Extension & WP Renewal

Tywais

My 1 year extension and WP expires the end of this month so went in Thursday hoping that not going in on a weekend shoulder day there would be fewer people. I was wrong. :D

Arrived at immigration around 7:50 and the place was already pretty full. They had a stand at the door to pick up a plastic pre-queue number which seems to be limited to around 30 as mine was 24. After the queue machine is turned on an officer calls out the ticket number in order and asks what the purpose was and he punched the button to get a queue number. Mine was 218, first call 200. :(

It was after 11:00 before my number was called but my documents were in good order and only spent about 15 minutes at the first desk and another 15 waiting for the document check officer in the back to sign off. So total of more then 3 1/2 hours. Headed out to City Hall labor department for WP and that took about 30 minutes to fully process it, poo yai signed it, full payment made and completed. No return trip this time to pick the book back up.

Extension document requirements for me:

1. Completed & signed TM7 with photo attached

2. Letter of request to immigration from the university asking for the extension giving my specifics such as position, salary, etc.

3. Letter of certification of the University, both item 2 & 3 signed off by the president.

4. Signed copy of my passport

5. Signed copy of my work permit

6. Payment of 1900.00 Baht

WP documents:

1. Filled & signed by me and the president, WP application form with attached photo

2. Signed copy of my passport

3. Payment of 3000.00 + 100.00 Baht

Notes to the above:

1. Was not required nor asked to submit PND91 and tax receipt to either facility and have not for the last few years

2. Was not required nor asked to submit medical certificate which members in other areas of Thailand have been required to do

Regarding 90 day report:

I went in two weeks ago to give my 90 day report but they stamped it to return on Sept. 30 and also a stamp that my Visa Expires Sept. 30.

I was confused and a bit unhappy about having to queue twice in one day, one for the extension and one for the 90 day considering everything that I had to get done. However, that wasn't necessary as part of the procedure at the first officer was to mark out the Sept 30 date and re-stamp it with the full 90 days based on my report date of two weeks ago.

Very efficient processing, no questions asked of me, no 500 Baht required. Just the sound of papers shuffling and lots of stamps :D

Crikey, having to wait three hours when turning up before 8! Seems to generally work out to 10 mins per number with the extensions so I usually head out if more than a few in front.

Yes, a pain if the reporting doesn't match up. Could be an idea to go a few days late on each report this year to have it sync'd for next year (do they still allow 7 days either side?), or, indeed, do the extension earlier. Easy to do the report as well while one is hanging around.

Thanks for heads-up on early queuing.

Crikey, having to wait three hours when turning up before 8! Seems to generally work out to 10 mins per number with the extensions so I usually head out if more than a few in front.

I believe this is the longest I have ever waited. Last year went in around 7:30 and took about 1.5 hours. I had my Android phone with me so was able to kill some time browsing the Internet. Ah, the good old days when I could go in anytime and be done in 30-40 minutes. :D

Yes, a pain if the reporting doesn't match up. Could be an idea to go a few days late on each report this year to have it sync'd for next year (do they still allow 7 days either side?), or, indeed, do the extension earlier. Easy to do the report as well while one is hanging around.

Doing the extension earlier wouldn't help as the one year is based on the expiration of the current one, which in my case is the contract date. My extension is stamped for the 30th Sept next year. As I mentioned, it ended up I didn't need to fill out and submit a new TM47 as she just updated the stamps on the one I did a couple of weeks before, so no re-queuing though I did have passport copy and TM47 filled out just in case.