Urgently Require Transit Visa

I bought ticket from Australia to Macau with transit in Thailand. The ticket I bought is from Sydney to Bangkok (via Thai Airways) and Bangkok to Macau (via Air Asia) which departed from Sydney at 15:25, reached Bangkok at around 21:45 last Sunday. Since the transit time for the next flight to Macau via Air Asia was 9 hours, I did not apply for Thai Visa. But after reaching to Thailand, I came to know that I have to go through the immigration process to reach the counter of Air Asia (as it is point to point, which I did not know earlier). Since I hold Nepalese passport (but currently I am studying in Australia), I could not apply for visa on arrival to Thailand's airport. So I decided to buy another ticket of Air Macau because I found only this flight was the earliest to fly to Macau. I had to pay quite huge amount to get the ticket of Air Macau so I bought one way ticket since I have Air Asia's return ticket with me. Now my itinerary for the return way is from Macau to Bangkok via Air Asia at 14:20 on 27th of September and then from Bangkok to Sydney via Thai Airways at 19:15 on the same day. The transit period is of almost 3 hours. Now since I do not have the visa for Thailand, would it again be a problem if I come from Air Asia to Bangkok and go to Sydney via Thai airways? If so, since I am currently at Macau, how can I apply for a Thai Visa so that I can get the visa within this time frame? I can not afford to buy another ticket again. Please suggest.

IATA database says this:

National Nepal (NP) Residence Macao (SAR China) (MO)/Transit Thailand (TH) Destination Australia (AU) ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW vi_tr.gif

Thailand (TH) in_on_no.gif TWOV (Transit Without Visa): Visa required, except for Transit passengers continuing their

journey to a third country within 12 hours provided not leaving the transit lounge, and holding tickets with confirmed

reservations and other documents for their onward journey.

Warning: - Non-compliance with visa requirements will result in: - refusal and immediate deportation of the passenger; and

- fines for the airline of THB 20,000.-; and - overstay fine for the passenger of THB 500.- per day (but not exceeding in total THB 20,000.-).

Since you will leave the transit area you will need a visa.

II. TRANSIT VISA [Top]

Documents Required:

1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

2. Visa application form completely filled out

3. Two recent photographs of applicant (4×6 cm)

4. Full paid confirmed roundtrip air ticket

5. Evidence of adequate finance 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000Baht per family

6. Visa of a third country in a passport or travel document

7. Letter of invitation stating the application’s participation in sports activities in the Kingdom ( only for the applicant who wish to participate in sports activities )

8. Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional document as deemed necessary

9. Copy required:

- One copy of visa of a third country

- One copy of air ticket

- Two copies of the passport page which his/her photograph is attached

You should apply at a consulate in China, which might be done by mail. Look for a nearby consulate in China here:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/

Thank you for the quick response. How long does it normally take to get the transit visa? I have flight on 27th and so just 3 working days left including today. Would it be possible to get that so early?

II. TRANSIT VISA [Top]

Documents Required:

1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

2. Visa application form completely filled out

3. Two recent photographs of applicant (4×6 cm)

4. Full paid confirmed roundtrip air ticket

5. Evidence of adequate finance 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000Baht per family

6. Visa of a third country in a passport or travel document

7. Letter of invitation stating the application's participation in sports activities in the Kingdom ( only for the applicant who wish to participate in sports activities )

8. Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional document as deemed necessary

9. Copy required:

- One copy of visa of a third country

- One copy of air ticket

- Two copies of the passport page which his/her photograph is attached

You should apply at a consulate in China, which might be done by mail. Look for a nearby consulate in China here:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/

The closest consulate is at Hongkong and I do not have visa to Hongkong, so can not apply in person. I will have to send it through mail. Now if I do not get visa within 27th, I will not even have my passport with me. I am really confused and immensely worried. Any suggestions??

That depends on the consulate, some will issue same day some will issue next day. Given your time frame, you will have to travel to a consulate and apply in person.