China Here I Come!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I had all my money stolen at the airport.

Kuwait Dinar, South African Rand, Fiji Dollars,Scottish, American, Vietnam, notes from fourteen different countries.

Probably worth less than fifty quid but the sentimental value was enough to make me pretty pissed off, mainly with myself for being stupid enough to put the roll of notes in the left belt pocket of my backpack with an old Nokia mobile phone I was going to repair and give to the next poor person who I liked.

Been working like a Japanese POW - but a happy one.

Yesterday I leaped over a game counter to help some lads do some lifting and knocked myself out on the solid brass bell hanging from the roof of the tent.

I have a nasty lump with a cut on it and once the concern was over everyone had a pretty good laugh about it as it made a big 'dong' sound seconds before I landed on a pile of Snoopy soft toys.

Today I overslept by an hour and as a penalty I finish at midnight instead of 7pm with a handful of other unlucky ones.

I'm on a 1 hour break so I better go get something to eat and wash the salt, dirt, oil, sweat, blood and dust off my body before I go back. :o

Sympathy welcome.

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

A load of usare off to see Manchester United play tomorrow after work!

It will be my first ever football match, I just hope I have time to have a shower and change.

Earlier I was in the canteen with this Aussie called Gordon who told me this joke he thought was really funny.

How do you stop an Englishman from stealing your Man United ticket?

Hide it under the soap.

If anyone knows any jokes I could throw back at an Aussie then please PM them to me. :o

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

A load of usare off to see Manchester United play tomorrow after work!

It will be my first ever football match, I just hope I have time to have a shower and change.

Earlier I was in the canteen with this Aussie called Gordon who told me this joke he thought was really funny.

How do you stop an Englishman from stealing your Man United ticket?

Hide it under the soap.

If anyone knows any jokes I could throw back at an Aussie then please PM them to me. :D

there is a truck load of aussie jokes here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25308

If you happen to come across any kiwi ones...just change the names. :o

Yes, I had all my money stolen at the airport.

Kuwait Dinar, South African Rand, Fiji Dollars,Scottish, American, Vietnam, notes from fourteen different countries.

Probably worth less than fifty quid but the sentimental value was enough to make me pretty pissed off, mainly with myself for being stupid enough to put the roll of notes in the left belt pocket of my backpack with an old Nokia mobile phone I was going to repair and give to the next poor person who I liked.

Been working like a Japanese POW - but a happy one.

Yesterday I leaped over a game counter to help some lads do some lifting and knocked myself out on the solid brass bell hanging from the roof of the tent.

I have a nasty lump with a cut on it and once the concern was over everyone had a pretty good laugh about it as it made a big 'dong' sound seconds before I landed on a pile of Snoopy soft toys.

Today I overslept by an hour and as a penalty I finish at midnight instead of 7pm with a handful of other unlucky ones.

I'm on a 1 hour break so I better go get something to eat and wash the salt, dirt, oil, sweat, blood and dust off my body before I go back. :D

Sympathy welcome.

always a story scamp :D , good luck with it all mate.... :D

"Today I overslept by an hour and as a penalty I finish at midnight instead of 7pm with a handful of other unlucky ones."

Sounds like China :o

If you ring the bell in Bangkok Scamp, you have to buy for the bar :o

I doubt that is the case if you are passed out and spread eagled on the wrong side of it. :D

As a bar manager in a developing country, I beg to differ.

If you are on a tab, i probably already have your Credit card.

Lacking plastic, you´d be passed out, so I could and would take exactly the required amount out of your wallet and proceed to serve the folk their drinks. Failing the correct amount of cash, I´d take your mobile phone/car keys/motorcycle keys, or anything of substantial value as a deposit until you wake up and return and pay the bill.

Your Rights?... I´m sorry... Did I not underline developing country in my opening sentence.

As far as I´m concerned you, shouldn´t have passed out in my bar (unless youare a good friend of mine, of course).

Ahhh... but you weren´t actually drinking/passing out in a bar... oops... oh well, the point remains the same, IF you arein a bar.

I lived for over 4 years in China and still return about once every month.

Food is great - of course depend son the region. In actual fact Beijing food is probably the worst but as the Scampy doesn't like foreign food Beijing cuisine which is quite bland may be up his street.

Beijing in Summer is miserable though. very dry heat and sand storms from the Gobi desert.

Nightlife in Beijing is good - imho better than Shanghai  as it is more friendly. Watch out for mongolian chicks though.

I spent two years based out of Shanghai. The place is exploding economically. Once you get there you might find it difficult to leave, as you will no doubt meet many expatriate contacts and one job will lead to another.

I do not really know Beijing, but I can tell you that in Ma Min Lu, Julu Lu and the other expat places in Shanghai a whisky and coke will cost you at least 40 RMB.

If you go native China is still very cheap. But the more upscale social life is quite a bit more expensive than Thailand/Bangkok.

I never got on with the food there in general, but that’s just me.

Ah yes! Good advice in the mongolian chicks from Blake7

Must say Kayo... I was more enamoured with your pink elaphant avatar!  :D

Well miss, here it is again!!! Just.4.U :D:D

:D:D:D

OMG... you two are at in 'ere as well.... get a room..!! :o

totster :D

Hey Khall... These guys keep getting back on topic... Let´s stay on our topic... Did you dream about me when you were in Burma?

I´ve been having these visions of eating pistachios and almonds from china on a boat crossing the andaman as we listen to Mariachi music under a setting sun... Sigh!