I Really Wanna Be A Non-b

hello, i am unsure of being able to provide the necessaries for a non-immigrant b visa to be approved on the basis of prospective work, or business in thailand.

i am wondering about my prospects of a non-immigrant b, or whatever other visa a 'letter of guarantee' would assist me in getting...this letter will be signed by a financial manager of a local company...

i am in london and am further wondering if anyone knows of a sympathic thai agency i may apply to in the uk...i plan to travel in late january...how soon should i begin making applications?

i have dual austalian and irish nationality...is any one of these two more likely to lead to my getting an approval for a non-immigrant b visa?

thanks for your help...edward :o

Edited by insideleft

You may be better going for a non-o on the grounds of visiting friends / family. Your letter should simply guarantee that they will finance your exit from Thailand should you run out of cash.

If you intend looking for work after you arrive in Thailand go for the multi-entry version, it will give you more time to locate suitable employment (up to 15 months with correct timing of visa runs).

You can get a work permit against this visa or convert to a non-B whilst here.

I'm not sure how the UK consulates will react to you being Aussie, I think you should be OK. Give the consulate in Hull a call, they don't bite and have good advice, avoid the embassy in London if you can.

Visas only take a week or so even by post, so you don't need to apply just yet.