Uk Settlement Visa

How long can you not claim public funds for, once your thai wife is over here in the UK?  is it until she gets her UK passport?

If she brings her children over here on a settlement visa, and they need medical care, or my wife has a baby, and needs medical care, and check ups after the pregnancy, i will be responsible for meeting those costs?  and this lasts for about 1-2 years?  that could be quite expensive

if we are planning on having a baby, maybe it would be better to have the baby in thailand, and then come to the uk.  but then i still would be liable for any medical costs once i am in the UK - like baby check ups, baby vaccinations.  but that would be a lot cheaper than having the baby in the uk

ok, have been told, that if we do have a baby in the UK, then the baby will be treated as a british citizen, so will have free care, and the hospital will have a duty of care to treat my wife if she had her baby in the UK.

Public funds

publicfunds.pdf

The child is yours so if it is born in Thailand/UK you are entitled to apply for citizenship either way the child is entitled to a passport, also if your partner is legally living with you in the UK she will receive NHS treatment. I know my wife lost her vision for around a month whilst she was on FLR and she was treated for months and luckily re gained her sight.

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress