler and my Glock more though

as a Glock replacement, a signal pen shooting into ceiling makes burglar believe you have a gun

Signal pens available at most Marine stores, choose the shots with no light, only sound

seconded

and in addition some alarms use GSM as phoneline backup/replacement

a CCTV camera, working or not, with a movement sensor 150W floodlight will usually make most choose another house

still trust my rottweiler and my Glock more though

as a Glock replacement, a signal pen shooting into ceiling makes burglar believe you have a gun

Signal pens available at most Marine stores, choose the shots with no light, only sound

My point was to check - all systems are not created equal. Complacency and underestimating the adaptability of criminals is a mistake as per this posting on a different thread:

Posted Yesterday, 09:51

It seems that this is not an isolated incident. We had 5 burglary's in our small Soi "Karnjana" in Nai Harn in one "1" week only.

They (or he) robbed one House twice. And there was knowledge of the Location and what to take.

In all Cases the Owner was out for a limited Period of time.

In my case they disable my Lightsystem which i had around the House by shortcutting the Fuse from the outside.

Than dislocated the high mounted cameras with a plastic Pipe which they brought.

that was my 5th. Burglary in 7 years in one Location.

My primary concern is not with lost possessions which can be replaced. It is with the tragic results of thinking one is protected when the truth is far different. An alarm, for instance gives you about thirty seconds warning from the time the attacker enters the window or door to wake from a deep, often alcohol induced stupor, grab your weapon and react properly without killing the wrong person. That is not security and too often ends badly.

You can have "James Bond" style beams around the perimeter of your property which, when interrupted, triggers the alarm. This means the alarm sounds before the burglar even touches your house.

And before someone jumps in and says, "What about dogs and cats triggering it?" - These are very sophisticated and can "see" that it's not a human. Not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive.

I've had a system like this for ten years outside Thailand and five years in Thailand.

Edited by macahoom

My point was to check - all systems are not created equal. Complacency and underestimating the adaptability of criminals is a mistake as per this posting on a different thread:

Posted Yesterday, 09:51

It seems that this is not an isolated incident. We had 5 burglary's in our small Soi "Karnjana" in Nai Harn in one "1" week only.

They (or he) robbed one House twice. And there was knowledge of the Location and what to take.

In all Cases the Owner was out for a limited Period of time.

In my case they disable my Lightsystem which i had around the House by shortcutting the Fuse from the outside.

Than dislocated the high mounted cameras with a plastic Pipe which they brought.

that was my 5th. Burglary in 7 years in one Location.

My primary concern is not with lost possessions which can be replaced. It is with the tragic results of thinking one is protected when the truth is far different. An alarm, for instance gives you about thirty seconds warning from the time the attacker enters the window or door to wake from a deep, often alcohol induced stupor, grab your weapon and react properly without killing the wrong person. That is not security and too often ends badly.

HI

I see what you mean but do you prefer to wake up WHEN the burglar are in your bedroom or before?

I don’t think anybody can convince me that it’s better to NOT have an alarm

I dont think there is any wrong person in your house if you have a break in.

You can have "James Bond" style beams around the perimeter of your property which, when interrupted, triggers the alarm. This means the alarm sounds before the burglar even touches your house.

And before someone jumps in and says, "What about dogs and cats triggering it?" - These are very sophisticated and can "see" that it's not a human. Not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive.

I've had a system like this for ten years outside Thailand and five years in Thailand.

the dog and cat non sensitive sensors separates on body mass. Its a bit tricky to make them differ a 50 kg rottweiler from a 45 kg person

the dog and cat non sensitive sensors separates on body mass. Its a bit tricky to make them differ a 50 kg rottweiler from a 45 kg person

Hi

They do have some that measure in height as well, they showed it on Discovery, they let 4 dogs run around and only when a person came to the room the alarm went off

Hi

They do have some that measure in height as well, they showed it on Discovery, they let 4 dogs run around and only when a person came to the room the alarm went off

The height ones work fine indoors, but outdoors cats and dogs jump fences to get in, so bodymass is preferred. have had both, some (or a lot) of false alarms to be expected if you have pets

I too have the perimeter beams as part of my alarm system. I had them set it up so my dogs would not trigger the beams as my wall is high so there is no jumping over the wall for cats or dogs. Knock on wood, 7 years in the same residence and not one break in in our soi as I'm sure there are much easier and better sois to target.

