New Honda Cbr 150I Launch Oct 30Th?

thomo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw some pictures of the new 150 in a bike mag in 7/11, looks very nice indeed!

Does it look like this, or different?

No. It looks like this........

Ok, guess I'll have to make a quick run to 7/11 and see if I can find. Can't tell much of anything from those pics.

Be back in 10.

Edited by Just1Voice

Just saw some pictures of the new 150 in a bike mag in 7/11, looks very nice indeed!

No. It looks like this........

It will be available as 150 and 250, styled along the lines of the vfr1200. But that's all I'm willing to divulge..... have to wait 'till end of October ;)

Honda are planning on releasing 8 new models over the next few months. They'll be showcased from the first week of November, not all of them for the Thai market.

Ok, I had to go to 4 different 7/11's before FINALLY finding ANYTHING about a CBR in any of the bike mags. It showed the pic of a CBR 150, in gold, but the pic was so small it was hard to see any real details. But in trying to look at it close, if THAT's what they're replacing the CBR 150R with, no thanks. Looks more like a VFR, with NO front faring, and actually resembles the Tiger Boxer.

As for LOSHonda, IF you really do have some info, unless you work for Honda and are afraid of releasing "company secrets", thereby losing your job, you might consider being courteous enough, or respectful enough of the rest of us wanting info, to pass along what you have so we can BEGIN to start to make evaluations, and perhaps plans for purchasing.

Honda has till January 1 to come out with something I like, or I'm getting the Ninja 250.

Edited by Just1Voice

if THAT's what they're replacing the CBR 150R with, no thanks. Looks more like a VFR, with NO front faring, and actually resembles the Tiger Boxer.

Looks like our current CBRs would hold their resale value then. :)

Ok, I had to go to 4 different 7/11's before FINALLY finding ANYTHING about a CBR in any of the bike mags. It showed the pic of a CBR 150, in gold, but the pic was so small it was hard to see any real details. But in trying to look at it close, if THAT's what they're replacing the CBR 150R with, no thanks. Looks more like a VFR, with NO front faring, and actually resembles the Tiger Boxer.

As for LOSHonda, IF you really do have some info, unless you work for Honda and are afraid of releasing "company secrets", thereby losing your job, you might consider being courteous enough, or respectful enough of the rest of us wanting info, to pass along what you have so we can BEGIN to start to make evaluations, and perhaps plans for purchasing.

Honda has till January 1 to come out with something I like, or I'm getting the Ninja 250.

Hi,

Giving too much info could possibly cause a few headaches.

The CBR 150i being released is not a naked! The photo's i've uploaded of the new CBR are actually from the filming of a new advertising campaign for the new CBR150i and as I mentioned previously it is styled along the lines of the VFR1200.

Both the new 150i and new 250i will be very similar.

The naked machine you see in the magazine is either a spy shot of the CBR150 in mule form, or it is of the new bike available in Indonesia and India and won't be coming to Thailand any time soon.

The pics posted show front fairings.

I think I have seen the image you saw, and yes that would be a disaster to market that to CBR 150 fans (although there is a market for naked (Boxer) style also)

Best idea is stay cool and just wait untill Oct 30 before jumping to (maybe?) unfounded conclusions...all will be revealed.....fact not fiction. Well I sure as hel_l hope so anyway.

It will be great if as suggested there will be the 250 version available ASAP Id be on one before it hit the showroom floor!!

From what I can determine the Ninja 250 is a big bike with a small engine and suffers because of that, especially 2 up. I have been tempted myself, but each time pull back, because "in my opinion" and for "my use" it doesnt provide me with as good a bike as the CBR 150 does. And there must be many more think like me because how many CBR 150s you see...then see if you ever see a Ninja 250...very rarely and I am in an area with many farangs. Far far more of the kawa 650s

Honda will go forward not back in acceptability.

They have publicly stated that they want lead once more the motorbike market Globaly, so unlikely to produce an unmarkatable or acceptable product.

Im sure Honda did some homework before outlaying the significant cost of tooling for a new bike.

I had the last model 150 they sold in Thailand, and loved it, except for 3 things.

1) Over 110+kph it just didn't feel steady and the wind factor was really bad.

2) Headlight TOTALLY inadequate.

3) Had to change tires because originals just too hard and had a tendency to slide.

After 18 months I had to sell it for personal reasons, but there isn't a day I don't miss it, and things have changed back to the good again, so now I can buy a new one. Surprisingly, my wife wants me to get a 250, even though, at first, she wasn't crazy about me getting the 150, but then came to love it. Her "reasoning" is that next year I plan to do a lot of long distance driving to visit places in Thailand, and a 250 would be a better, more stable bike on the highways, to which I tend to agree.

