Western Food Survey

SausageKing

1/ WHAT KIND OF WESTERN FOOD DO YOU MISS FROM YOUR MOTHER COUNTRY ?

2/ WHAT KIND OF DESSERT DO YOU MISS FROM YOU MOTHER COUNTRY ?

3/ WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD ?

4/ WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU COME FROM ?

5/ DO YOU LIKE WESTERN FOOD OR THAI FOOD THE BEST ? SCORE OUT OF 10 ?

THANK YOU.

Mexican cuisine and beef jerky ( Jack Links, specifically)

I'm not big on desserts.

Hamburgers.

America.

Thai Food 9

Western Food 5

Overall Asian Cuisine 7 (Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.)

Mexican Food 10

Mexican cuisine and beef jerky ( Jack Links, specifically)

I'm not big on desserts.

Hamburgers.

America.

Thai Food 9

Western Food 5

Overall Asian Cuisine 7 (Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.)

Mexican Food 10

thank you very much for taking the time to reply. cheers. Rob.

So many!

Here are some.

Real New York style bagels.

Good California style burritos.

Real chile relleno, also in "wet" burritos

A dry chile relleno burrito pictured --

post-37101-005083100 1285494787_thumb.jp

New York style thick pastrami on rye bread with Kosher pickle

American style Vietnamese pho soup

If you can do a Ben and Jerry's ice cream copy for 100-150 baht a pint you will be very rich, 400 baht a pint for the real stuff in Thailand, forgetaboutit

It's It ice cream sandwiches

post-37101-015780000 1285494219_thumb.gi

Pizza

Tacos

USA

Good food is good food. If it's good, 10 for anything.

Edited by Jingthing

1/ WHAT KIND OF WESTERN FOOD DO YOU MISS FROM YOUR MOTHER COUNTRY ?: abundant & diverse salads (with good dressing....none of this salad cream junk), the variety of vegetable dishes, turkey products

2/ WHAT KIND OF DESSERT DO YOU MISS FROM YOU MOTHER COUNTRY ? rich chocolate cake with frosting from a can :rolleyes:

3/ WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD ? pizza

4/ WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU COME FROM ? US

5/ DO YOU LIKE WESTERN FOOD OR THAI FOOD THE BEST ? SCORE OUT OF 10 ? Western: 7, Thai: 4, "Other:" 7

Brick Lane bagels with salt beef/ UK style Chinese and Indian food/ High quality gastro pub food.

Not a big fan of desserts, but any type of high quality dessert from a good place

Fish n Chips/ Kebabs/ Burgers/ Sandwiches/ Pizza

UK

Thai food is excellent, but it's only one country. Western food encompasses so many different styles and flavours - so I think the questions tricky to answer. Thai food is very high ranking (imo) when put up against any single countrys cuisine so a 8/9 for that. The whole of western cuisine vs thai? western without a doubt.

THANK YOU.

• Like 2

White Castle Hamburgers

Philly cheese steak sandwich

American pepperoni

Low price lunch meat

Turkey

Breakfast gravy

American buiscuits

Pickled bologna

I'm not big on desert.

White castles

Arby's, and Mexican

USA

Western

So many!

Here are some.

Real New York style bagels.

Good California style burritos.

Real chile relleno, also in "wet" burritos

A dry chile relleno burrito pictured --

post-37101-005083100 1285494787_thumb.jp

New York style thick pastrami on rye bread with Kosher pickle

American style Vietnamese pho soup

If you can do a Ben and Jerry's ice cream copy for 100-150 baht a pint you will be very rich, 400 baht a pint for the real stuff in Thailand, forgetaboutit

It's It ice cream sandwiches

post-37101-015780000 1285494219_thumb.gi

Pizza

Tacos

USA

Good food is good food. If it's good, 10 for anything.

thank you for the info and the new york style bageal looks so good and the ice cream we look at sure. cheers. Rob.

Thank you all so very much and we got so great american and British food feed back from you and we are looking for a great american food products to manufacture and we want your ideas to keep coming in. we are also looking at European foods. many thanks. Rob. www.sausageking1.com

Traditional baked turkey with stuffing.

