Cat Food

DD13

Hi everyoneIs it possible, to be able to buy regular meat based tinned cat food ...eg. Whiskas/ Kit e KatThe cat food here seems to be fish only.... and my cats (from the UK) cannot stomach it ...literallyMany thanksDD13

Some of the pet shops in town carry Avocat and Science Diet (and maybe other) imported tinned meat (chicken, liver, beef) cat foods; but there're expensive at around B 60-70 per can.

Thank you "FarangBuddha"...................I will certainly give that product a try

We buy some Thai mushed up fish and the cat loves it

15 baht per can.

There are other well known brands at more than 3x that price.

Hi JimmyTheMook

Thanks for the "info" .........I will give it a try.........maybe the local "fish" product manufacturer has a more palatable ingredient than the big brand names........and as you say certainly cheaper

Try Dog Enjoy (which also has cat food) on 3rd Road between Central and South roads (about 200 meters from Central Road intersection on the left if driving towards South Pattaya Road). Also keep in mind that most of the vet hospitals in town stock food products as well (often imported [quality] brands).

Tesco Lotus own brand have one type which if I remember is a meat and fish mix, I don't buy it for my cats because they only eat the fish ones. Tesco own brand tinned cat food is 30 baht a tin with specials occasionally at 28 baht.

Another option is to buy the ground up chicken at Foodland and simply boil it up for them and keep it in a box in the fridge, I have one cat that will only eat that with a few cat biscuits sprinkled on top, word of warning it seems to get old quite quickly once cooked and then they wont eat it, so cook up just enough for about 3 or 4 days.

We have other cats that will only eat mixed cat food with rice, maybe they would like that if you were to try it for them as well .

Tesco Lotus own brand have one type which if I remember is a meat and fish mix, I don't buy it for my cats because they only eat the fish ones. Tesco own brand tinned cat food is 30 baht a tin with specials occasionally at 28 baht.

Another option is to buy the ground up chicken at Foodland and simply boil it up for them and keep it in a box in the fridge, I have one cat that will only eat that with a few cat biscuits sprinkled on top, word of warning it seems to get old quite quickly once cooked and then they wont eat it, so cook up just enough for about 3 or 4 days.

We have other cats that will only eat mixed cat food with rice, maybe they would like that if you were to try it for them as well .

Thank you "Rimmer"

I will be off to Tesco tomorrow to try your suggestion

Many thanks to all

DD13