So, if they come with a 250 model, and it looks like the VFR 1200, no problem. Like I said, I'll give them till January to make me happy, otherwise.....

Happy for you, a scan or mag title would have been helpful

Sorry old bean, I didn't buy it and my mobile scanner is on the blink at the moment. And my Thai isn't quite good enough to know the name, if it helps at all it's the one with three Honda PCX on the front that did a trip to Laos.

Yes it did look like that but was black/white and it also had a front shot too. It was very nice and looked like a mini litre super-sport bike.

I had the last model 150 they sold in Thailand, and loved it, except for 3 things.

1) Over 110+kph it just didn't feel steady and the wind factor was really bad.

2) Headlight TOTALLY inadequate.

3) Had to change tires because originals just too hard and had a tendency to slide.

Im not a big guy and usually sitting on 90 to 100kph (dictated by traffic) but frequently are up to 120kph, occasionally 130 and rarely 140 (speedo, but as Im on oversize tyres i think the speed is likely close to true)

I find just dropping my elbows a little drops me down in height and makes a huge difference in the windage on the helmet etc. I dont find the bike unduly unstable at any of those speeds. Even when with the original stock tyres.

My first CBR I always wondered what people were complaining about with the lights, as they were adequate for night riding.....but my second bike...sure absolutely pathetic!! I try never do any night open road trips now. Although as has been posted here they can be made to work far better.

I changed up to 1 size oversize Pirellis front and back and the bike was far better. The revs dropped approx 500 at 100KPH (speedo) due to the greater diameter and I find nicer to live with, although of course losing some acceleration. 2 up I think would need a gearing change.

I had 33,000km from the original IRCs (down to wear strip.... not the canvas Thai style) and I estimate will get approx 15,000 from the Pirellis.. So a significant cost difference if that is a factor for some people.

Month after month I average 1 baht = 1 kilometer city/open road driving mix.

But after 16more sleeps all that will hopefully be in the past!!

Now what colour will I get??

Hi,

The CBR 150i being released is not a naked! The photo's i've uploaded of the new CBR are actually from the filming of a new advertising campaign for the new CBR150i and as I mentioned previously it is styled along the lines of the VFR1200.

The naked machine you see in the magazine is either a spy shot of the CBR150 in mule form, or it is of the new bike available in Indonesia and India and won't be coming to Thailand any time soon.

The pic I saw in the magazine definitely wasn't a spy shot and it was accompanied by an interview with some hi-so looking Honda chap so doubt it was only for Indonesia or India.

Hi,

The pic I saw in the magazine definitely wasn't a spy shot and it was accompanied by an interview with some hi-so looking Honda chap so doubt it was only for Indonesia or India.

I haven't actually seen the magazine or the picture. Does the picture in the magazine look like the picture I posted? The pictures I posted ARE of the new CBR 150i coming at the end of the month.

post-115645-060969500 1286866003_thumb.j

I find the biggest disadvantage to the current cbr is the mirrors and lack of view behind. I got two of the little convex mirrors that stick onto them which helps what you can see, but everything is obviously half the size.

170135_6a319517.jpg

This obviously isn't an issue for local drivers as the primary function of fold-in aerodynamic aids seems to work well.

good gimmick, and presumably cheap to produce an attachment that would go on any helmet, kind of like a miners lamp.

I think there's a bit more to it than just a "cheap gimmick". And no, it WON'T on on to any helmet like a "miner's lamp", as it's built INSIDE the helmet. You might try actually WATCHING the video,oh, and PAY ATTENTION to it, before you comment.

:whistling:

Edited by Just1Voice

Actually it was a comment about producing a new product, not the one in the video.

Something like this that hooks on over a helmet.

Petzl-MYO-5-Head-Torch.jpg

But with a small mirror on little arms coming to the side.

Sorry for your misunderstanding.

Edited by thomo

Actually it was a comment about producing a new product, not the one in the video.

Something like this that hooks on over a helmet.

Petzl-MYO-5-Head-Torch.jpg

But with a small mirror on little arms coming to the side.

Sorry for your misunderstanding.

Oh, ok, no problem. My apologies.

:jap:

Okay, some official pictures.

Went out and found and bought the magazine, not easy to find btw, not exactly a massive publication.

med_gallery_30440_1319_90112.jpg

note the underseat exhaust?

Front looks like a ninja650 to my eyes.

med_gallery_30440_1319_347311.jpg

And the Q&A is here if anyone is a fluent reader.

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/1286840415/med_gallery_30440_1319_226292.jpg

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/1286840415/med_gallery_30440_1319_86393.jpg

Edited by thomo