Can I Open A Bank Account Here?

harrisonkrs1

Kasikorn.

No visa needed.

Address may be a problem. They may or may not take a hotel; safer to get a local friend's address to use.

Next ...

Nice. thx! where is Kasikorn located in pattaya? any near jomtien beach?

Yes Kasikorn on Jomtien beach road, inner Jomtien, don't remember the soi exactly but closer in than the immigration soi 5.

I opened account at Kasikorn in May in Pattaya, went to the branch in the Central Festival Mall on Beach Rd, 2nd or 3rd floor all the banks are together, all I needed was passport and an address (Hotel will do), 30 day tourist visa was no problem, staff are friendly and very nice..

I have opened savings accounts at Siam Commercial Bank at both locations in Jomtien -- just before Soi Watboon and by Soi 5. That was when I was still here on 30-day visa-exempt entries several years ago.

I had previously (now we're talking about 8 years ago) opened a savings account in Bangkok with the main branch of Siam Commercial Bank.

I have opened savings accounts at Siam Commercial Bank at both locations in Jomtien -- just before Soi Watboon and by Soi 5. That was when I was still here on 30-day visa-exempt entries several years ago.

I had previously (now we're talking about 8 years ago) opened a savings account in Bangkok with the main branch of Siam Commercial Bank.

Times have changed.

SCB now requires a visa or extension with over 90 days remaining, or a Work Permit.

Bangkok Bank now require a letter of residence from Thai Immigration, or a Work Permit.

Kasikorn does not have any these requirements. Easiest bank by far to open an account for a foriegner.

Edited by BB1950

The easiest is Kasikorn Bank on Pattaya Tai next to Tuk Com.

SCB half way down Jomtien Beach Road is tourist friendly.

Avoid Krung Thai Bank, no interest for farang.

I have heard great things about TMB in Pattaya Royal Garden but will it go bust?

Also the yellow bank Ayyuthaya is tourist friendly in some branches.

Forget absolutely Bangkok Bank. There are so many rip-offs going on. Like the Dutch guy who had 1/2 million baht withdrawn on one ATM transaction!!

• Like 1