3Bb, A Scam Internet Provider In Thailand

pgnmf2

I'm in Bangna. I signed up for 3bb 8MB(for downloading)service last year costing 2500 THB/month. And I still pay the same price monthly for 8MB service.

Now, I found out that they offer 20MB service with only 2290 THB, and 888THB for 8MB. Safe to say that they have ripped me off for their downgraded service for months.

That' alright cause it's not a main topic this time. But,

What the most annoying matter over 3BB is that connection drops off/on every 2 minutes these days. It means that connection is not established, not only censored sites by the gov,

but also here, thaivisa.com.

Even if a connection is established, it takes a couple of minutes even for Google. I wonder why such scam company is still in operation.

If such problem occurs only for a few mins a day, I would say nothing. But such phenomenon occurs every single minutes. For those whom sign up for 3bb, your connection is stable?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first started off with Maxnet and did not have alot to complain about. Maxnet then changed to 3B nad I have even less to complain about. Regularly hit over 10MB on the download, on the upload side it can vary from 0.75 to 1.025. All in all no complaints and I know the monthly charge is way below THB 2,000 mark. Would have to check with the Missus for the actual billed amount.

ohhh jesus can't you even see that those offers are different, one is indy the other premier?

is it so hard to call 1530 and ask them if it's normal that you are disconnected every two minutes?

the call center is very professional, a bit of snmp and the operator will immediately see the problem and will ask a technician to call you back within minutes, the next day the technician will be knocking at your door for fixing the line.

That's the best service i ever saw for an internet company, i work in the IT field in koh samui and often request visits for customers who have physical trouble on the line.

You must be joking, fellow!

That is a rip-off company.

One of my girlfriends was paying over 800 THB per month for 4M.

She is now paying a little over 400 THB at TOT.

Do you agree that the other company had been ripping her off and would continue to rip off as long as they could, if the company could get away with it?

At least, that was exactly what I said to the manager that the company has been ripping off their unaware customers.

ohhh jesus can't you even see that those offers are different, one is indy the other premier?

is it so hard to call 1530 and ask them if it's normal that you are disconnected every two minutes?

the call center is very professional, a bit of snmp and the operator will immediately see the problem and will ask a technician to call you back within minutes, the next day the technician will be knocking at your door for fixing the line.

That's the best service i ever saw for an internet company, i work in the IT field in koh samui and often request visits for customers who have physical trouble on the line.

Edited by mkawish

you have to be joking.

the call centre helpdesk is no help at all. they don't even know what is MS-DOS or routing. Technician to call you back? NEVER.

I'm very happy with 3bb. But if you have dropped connections you need to have the line checked. I had this and I was screaming at them for the crap service of their network, but they sent an engineer and discovered a bad connection on the junction box outside my house. After replacing the box it has been perfect ever since.

I first started off with Maxnet and did not have alot to complain about. Maxnet then changed to 3B nad I have even less to complain about. Regularly hit over 10MB on the download, on the upload side it can vary from 0.75 to 1.025. All in all no complaints and I know the monthly charge is way below THB 2,000 mark. Would have to check with the Missus for the actual billed amount.

Interested to see this thread.I started a thread last week regarding downlosd speeds for using slingbox. Had only one reply which recommended BB. Currently using Ji-net and during the day and evening I'm lucky to get 500K and slingcatcher seems to need a consistent speed of 800K or more. I spoke to BB an hor ago and am going to see them romorrow.

Anybody out there got experience of slingbox / slingcatcher using BB

I'm very happy with 3bb. But if you have dropped connections you need to have the line checked. I had this and I was screaming at them for the crap service of their network, but they sent an engineer and discovered a bad connection on the junction box outside my house. After replacing the box it has been perfect ever since.

I had a regular dropped connection problem which was resolved when I installed all the current Windows Updates.

you have to be joking.

the call centre helpdesk is no help at all. they don't even know what is MS-DOS or routing. Technician to call you back? NEVER.

next time you have a problem, send me a mail, i'll call them for you and will give them your phone number for call back :)

i called them dozens of time for customer in samui and it's flawless so far.

Interested to see this thread.I started a thread last week regarding downlosd speeds for using slingbox. Had only one reply which recommended BB. Currently using Ji-net and during the day and evening I'm lucky to get 500K and slingcatcher seems to need a consistent speed of 800K or more. I spoke to BB an hor ago and am going to see them romorrow.

I don't have a slingbox, but I am monitoring my connection constantly - you'll get this speed on good days on the normal service, but to get it consistently 24/7 you probably need Premier at 2,500 baht for 5Mbit. It's the only Premier package that 3BB currently offers.

I have 12Mbit and it works by and large, but sometimes it gets pretty slow in the evening / at night, and the VPN goes down to pretty much unusable speeds measured in single figure Kilobytes/second. Going to switch to 8Mbit actually I don't think my phone line is good enough to handle 12, really.

TROLL ALERT

Total nonsense post.

• Like 1

I don't have a slingbox, but I am monitoring my connection constantly - you'll get this speed on good days on the normal service, but to get it consistently 24/7 you probably need Premier at 2,500 baht for 5Mbit. It's the only Premier package that 3BB currently offers.