Italian hard salami sandwich on a real hard roll (haven't seen a real hard roll in Thailand).

Honey-baked ham with all the side dishes and gravy

2/ WHAT KIND OF DESSERT DO YOU MISS FROM YOUR MOTHER COUNTRY ?

Quality cheesecake (key word is "quality").

Tiramisu

Real blueberry coffee cake with streusel (if you consider it a "dessert")

My mom's fruit pies

Tacos/burritos/tostadas/gorditas, pizza, falafels, gyros, quality sandwiches (again, key word is "quality")

USA

No real #1 favorite - I like to mix it up regularly.

But aside from my top 3, which I would rate equally (Italian, Mex and Thai), I also like basic American (casseroles, stews, roasts, BBQ, etc.), Cajun, Tex-Mex, African, Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, some Korean, Greek, Polish sausages, Brazilian/Bahian, some MidEast foods....

THANK YOU.

you're welcome

Edited by ChefHeat

1.WHAT KIND OF WESTERN FOOD DO YOU MISS FROM YOUR MOTHER COUNTRY ?

good quality smoked back bacon, real Cumberland sausages, pork pies, scotch eggs, smoked salmon, good varied types of cheese and pate.

mussels in white wine and cream sauce, a good joint of beef and Yorkshire puddings, lamb and well made bread.

all of which can be obtained out here in the LOS, but are either too expensive or not the same as back home.

2. WHAT KIND OF DESSERT DO YOU MISS FROM YOUR MOTHER COUNTRY ?

carrot cake.

3.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD ?

dim sum from my local Chinese restaurant, shish and doner kebabs, m and s sandwiches.

4.WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU COME FROM ?

England U.K.

5.DO YOU LIKE WESTERN FOOD OR THAI FOOD THE BEST ? SCORE OUT OF 10 ?

like another poster has already mentioned, good is good food !

Edited by tigerfish
  • Like 1

Smoked salmon_pacific_wild, perogies, cabbage rolls

Baked Alaska

Mexican, Dim Sum

Great White North

Thai Food 5

Western Food 9

Cold water fish eg Monkfish, Skate wing and especially Smoked Haddock. A good Kedgeree is something I really miss.

Don't have much of a sweet tooth. Although they're not desserts, I do miss Green & Blacks chocolate and Crunchie bars.

Sushi, Dim Sum

UK

Like the others have said, good food is good food. Most cuisines have food I love and food I don't care for.

Cold water fish eg Monkfish, Skate wing and especially Smoked Haddock. A good Kedgeree is something I really miss.

Don't have much of a sweet tooth. Although they're not desserts, I do miss Green & Blacks chocolate and Crunchie bars.

Sushi, Dim Sum

UK

Like the others have said, good food is good food. Most cuisines have food I love and food I don't care for.

thank you for your great food ideas and i will use some of your ideas for our menu. sk

Sushi, Dim Sum

UK

thank you for your great food ideas and i will use some of your ideas for our menu. sk

Happy to help!

If you can get or start making Smoked Haddock let me know I'll definatly put an order in. I hot smoked some cod recently to make a Kedgeree, but it's just not the same as a properly cold smoked bit of haddock in there.

Sushi, Dim Sum

UK

Happy to help!

If you can get or start making Smoked Haddock let me know I'll definatly put an order in. I hot smoked some cod recently to make a Kedgeree, but it's just not the same as a properly cold smoked bit of haddock in there.

for sure i let you know and we do a lot of cold smoking at sausage king and we may smoke some fish products. drop me a quick e.mail and when we do some smoke fish products i will e.mail you. Rob. [email protected]

Just enjoying some of SausageKings delicious Scotch Eggs, American "Jimmy Dean" Breakfast Patties and English Apple Pie. Wow l am full but will have the same tomorrow but will start with his lamb curry and pilaw rice

1 I miss corn dogs(beef), keilbasa, good fatty hamburgersfresh cakes and hot bread And a good cold budweiser!!

2 My favotite deserts are pinapple upsidedown cake, coconut custard pie, bubblegum ice cream!!

3 Favorite fast foods, Taco bell, breakfast burrito at McDonalds, Quarter Pounder, and Beef hot dogs as well as Stromboli's from Pizza Hut!

