If I'M Posting To Hull Anyway

Well thanks to this site I've realised how simple it seems to get a type O Visiting friends visa, However as i'm off to Blighty anyway and would like to get as much out of the trip as i can, What more would i need to apply for a yearly visa?

Last year i went to a Visa company in Bangkok and for 15000 baht they said if I put 2 million baht in a thai bank ac they would get me a yearly visa that could be just stamped and renewed every year, However since then I've heard that the money doesn't have to be in a Thai bank just proof that you have it is enough.

So If this is so which form do I down load and so on ?

Hmm, why don't you get a 1 year multi entry non-O visa from Hull? You have to do a border run every 90 days but it is good for nearly 15 months in the country.

Other options - retirement extension (over 50's) - requires 800k in Thai bank (or equivalent monthly income); married extension requires 400k in the bank (or equivalent monthly income).

The visa company in Bangkok were telling you BS and probably trying to get their hands on your 2m baht!

2 million baht does not qualify you for any visa. They might be talking about setting up a Thai company, but you give little details to know for sure.

Regarding Hull you can just download the forms from their website and all the information is in there.

Are you over 50?

2 million baht does not qualify you for any visa. They might be talking about setting up a Thai company, but you give little details to know for sure.

Regarding Hull you can just download the forms from their website and all the information is in there.

Are you over 50?

No 44! The Chap at the vias place just said " the Thai authorities just want to know you have enough money to look after youreself"

I had and have no intenshion of asking him to do it for me it's just I thought he must have been talking about one of the downloads from hull... Which one?

he never said anything else realy, I suppose not before i signd on the dotted line.

Hmm, why don't you get a 1 year multi entry non-O visa from Hull? You have to do a border run every 90 days but it is good for nearly 15 months in the country.

Other options - retirement extension (over 50's) - requires 800k in Thai bank (or equivalent monthly income); married extension requires 400k in the bank (or equivalent monthly income).

The visa company in Bangkok were telling you BS and probably trying to get their hands on your 2m baht!

I think you may have a point, I feel the non imm O is the way to go, To be honest there is no way that they would get me to put any amount like that in a bank here, It was just a question to find out if it got you a Visa , If it did after that i would have said" well its just as good were it is as it is here",so how much do you want?

Which is what it all boils down to realy .

Which part of the UK are you going to ? ..... you dont necessarily have to go to Hull, there are other consulates.

But only Hull will isue based on visiting friends.

That's a scary thought for people who rely on this type of visa. Are there no alternatives in England?

Which part of the UK are you going to ? ..... you dont necessarily have to go to Hull, there are other consulates.

That's a scary thought for people who rely on this type of visa. Are there no alternatives in England?

No. The only other consulate known to issue is Perth, Australia, which will close next month.

Not sure whether there are more alternatives in England other than Hull and Birmingham that may issue based on visiting friends, there is one in Glasgow which may be more accessable for those in Northern England, but not sure whether they issue based on visiting friends or not,

Do they accept visa applications from nationalities other than UK?

Is it possible to mail the passport from Thailand and get it back with visa inside? I looked at their visa application form and it says "Return postage charge £ 8.00 (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland only)" However I think I have read on Thai Visa that some people have successfully done it whilst they stayed in Thailand.

How is the Thai Embassy in London for a Non-immigrant O visa? Air Asia flies there, which would help to keep costs low.

Yes, they issue to none UK citizens. But you have to be in the UK, although it seams they are sometimes willing to post within the EU.

No, you cannot post your passport from Thailand, it is illegal. And the fact that you are not stamped out of Thailand while you get a visa in your passport is a big red flag.

The embassy in London is fine, but not for a non-O based on visiting friends. Normally consulates are more friendly than an embassy.

Note that Australia is a little bit nearer.