Arrest For Pattaya Tour Company Scammer Of Bt 3Million In Airfares

Rimmer

Arrest for Pattaya Tour Company Scammer of Bt 3Million in Airfares

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Tourist Police have arrested the owner of a tour company who offered air tickets in a scam to more than 50 tourists.

Pattaya, 24th September 2010: At approximately 6.00pm Police Major General Adit Ngamjitsuksee (Police Tourism Commander) along with the Pattaya Police Tourism team announced the apprehension of Mrs. Sutheera Yaempheng [57] from Banglamung. The suspect had an arrest warrant issued against her from Pattaya Provincial Court, signed on 26th June 2010 for fraud.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-09-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

ORIGINAL STORY IS HERE

I have used this travel agent on many occassions and fortunately for me, I was not scammed.

However, the article did raise a question in my mind: in these days of e-ticket, all I get is a printout with flight details. Anyone can format a word document to make it look like a valid e-ticket!!! How can a customer tell if an e-ticket is genuine or if the booking has indeed been made?

AS for this travel agent, it is a pity she is dishonest. All the times we have used her, she has been tremendously helpful and all of us are shocked to hear about her scam.

UPDATE

Tour Company owner accused of scamming foreign customers arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police

PATTAYA: -- The Thai owner of a local Tour Company accused of alleged scams involving foreign tourists and ex-pats has been arrested by Pattaya’s Tourist Police. On Friday Evening at the Pattaya Tourist Police Station, Police Major General Adis, the National Commander of the Tourist Police, held a press conference to announce the arrest of Khun Sutirar aged 57, who was arrested by officers in Bangkok after an arrest warrant had been issued for her back in June 2010. A number of her foreign customers were also present and were clearly relieved she had been caught.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2010-09-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I and several others had the same problems with a mr Boon travell,about 6/7 years ago I think it was about 1 million baht he owed in tickets,his wife was taken to the police station (full of tears) and told to release the tickets or go to jail we had the tickets.I don't know if he is still in buisness under a different name or what.