4 I am from USA

5 My scores on food 1-10.........US food 10 Thai food 6

1 I miss corn dogs(beef), keilbasa, good fatty hamburgersfresh cakes and hot bread And a good cold budweiser!!

2 My favotite deserts are pinapple upsidedown cake, coconut custard pie, bubblegum ice cream!!

3 Favorite fast foods, Taco bell, breakfast burrito at McDonalds, Quarter Pounder, and Beef hot dogs as well as Stromboli's from Pizza Hut!

4 I am from USA

wow a lot of great food in us. Mexican food is very popular in the us right ? i have been taking notes of all the kind people who taken the time to give me feed back for our menu. A lot of great food we will look at at SK Rob.

kippers/pickled onions/rhubarb crumble/yorkshire pudding/fish&chips wih patties and mushy peas

fish & chips4/ WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU COME FROM ?

england.

Thai Food 9

Western Food 4

4 I am from USA

wow a lot of great food in us. Mexican food is very popular in the us right ? i have been taking notes of all the kind people who taken the time to give me feed back for our menu. A lot of great food we will look at at SK Rob.

Burrito's are a great seller as can microwaved. Spanish rice dishes, and my favorite are Japaleno peppers stuffed with sausage and cheese. Breakfast offering as well is breakfast burrito, with sausage egg and cheese in a soft mexican wrap with packets of salsa! I'll be glad to show you how to as far as the peppers and have made tons for visitors at home and at cookouts and they always dissappear fast!

Another popular dish for Americans is Lasagna as well as the carnival corn dogs, sold at every carnival and fair in US ans none available in Thailand same with an all beef hotdog!!

4 I am from USA

Burrito's are a great seller as can microwaved. Spanish rice dishes, and my favorite are Japaleno peppers stuffed with sausage and cheese. Breakfast offering as well is breakfast burrito, with sausage egg and cheese in a soft mexican wrap with packets of salsa! I'll be glad to show you how to as far as the peppers and have made tons for visitors at home and at cookouts and they always dissappear fast!

Another popular dish for Americans is Lasagna as well as the carnival corn dogs, sold at every carnival and fair in US ans none available in Thailand same with an all beef hotdog!!

wow that sounds like my kind of food, do you have any pictures

Two sausage products that have been mentioned by American BM's might prove to be worthwhile commercial ventures here in Thailand:

1) American pepperoni: the pepperoni in Thailand is usually made by TGM and is not similar at all to American pepperoni. It is more like a heavily peppered spanish chorizo. A sample recipe can be found here: spicy pepperoni recipe

2) Mexican chorizo: only Spanish chorizo is sold in Thailand. While it is good, it is a medium-hard sausage, and Mexican chorizo (beef or pork) is a soft sausage. A sample recipe can be found here: mexican chorizo recipes

Just some suggestions that may be a good addition to your current product line.

4 I am from USA

wow that sounds like my kind of food, do you have any pictures

I will start taking some as I cook here and send as suggestions, I cook everyday and do lots of American stuff here!

Two sausage products that have been mentioned by American BM's might prove to be worthwhile commercial ventures here in Thailand:

1) American pepperoni: the pepperoni in Thailand is usually made by TGM and is not similar at all to American pepperoni. It is more like a heavily peppered spanish chorizo. A sample recipe can be found here: spicy pepperoni recipe

2) Mexican chorizo: only Spanish chorizo is sold in Thailand. While it is good, it is a medium-hard sausage, and Mexican chorizo (beef or pork) is a soft sausage. A sample recipe can be found here: mexican chorizo recipes

Not true ...I sell Mexican Chorizo ..... I might be the only one, and I am on a Island , so I guess you have a point ......

