Bank Letter For Oa Extension

And indeed there is no need to make any deposit at Bangkok Bank. Any teller can update your passbook to the current date. I have been told that K-Bank can not do this however so perhaps Bangkok Bank is not the norm. In that case you would use a deposit slip.

And indeed there is no need to make any deposit at Bangkok Bank. Any teller can update your passbook to the current date. I have been told that K-Bank can not do this however so perhaps Bangkok Bank is not the norm. In that case you would use a deposit slip.

If there are no recent movements, i.e. since your last passbook update, nothing will be printed.

To force the printing you will have to perform a (small) cash operation, e.g. a deposit of 100 baht or better still a deposit of 100 baht followed by a withdrawal of 100 baht, so that the balance remains unchanged.

You will not have a problem. The letter is good for a year.

Barry

An embassy income letter is often good for 1 year or the year it is issued in. Don't confuse it with a bank letter confirming your balance, that is only valid for a few days.

The "embassy letter" is not "good" for a year...it is good for getting a 1-year extension of your visa for retirement purposes. Most immigration offices want it to be dated within a week or so of when you submit your extension application (or renewal). Up until a couple years ago, the Jomtien/Pattaya office would allow you to use the same letter for two years (so the letter was "good" for 2 years/extensions) but now they too require a "fresh" letter each year.

For 3 years, copies of my original Embassy letter were acceptable. Then the time period was reduced to 2 years, this year, to my surprise, immigration took the original, which was 2 months old. As the Embassy outreach team doesn't visit here often, I am planning on using this month's letter for January...

The unusual thing is that last extension, I was told the Bank letter wasn't needed... Usually my bank balance is fluid, which has been acceptable. Earlier this year, I split the flow with two Thai banks, so I plan on two bank letters - without the $400,000 Baht deposit.

I usually go with everything they have ever requested and they take about 3/4 of the papers, but not always the same items... Different every time.

The teller has the ability to make an entry regardless of last transaction which will be current balance with current date. But as I stated am not sure all banks can do this.

Kasikorn Bank updated my passbook the same day I got the letter. I went to the bank 3 days prior to Immigration. They simply entered a zero amount deposit with the date and current balance. My letter and passbook then agreed on date and balance, and I had no problem at Immigration.

thanks for the information, i'm in chiang mai. a friend of mine had a problem with immigration a couple of years ago with the bank letter not being "fresh" enough. trouble is, immigration only processes about 40 - 50 oa visas per day and if you don't get in early you're out of luck. i like the idea of going to an atm on monday morning with a balance slip. i can't see why they wouldn't accept that.

yes if u have a thai bank. just wack the book in one of those machines. then show the immergrationn your bank book. or photo copy every page

Just a few clarifications for people who use a fixed deposit account for the 800K baht:

I set up the fixed deposit account 3 years ago at SCB and have never withdrawn or deposited (other than the automatic interest payments to the account made by the bank several times a year).

So there is no sign of recent activity in my passbook when I show it to Immo/Bangkok, and they don't seem to mind.

Besides, since it is a fixed account, I can't simply run to an ATM to do activity. A fixed account passbook up-date won't show any entry since the last interest payment went in (unless I make a deposit).

Also, the letter from the bank confirming the balance has to come from the bank branch where the account is held (in the case of SCB). So I can't just run down to the basement of Immo/CW to the SCB branch there to get the letter.

In the past, it never bothered Immo/Suan Plu that the bank letter was dated the previous working day -- though I haven't tried doing the bank letter the day before when processing at CW.

Again depends which Immigration Office you are using, This year Embassy letter was over 2 months old - (Brit Embassy closed in May!)

My Bangkok Bank letter was a few days old too, some of us live a few miles away from our banks!, plus some banks want a few days to prep it for you.

ATM statements are only good for those with Debit cards etc, my retirement cash is in a fixed account and no card is available.

Bank counter withdrawal, only and it would be in the passbook.

This is in Phitsanulok Immigration, a 450 km round trip so I spend a few days preparing all my paperwork before going!

If you have a savings a/c at BBL you can have a Be1st Visa debit card, and also link your fixed account to the card - you will be able to see the balance at an ATM.. You can also make deposits into your fixed account by transferring from the savings a/c.

ATM slips don't usually show the full account name, so I wouldn't rely on this method. But printing out from Internet banking will give an up-to-date view of an account -maybe that would work.

Just for clarity, I have two Bangkok Bank savings accounts, one a fixed deposit account and the other a savings account. The savings account comes with the BE -1st card and is a joint account.

When Immigration decided that you could not use joint accounts, I opened a fixed deposit account in my name only.

My pension from UK gets paid monthly into my savings account, I do'nt think you can do that with the fixed deposit account.

Sometimes confusing, I just know that one passbook has a blue cover and the other is orange!!.

A side note about the Bangkok Bank fixed deposit account, you can only withdraw funds at your home bank where the account is, I know, I tried it in another province BKK Bank and they would not do it.