Best A D S L Router/Modem

Phil Conners

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big fan of TPLINK products, but they are way overpriced in LOS. In China and HK they are at least 50 percent cheaper. So if anyone is taking a trip to these places, it might be worth it to buy there.

Yes they seem expensive here. I was looking at the tl-wr1043ND on Amazon this morning and they were $60U.S which should make them less than 2,000bht. They are a lot more than that here but almost impossible to find a price on the usual thai sites.

the good news I have rellies coming from Hong Kong next month so will check it out.

Thanks for the info. Must be the 60 per cent import duty.

correction: Has anyone found a combination modem/wireless router better equipped than others to handle a very noisy TOT line?

Well, I am looking exactly for the same. But for use with OpenWrt or Gargoyle custom Firmware.

I am a big fan of TPLINK products, but they are way overpriced in LOS. In China and HK they are at least 50 percent cheaper. So if anyone is taking a trip to these places, it might be worth it to buy there.

Yes they seem expensive here. I was looking at the tl-wr1043ND on Amazon this morning and they were $60U.S which should make them less than 2,000bht. They are a lot more than that here but almost impossible to find a price on the usual thai sites.

the good news I have rellies coming from Hong Kong next month so will check it out.

Thanks for the info. Must be the 60 per cent import duty.

Remember if you buy in China you have to flash the firmware from Chinese to English. Takes only a couple of minutes. But if you buy in HK the firmware is already English.

I have to go to China and HK every month for business, so it's easy for me to pick up stuff there. Not to mention cheaper :)

I bought my TD-W8960N 17 days ago at 2,500 baht from first shop on left side of 3rd (3/11) floor at Fortune (Zonelink Co) and did not bargain - believe you can get for 1 or 2 hundred less. Was first shop I checked and they had many in front case (also other models).

This looks like what I am looking for as well. I am in Chiang Mai. Anyone know of a local source?

David