Toyota Fortuner

aristan

I am an owner of a Toyota Fortuner 3.0 liter 4x4 from Manila, Philippines.

I noticed that in the Thai-version, there is badge on the front grill that says "intercooler"

Does any one know the part number of this item? Does anyone know here I can get it in Bangkok?

I am visting Bangkok on the first week of August so all your help will be appreciated.

I noticed that in the Thai-version, there is badge on the front grill that says "intercooler"

Does any one know the part number of this item? Does anyone know here I can get it in Bangkok?

I am visting Bangkok on the first week of August so all your help will be appreciated.

i thought toyota were Japanese, normally you can go to the dealship and buy the badge. I had the same thing happen to me, some punk swipped my mercedes badge from my hood. I got it replaced for about 200 bucks. I will also be visiting Bangkok first wek of Aug , a coincedance I guess. best of luck finding your 'intercooler' badge :o

i thought toyota were Japanese, normally you can go to the dealship and buy the badge. I had the same thing happen to me, some punk swipped my mercedes badge from my hood. I got it replaced for about 200 bucks. I will also be visiting Bangkok first wek of Aug , a coincedance I guess. best of luck finding your 'intercooler' badge :o

I would assume the "intercooler" badge comes attached to the grill and you probaby can't order the badge alone as a spare part. However, in the Fortuner accessory catalogue they do have "gold emblems" available including "intercooler" badge in gold color, so I could be wrong. I would guess the gold "intercooler" badge is more readily available at the dealer than the standard badge, which I would assume to be treated as a spare parts which a dealer may not stock and thus you might have to order one to the parts center (through dealer). You might have a good chance of finding the badge (but as non-genuine parts) at auto accessory shops around Suan Luang market and Patumwan police station as well (closest subway station being Samyan or Hualamphong).

Either way if your Fortuner is a diesel version model it probably has a distinctive large air intake for intercooler on the hood, which is a visibly apparent indication the engine under the hood is diesel intercooler turbo. So why need the badge?

Why do you want a badge that tell others that you have got "intercooler"?

Maybe I can get one for my car to say, "2 wheel drive".

Then again, why the need for a 4x4 if you live in Manila?

I would assume the "intercooler" badge comes attached to the grill and you probaby can't order the badge alone as a spare part.  However, in the Fortuner accessory catalogue they do have "gold emblems" available including "intercooler" badge in gold color, so I could be wrong.  I would guess the gold "intercooler" badge is more readily available at the dealer than the standard badge, which I would assume to be treated as a spare parts which a dealer may not stock and thus you might have to order one to the parts center (through dealer).  You might have a good chance of finding the badge (but as non-genuine parts) at auto accessory shops around Suan Luang market and Patumwan police station as well (closest subway station being Samyan or Hualamphong). 

Either way if your Fortuner is a diesel version model it probably has a distinctive large air intake for intercooler on the hood, which is a visibly apparent indication the engine under the hood is diesel intercooler turbo.  So why need the badge?

>> Thanks for the helpful info Nordlys.

Re: the need for badge, just being very anal as there are a lot of fortuners running around the city very similar to mine. Just wanted to make it stand out from the crowd as the Manila-version doesnt have it. :o

Why do you want a badge that tell others that you have got "intercooler"?

Maybe I can get one for my car to say, "2 wheel drive".

Then again, why the need for a 4x4 if you live in Manila?

>> im in the construction industry so there are times wherein the jobsites can get very muddy and difficult to get out of. in addition, there are a lot of beaches a few hours from the city, but some areas can be inaccessible due to poor miantenace of provincial roads. Thusly, the need for a 4x4. :o