Government Cancels All Decisions Until "Film" Paternity Scandal Sorts Itself Out

Boater

BANGKOK – Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva announced today the suspension of all major government activities, including post appointments, budget decisions, foreign state visits, prosecution of arrested red shirt leaders, and 3G licensing until the paternity scandal involving actor-singer Rattapoom "Film" Tokongsub reaches a satisfactory conclusion.

“This is not the time for any kind of announcements that might distract the nation’s focus from truly crucial matters,” he said. “Right now we must set aside political differences and unite behind our burning need to know whether Film does the right thing for his baby mama.”

Since the announcement earlier this week that Thai-Swiss actress Rungnapa "Annie" Brook had claimed that Rattapoom was the father of her love child, and subsequent denials by Rattapoom that he and Rungnapa were ever in a serious relationship, the nation has ground to a halt while awaiting further developments in this matter. All Thai media have stopped covering stories unrelated to the couple. The government has declined to officially comment on the case, despite popular pressure on Abhisit to officially take Rungnapa’s side and demand Rattapoom accept responsibility for the baby and offer to marry the poor girl.

Leadership of the opposition Pheu Thai party reportedly remains divided on whether to demand Rattapoom take a paternity test, while New Politics Party leader Somsak Kosaisuuk has denounced Rattapoom’s behavior as “un-Thai.”

source - www.notthenation.com :whistling:

• Like 1

Is this for real???

All government decisions will be suspended until this paternity case gets resolved?

I've lived in the LOS for 10 years and I thought I had seen just about everything that is truly unbelievable.

This tops the list!

:cheesy:

Edited by BB1950

I think its typical of the Thai media to report this in such prejudiced and emotive language:

"...our burning need to know whether Film does the right thing for his baby mama....

...accept responsibility for the baby and offer to marry the poor girl".

Ironically, I suspect that may have been accidental...

No wonder sarcasm and parody stalk the earth! You need only observe the stature of even middle-class Thais on the Skytrain to realise why so much satire passes discreetly over their serene yet oblivious heads

SC