The only problem I have is having to explain time and time again that it is different to the Spanish Chorizo..

in the beginning I got lots of phone call's from customers, telling me that there was something wrong and that it crumbled when they fried it

Now i only sell it to people in the know, and the Mexican restaurants on the island ... I don't ofer it in the supper markets on the Island any more.. as it just caused to much confusion for the Europeans...

S.J.C

Edited by SlackJawChef

Not true ...I sell Mexican Chorizo ..... I might be the only one, and I am on a Island , so I guess you have a point ......

The only problem I have is having to explain time and time again that it is different to the Spanish Chorizo..

in the beginning I got lots of phone call's from customers, telling me that there was something wrong and that it crumbled when they fried it

Now i only sell it to people in the know, and the Mexican restaurants on the island ... I don't ofer it in the supper markets on the Island any more.. as it just caused to much confusion for the Europeans...

S.J.C

I to do a Mexican Chorizo , not the Spanish type and sell to restaurants ,, and American customers.....i am thinking of doing Spanish type....for the euro crowd.we have also Jack cheese and pepper jack made locally, what a treat that is...

we have ready made Chile con carny and Texas chili,,,,just heat and eat .

I love Mexican food and plan to add more as i make my own tortillas now and may sell them also and salsa.

Mr Moo

S.J.C

I to do a Mexican Chorizo , not the Spanish type and sell to restaurants ,, and American customers.....i am thinking of doing Spanish type....for the euro crowd.we have also Jack cheese and pepper jack made locally, what a treat that is...

we have ready made Chile con carny and Texas chili,,,,just heat and eat .

I love Mexican food and plan to add more as i make my own tortillas now and may sell them also and salsa.

Mr Moo

I find the Spanish chorizo the most popular in the north Thai and great for pizzas etc and we make this from time to time.

• 1 year later...

i know this is old but...still wanna reply

- baked ziti, sausage patties, pita w/ whatever, real paninis, vietnamese pho, korean tofu soup, sweet potato fries, hash browns (NOT the frozen thing you get at McDonald's), southern style chicken-n-dumplins, a really good cheeseburger, baked mac-n-cheese...basically any baked pasta that isn't lacking with the ingredients or in the cheese dept, pizza that tastes good...but i even crave chain pizza like papa john's ...and that garlic sauce that it comes w/....although most places don't taste as good anymore since they removed the "TRANS FAT" or whatever...it makes everything taste worse...

( I do realize that some of these aren't really "western" but I like the way they're made in America )

-thick milkshakes made with milk + ice cream instead of this ice/milk thing they got going on here...

-banana pudding (which fortunately i can make a really great one laugh.png )

-mexican style fried ice cream (not the thai-tempura style)

-cakes that are richer and heavier than the fluffy light asian style

-yummy soft baked cookies!

-funnel cakes

-peach cobbler

-boston cream pie

-Nathan's (hot dogs..pref corn dogs from what someone mentioned before) Easy to make mini-corn dogs at home but missing that taste of Nathan's..+ all beef hotdog

-Arby's

-some kind of Philly Cheesesteak

-Chicago Deep Dish

-USA

I'm not sure which I like better....I love all kinds of food...

sometimes the quality of thai food in thailand isn't very good....

i also miss the crispy duck salads and beef salads from thai restaurants in the US..i have yet to find one in Thailand that can match up..if anyone knows of any please let me know...

THANK YOU.

1/ I'm from LA and I miss LA style mexican food...also the cheap mom&pop japanese places with a nice nabe and feelin' good after the end of the meal...except for one time when I said that I didn't want no mackerel in my yosenabe and the chef came outta the kitchen and at me with a cleaver...jap maniac...

2/ new york style cheesecake...I got addicted once from a deli in Marina del Ray...

3/ fast tacos and burritos...I'm usually a burger aficionado but gotta have them carnitas tacos wrapped in soft corn tortillas... meatball sandwiches are OK if done properly...

4/ California

5/ given the choices above, what would you choose? a 7-11 hotdog with nice condiments is OK from time to time...

thanks and good luck with your new restaurant...