Arguing For The Sake Of Arguing

IanForbes

Red shirts

Yellow knickers

And what's wrong with red knickers?

Girls wearing red knickers are more sympathetic to the poor. What is good enough for Thaksin is good enough for me. The ones with yellow knickers, only the elite are allowed in there.

So what`s your problem with the poor, wanna make sommink of it?

Yeah, I do! you get all those girls with red knickers to come round here and I'll give 'em what for! That'll teach you :P

Anyway, you're just arguing for the sake of it! ;)

geezzzzzz

i know the girls out here are into their creams big time, but ive never seen a face pack like that before.

or is it just that you had a large amount of bodily fluids that you hadnt relieved yourself of for quite sometime Ian ? laugh.gif

funny color though ! blink.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yah, I HATE that whitening cream that Thais think is attractive. It looks terrible and sort of like a cadaver.

Kanchanaburi_2.sized.jpg

I know this topic is about disagreement, and I'm sorry, but I agree :)

geezzzzzz

i know the girls out here are into their creams big time, but ive never seen a face pack like that before.

or is it just that you had a large amount of bodily fluids that you hadnt relieved yourself of for quite sometime Ian ? laugh.gif

funny color though ! blink.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yah, I HATE that whitening cream that Thais think is attractive. It looks terrible and sort of like a cadaver.

Kanchanaburi_2.sized.jpg

I know this topic is about disagreement, and I'm sorry, but I agree :)

I will disagree, once I have established what I’m disagreeing about.

And who cares if the kettle is black.

Now you are just being argumentative...oh, wait.. :huh:

But seriously. Can we open up a serious debate here that might be relevant. I would like to examine the relationship between "fairness" and "accuracy".

Are these two qualities assured to walk hand in hand through the forum or indeed life?

can a post be accurate but not fair?

Can a post be fair but not accurate?

What say you?

• Like 1

But seriously. Can we open up a serious debate here that might be relevant. I would like to examine the relationship between "fairness" and "accuracy".

Are these two qualities assured to walk hand in hand through the forum or indeed life?

That would deserve a topic heading all on its own. I believe II could probably think up scenarios that would match the questions. My brother was a great one for spouting off percentages as though they were facts, and he did it in such a determined manner that nobody ever questioned their authenticity. I've borrowed his methods from time to time. :D

What say you?

Edited by IanForbes

That would deserve a topic heading all on its own. I believe II could probably think up scenarios that would match the questions. My brother was a great one for spouting off percentages as though they were facts, and he did it in such a determined manner that nobody ever questioned their authenticity. I've borrowed his methods from time to time. :D

What say you?

I may have stood next to your brother. Ask him if he remembers me.

SC

Of course both the hypotheses above could be true.

A post would be accurate if it stated facts accurately and precisely, but unfair if it did not present the facts that supported the opposite view point.

A post could be fair if it presented both sides in an argument, yet not accurate if it gave only vague and approximate details, or innacurate if it gave incorrect details.

SC

I can make up precise proportions for these, if you want?

I can think of a couple of scenarios in news reported headlines...

A case for being accurate but not fair could be a report...

" Mr J.J. has been charged with having sex with children."

Then, later in court he is proven innocent of all charges because of a false accusation by a vindictive woman. After the initial charges are spread all over the news, the public naturally believes the innocent man is guilty and his private life is in ruin from that time onward. Nobody bothers to read the court's decision later. There are at least 5 cases that I know of personally where that has happened.

A case for being fair, but not accurate could be the news report...

"O. J. Simpson is not guilty of murdering his ex-wife and her lover."

OJ Simpson was not "convicted" of the murder charges, but it is fairly obvious that he did it.