I have 12Mbit and it works by and large, but sometimes it gets pretty slow in the evening / at night, and the VPN goes down to pretty much unusable speeds measured in single figure Kilobytes/second. Going to switch to 8Mbit actually I don't think my phone line is good enough to handle 12, really.

Thanks for the advice, I'll seethem today

3bb or maxnet all same company and they know very little about customer service or doing right by the customer.

I connected with them few years ago, it took almost a month for a tech to come out to connect the wires.

Then same problem, cutting off every 2 mins. Called 500 times and this is no joke, spent hours on the phone and did not get anywhere.

Eventually just gave up and switched over to another company.

If you do the search there is actually a very large number of complains of this sort all over forums and all about the same company.

PS. I got myself Sophon Fibro-optic cable. 2 months later then dropped their prices, they also dropped mine without even me asking. and because i always pay on time or day early, if i ever have a problem, i always have tech in my house within an hour. Once asked them if that was the policy, was told no, but because you always pay on time, we want to take care you.

Now this kind of service is rare especially in Thailand

3bb or maxnet all same company and they know very little about customer service or doing right by the customer.

QFT!

What does that mean? QFT

LMGTFY http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=define+QFT

Here's my typical evening speed. My VPN is super slow, so I tested BKK - 12Mbit, my line is OK. Then I tested Palo Alto - 5Mbit - pretty nice (but maybe they're now cheating on Palo Alto too, just like they do on San Francisco?). Then I tested some random server in Oregon, and that pretty much looks like what I'm seeing on my VPN:

Mind you that's 3BB's so-called 12 Mbit connection!

970305902.png

Edited by nikster

When I first got here 3 years ago (Chachoengsao), I got the 590B indy package. It was ok for cheap surfing, crap for video streaming and ok for dloading.

Then, when I got my PS3 I wanted to do some online gaming, the 590 indy package wasn't up to the job. That is when you need the premier package, as it gives you a higher priority at the local hub/bus things. So for online gaming, the 1000(ish) premier package helped A LOT. I mean, I still had high pings when connected to or playing against European or Americal servers/gamers, but it wasn't so bad, just had to learn to shoot faster.

Just as a side note, the 3BB technitions that I have had come to my house to help me with dodgy connections in the past have been varied in abilities.

The most recent have been real idiots with what seems like no electrican training whatsoever.

An example:

Dodgy connection, I suggest a cable fault as the router seems fine, he leaves, comes back a few minutes later and takes apart the connection just outside my house. He reconnects it, twisting the wires together. It works, at least till he leaves. I go and buy a chocolate box connection to make a more permanent solution, and voila, I have constant internet.

2 weeks later, guy comes round to say that they are changing the cables throughout my street and specifically to my house as I have a premier connection (taken with a pinch of salt), ok, they fit the new wire, and again just twist the cables together outside my house and within 2 days connection has dropped (they had taken the chocolate box i used to sort out the connection off and thrown it away, I had to go and buy a set of crimps so that they think twice next time...

Though right now, 3 months on, I have a dodgy connection again, 2 mins on, 2 mins off. 1530 currently no help, we will see. I find their customer service completely random, it has been good in the past and also occasionally, very bad also...

I have questions also though...

So like I said, I now have the 2MBit Premier package for around 1100 per month.

However, now the packages have changed and the premier is now 2,500, what package am I on now? Do I still have priority over indy customers? Why hasn't my 2MBit line been upgraded in line with all new customers?

If I change to an 8MB Indy, will I still have a decent priority connection over the 600B 5MB line users? How good is it for online gaming etc.?

Edited by benavenell

I have questions also though...

So like I said, I now have the 2MBit Premier package for around 1100 per month.

However, now the packages have changed and the premier is now 2,500, what package am I on now? Do I still have priority over indy customers? Why hasn't my 2MBit line been upgraded in line with all new customers?

If I change to an 8MB Indy, will I still have a decent priority connection over the 600B 5MB line users? How good is it for online gaming etc.?

Same here, what am I on right now?

I wouldn't call it a total scam since I use a shared version of 3BB at my office but it is certainly purchased or leased from a backbone and not considered a "full isp" in that regard.

If you want actual business support you need to stick with True or TOT there aren't many choices there.

Edited by wintermute

I downgraded to 8Mbit and the line is much more stable now - didn't drop the VPN for 11 hours, so that's much better than before.

It's still an "indy" line though, got rather slow yesterday evening. Then sometime late at night, it speeds up.

I wonder if they do bit torrent shaping, I noticed my torrents are very slow in the evenings for download, then at some point during the night they speed up to normal speed and are done in the morning. Happened a few times now.

Technition just came to have a look at my intermittant problem.

He just twisted the wires together again, and then told me I have been upgraded to premier 3MBit for the same price :coffee1:

Well if you really have Premier 3Mbit for 1100 Baht, I'm jealous. Would love to have that. They only offer 5Mbit officially, and for 2500 baht it's too much. For 1100 I'd get 3Mbit in an instant.

I just got my 5MB connection on Monday installed, and I am positively surprised. Downloads are good, I play online on X-BOX LIVE and I watch streaming TV on Sopcast!

Well done 3BB!!

Premier package for 2500 per month? Or Indy for 590?