Getting Septic Tank Pumped

lannarebirth

Sometime after rainy season ends I need to get one of my septic tanks pumped. I can here it gurgling and years of yeast and microorganisms have worked till now, but I think it's about full. I read in the Patttaya forum that that service costs somewhere between 400 and 800 baht. My wife says it costs 5,000 baht (or so she heard). Anyone know the true facts and know of an honest capable company to do the job?t. I'm near the Night Safari if that matters. TIA

the one time i got scammed in all my years living in thailand was over this! They came round to the house i was renting in a project and told me it needed emptying. As i recall they wanted about 10,000 baht. Despite my hangover, i had a little bit of brain cells in reserve, and gave them 5000, ie half of it, saying that i had no more cash, needed to go to the atm, so they could come back tomorrow to collect the rest of it.

Immediately they left, the owners opposite came over and effectively told me i was being scammed. Nice of them to wait until after the event!

Anyhow, as predicted, they never came back or anywhere near us again. So my guess it would be less than one thousand baht, depending on where they actually have to dispose of it. Because they must have spent about half an hour max in emptying the thing. I bet they were sorted for their whisky for several weeks after that...

I have heard that the city has a special service where they come and suck out your septic tank for 750 baht...

Most of the private companies seem to be ripoffs.. I have had 2 neighbors who had their bathroom windows 'loosened' for later entry, after using them :ph34r:

15 years ago, I remember some police warnings about the septic companies ripping people off through theft and high prices. :huh:

Edited by LJW
  • Like 1

Hi lannarebirth,

Watch out for the men with the ever growing measuring stick at 200 Baht a notch. I am ashamed to admit that I was ripped off to he tune of 5000 Baht for them emptying a tank that did not need to be emptied. As usual I found out after the event that the local council will do this for the original figure that you quoted from the Pattaya forum. Even though I am at the other end of the Country I guess that this will also apply in your area.

Good luck,

Cheers, Rick

I'm clear out in Doi Saket and we pay only 1,000 baht. This wont do you any good but it will give you an idea of an honest price.

Thanks everyone for the responses so far. I reported what I read to my wife who says "maybe the city operates the service but they will never come, they'll send someone else, maybe". So, like pest sprayers we see it's an area the cheaters play in. I'd really be interested to hear from more people who have actually had the service done. Thanks.

We have two tanks emptied every year. The lager of the two costs B500 and the smaller one costs B350. We are in Hang Dong.

My next door neighbour just had theirs emptied this morning .....600 baht Not far from Rincome junction.

Can either of you kind respondants provide me with a phone number?

We have two tanks emptied every year. The lager of the two costs B500 and the smaller one costs B350. We are in Hang Dong.

My next door neighbour just had theirs emptied this morning .....600 baht Not far from Rincome junction.

Can either of you kind respondants provide me with a phone number?

Sure. The Hang Dong firm's numbers are: 053 426585 & 081 9600391 but be warned, they don't speak English.