Bangkok Taxi Driver Returns US$6,500 To Passenger

webfact

If George or another HIGH LEVEL administrator can get in contact with this man. I wil pay his son's school and uniform fee's for next term. George please IM me.

excellent offer. hope you find him and follow through. truly admirable. far and few between are thai like this (the cabbie). or any person for that matter.

Very honorable ThaiRich.

I'm sure not to forget your name.

Such big amount of money... belonging to a burmese man..

There is good chance that this man will be a junta man with such a huge amount of money...

You donot know many burmese people do you. There is a business class in Burma who come to Thailand to buy products for resale, these people have nothing to do with the junta and actually dispise it.

returning from Laos a few years ago and the girlfriend left her purse with passport, ID, and a bit of cash in the taxi. After realizing she had left it in taxi off she goes to police station while she was gone a taxi driver returned the purse with everything in it to hotel we were staying at. The orginal driver was getting off duty and asked another driver to bring to hotel. the guy refused a reward.

Going to Burma Embassy early one morning my phone slipped out of pocket while standing in line waiting on embassy to open a Thai lady said taxi driver want you. The driver had found the phone and brought it to me at embassy, that was when I realized it had slipped from pocket.

Yes, there honest Thais.

I also had help here in Thailand on several occasions.

Once I was at customs for clearance of a shipment of personal items, but the shipment was lost. So a nice Customs Official helped me and said, "for 5,000 baht we can surely find your shipment". And you know what?! They surely found it no sooner after my visit to the nearest ATM.

Another time was at the tax department where it was declared my business owed back taxes on unused barter services. Both my former accountant and government tax officer said, "we can make this situation disappear for half the amount of your owed taxes." And boy did they ever stand by their word! Can you imagine a 50% discount?! And the issue suddenly disappeared with another visit to a conveniently located ATM!

This taxi driver deserves the best for his TRUE honesty of helping others.

I have found that most Thais are honest, hardworking and generous individuals.

Most "bad apples" (at least in Bangkok), seem to congregate in specific areas which are easy to avoid.

I take taxis on a daily basis, and very few times have I met a "bad" taxi driver. I guess I receive in kind of what is given. Polite conversation, laughs and smiles. Sometimes I get the high driver, or otherwise under the influence of mind altering substances. I simply apologize that I can't continue with him as I forgot <item> at origination point. Pay, and as I leave comment that life is better without stress of having big expenses. Nobody seems to mind.

And as shown in this thread, there ARE great individuals in this world, and they all should receive accolades.

I'd be willing to part with an amount I can afford to assist the driver and his son with whatever is deemed proper.