Bio Metric Photos For Passport

sunshinegirl

There is a Kodak shop on Thepprasit Road approx. 400 meters from Sukhumvit opposite the Outlet Mall and the weekend market.

I've had my passport photo's made there last year and they were perfect. They know exactly how and what; huge posters with photo-guidelines from several embassies are on hand.

Beware: Probably the background must be grey or creme. Take care that you wear contrasting clothes.

• Like 1

Hi there. I don't think you can get a UK passports, if that's what you are looking for, in Bangkok anymoe, or so I've been told. The passport centres, wherever they are, take their own biometric photos of you and it gets accompanied by a chip in your new passport that tells the machine, in your country, everything about you. These new passports let you enter without queing for hours.

Good luck.

Hi there. I don't think you can get a UK passports, if that's what you are looking for, in Bangkok anymoe, or so I've been told. The passport centres, wherever they are, take their own biometric photos of you and it gets accompanied by a chip in your new passport that tells the machine, in your country, everything about you. These new passports let you enter without queing for hours.

Good luck.

"You must ensure that the passport photographs you provide meet the required standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization"

See here....http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/biometric-passports

Edited by LennyW

Good luck.

That's not correct. You need to supply 2x passport photos with your application which you send to Hong Kong. Any decent photo shop or booth will do them, and will be aware of the requirements.

There is a Kodak shop on Thepprasit Road approx. 400 meters from Sukhumvit opposite the Outlet Mall and the weekend market.

I've had my passport photo's made there last year and they were perfect. They know exactly how and what; huge posters with photo-guidelines from several embassies are on hand.

Beware: Probably the background must be grey or creme. Take care that you wear contrasting clothes.

Thanks for that. Just up the road from me.

Good luck.

I got my new passport from the British Embassy a few weeks ago. I collected it on the last day they were issuing them. It still had to go to Hong Kong to be processed though. All UK passports are now issued in Hong Kong for applicants asound the region.

You do not have to send your passport, only a photocopy, plus the application form, two photographs (may need certifying), a form to authorise payment from your credit card. Send it by DHL.

As soon as they receive it in Hong Kong your current passport is cancelled so you can not travel abroad until your new passport arrives. You then cancel your old passport by cutting the corners off. Then you need to go to Immigration to trnasfer relevant stamps/visa etc.