Wow 3 Bb Related

mightyharriss

I have been bitching and moaning about 3bb both on Facebook and on here for a while. A lot of people that game online know that there is a very big problem with the 3bb DNS servers and have had to use open DNS or Google DNS to get any kind of online play.

Now this afternoon, I got a call from somebody there,(quite high up). who asked me the ins and outs the why's and the wherefores... He has listened to my suggestions, and has told me that they are setting up a small group to test connections on both xbox live and for PSN.

I am very pleased about this, however the way I went about getting an answer I am not pleased about... but unfortunately sometimes if you do not scream at the top of your lungs, you will not be heard.

The gentleman is testing DNS on PSN with 3bb tonight, and will be following up with me in the morning.

I will keep you updated

Well done Harriss!! Now can you get onto TOT and see if you can get them to get their finger out jap.gif

Just got a call from said man..... he says that they have allocated new ip's for me. what ever that means... and reckons when I get home tonight that I should be able to access PSN and online gaming through 3bb DNS servers.. we shall see..:ph34r:

Well done Harriss!! Now can you get onto TOT and see if you can get them to get their finger out jap.gif

There's the difference - with TOT something like this is never, ever going to happen. First of all, TOT has never called me back - out of maybe a total of 20 promises to do so over 4 years. Second, they have no clue what they're doing.

3BB today fixed my line after I called to complain, not sure what they did but I now have an actual 12Mbit instead of 10 and no interruptions for over 6 hours.

There's the difference - with TOT something like this is never, ever going to happen. First of all, TOT has never called me back - out of maybe a total of 20 promises to do so over 4 years. Second, they have no clue what they're doing.

3BB today fixed my line after I called to complain, not sure what they did but I now have an actual 12Mbit instead of 10 and no interruptions for over 6 hours.

Tested connection last night and this morning and it is now quick as shit off a fan.

I can connect to the 3BB DNS for the first time in months for gaming and what a difference it makes.

The guy as promised phoned me this morning and explained that there was an ip address conflict from when they changed all there packages.

He said that they are now monitoring the connections to the destination IP's for both x box live and for Playstation Network.

RESULT

Which package do you have with 3BB? I was looking at their packages and was a bit confuse about medium and heavy user...no definition of what that is. All I want is a good steady connection that allows me to game without lag and download a few shows now and then.

Sick to death of TOT. Their advice to me today was change from 6Mb package to 2Mb package and the international speed should increase ???!!!

Which package do you have with 3BB? I was looking at their packages and was a bit confuse about medium and heavy user...no definition of what that is. All I want is a good steady connection that allows me to game without lag and download a few shows now and then.

Sick to death of TOT. Their advice to me today was change from 6Mb package to 2Mb package and the international speed should increase ???!!!

<deleted>....lol

I've got the premiere line. and they have given me a fixed IP now coz of all my complaining :ph34r::whistling: To be honest it's worth it when it works. Otherwise mate you're sharing a line with god knows how many people.

However Tom 3Pt (thai player on Modern Warefare) has the new 20 meg down 4 meg up and says it is fantastic. Each to there own I guess.

When you switch ask them to install their own cabling