Has Thaivisa Been Infected.

moe666

My computer defender just popped up and says you are not safe. Never happened before.Last night when I would go from topic to topic I would get some weird pop up to answer a 30 second quiz I would refuse and then back to forum where I started from and have to try again, I finally got knocked off

Nobody else has reported problems.

What software is popping up?

Does the '30 second quiz' have any relevance to Thailand or Thaivisa.com?

It's possible you have been infected with 'scareware' mostly harmless but pops up with a scary message and instructions to go to a site where you can pay to have the 'problem' removed.

I've seen a couple of these, the pop-up looks a lot like a Windows Defender alert.

A couple of giveaways, Defender won't actually do anything unless you've installed it (it's not automatic) and the pop up has obvious spelling errors.

In the cases I saw Superantispyware dispatched the issue easily :)

Defender won't actually do anything unless you've installed it (it's not automatic)

Not quite right Crossy. ;)

Windows Defender, formerly known as Microsoft AntiSpyware, is a software product from Microsoft to prevent, remove, and quarantine spyware in Microsoft Windows. It is included and enabled by default in Windows Vista and Windows 7, and is available as a free download for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Assuming the OP is not running XP.