HI

I see what you mean but do you prefer to wake up WHEN the burglar are in your bedroom or before?

I don’t think anybody can convince me that it’s better to NOT have an alarm

I dont think there is any wrong person in your house if you have a break in.

I am saying that depending on ONLY an alarm system on your windows and doors even with CCTV cameras, although a good start, is not enough to keep you safe. Every home needs to be protected in layers from the outermost perimeter inwards. This gives you time to get to a secure zone BEFORE the perpetrators enter your home. The WRONG person that gets shot by an untrained, panicked shooter is a too often a family member.

Last time I visited the basement floor in BigC, the electronic shop in the end, they had a pretty decent wireless burglar alarm system that you can build with exact what you need for you house.

Be careful with the "Chuango"-Systems. I have bought one ( http://www.ecvv.com/product/1183245.html ) and from the beginning it armed and unarmed itself without touch a remote or trigger a sensor. I complained at "Amorn" (thats the vendor there), got a new one which had the same problem, so I complained again and again without any result.

After that I contacted the manufacturer in Hong Kong who sent me a modified MCU (microprocessor), which I had to replace by myself - now it works fine.

The next problem is the 12V-powersupply with battery.

It´s an external adaptor with very, very small batteries inside for supply the control unit in case of the electricity is cut.

The batteries are to small for the system and a burglar only has to unplug the cable of the adapter for stop the alarm.

I modified the complete system with a larger battery, which needed a more powerfull adaptor, a case where now everything is installed etc.

It´s my former profession and now a hobby .......

For a good system you will have to pay about THB 30,000.- up, what belongs to what you need and want :)

Bagsida

I got a alarm fitted and a CCTV outside that I can view over the internet.

Phuket Safe Stop were the team who sold us the package and installed it, and we were very pleased with the service from them. Would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for security for the house or business.

• 5 weeks later...

I was burgled in early September, the burglar(s) came over our back garden wall ( which had an opening, but is now enclosed ) and entered thru' a back bedroom window after cutting thru' the metal window grill (using BIG wire-cutters which my nearest and dearest conveniently left outside our back window). B)

Anyway it was about 8:45pm, we had just arrived at the front gate with my full beam headlamps illuminating the gate and doors of the house, my wife opened the gate and doors and noticed that a light was on in our bedroom, she asked if I had left the light on, "no" I said, realising it was trouble.

We went in to find the house burgled, with 2x laptops lying on the bed along with my DSLR, HTC phone / I-pod / I-Touch as well as some other stuff, they got away with 2x copy watches a pair of my wife's gold earrings and nothing else, we disturbed them just in time, before they had the chance to take the rest, they must have legged it out the back window as we arrived, my dog a Chinese Shar Pei must have wandered around with them :lol:

We called the police ( who, to give them their due, arrived in goodly numbers and very quickly), but to no avail, in talking with them, he asked my wife why our windows weren't electrified, she asked if she could do that and he replied affirmatively, saying we could hook the grills up to 240v, my wife asked him what would she do if she came home and found some-one in our ( enclosed ) back area dead from electrocution, he said " put him in the boot of your car and dump him in a field"...... NO JOKE !

The next day I went out bought a 200kg safe which is mounted inside and under our kitchen units, we've alarmed all doors and windows so that we get early warning if anyone enters, I'm about to install some laser beam alarms in the garden approaches, ( we have high walls so no dog or cat probs), we have warning dog signs and electricification signs up.

The irony is that if they had more time and they had looked under our mattress and at the side of our headboard, they would have found my wife's ( mine ) S&W 686 and my wife's ( mine) Remington 12 gauge, that was a lucky break all round for us, we now have her mother staying with us in a little granny flat, she looks after the place if I go out in the daytime ( to pick my wife up from work), and at night time if we're shopping.

So if someone gets past the laser beams, the electrified grills and the alarms on wndows and doors, you can bet he's getting his ass peppered with slugs, B)

BTW, if anyone wants to know how to set up a really good and cheap laser beam alarm system, check out a guy called Kipkay's videos on Youtube.