Uk Readers Thai Food Festival

krayner

My friend and I still really want to go but my wife and my friends wife arent having any of it, they are way too scared to go.

We shouldnt let this beat us but my wife wouldnt enjoy it if she went. :o

Edited by daleyboy

My wife was supposed to be going with a couple of friends and she's not too sure now either. It's different for her though as she didn't grow up with the IRA bombing London all the time and she's just totally freaked out by what's going on now. Don't blame her really.

Edited by peterzxr

My friend and I still really want to go but my wife and my friends wife arent having any of it, they are way too scared to go.

We shouldnt let this beat us but my wife wouldnt enjoy it if she went.  :o

ive worked the festival a few times and the food is not that good anyway

We werent going for the food we were going to meet some of the members of TV

Will be there on Sunday.

My first time.Not realy worried about bombs have to die some day!Will be with my son who lives just the other side of the river.He was in central London yesterday as he was two weeks before. He was at job interviews and has just accepted a job with a top central London restaurant so he doesn't seem overly worried about the whole situation and he's only 21.

If there were bombs in LOS I would still go.You cannot stop living just because a few militants cause problems.That is their aim and I for one will not be stopped doing what I want and need to do.

Hope to see some of you there.PM me if you are having a meet up please.

Edited by chaiyapoon

Will be there on Sunday.

My first time.Not realy worried about bombs have to die some day!Will be with my son who lives just the other side of the river.He was in central London yesterday as he was two weeks before. He  was at job interviews and has just accepted a job with a top central London retaurant so he doesn't seem overly worried about the whole situation and he's only 21.

If there were bombs in LOS I would still go.You cannot stop living just because a few militants cause problems.That is their aim and I for one will not be stopped doing what I want and need to do.

I agree that we shouldnt let the militants win, but unfortunately my wife doesnt see it like this and is just too scared to go. :o

I see the Festival as very very low risk.Travel might be very slightly higher.London is a huge city and even if they used a thousand bombs the chance of being there at that time is remote.I'm surprised that buddists would be that worried with their re-incarnation beliefs.I have no Thai wife but the thais I know well would I feel not be stopped from going.

LATE FLASH

Just heard the Police have shot a suspect who ran off when being searched an hour ago!!!

Edited by chaiyapoon

Will be there on Sunday.

My first time.Not realy worried about bombs have to die some day!Will be with my son who lives just the other side of the river.He was in central London yesterday as he was two weeks before. He  was at job interviews and has just accepted a job with a top central London retaurant so he doesn't seem overly worried about the whole situation and he's only 21.

I agree that we shouldnt let the militants win, but unfortunately my wife doesnt see it like this and is just too scared to go. :D

Understandable.

We live & work in London and use the Underground to travel to/from work. In fact my wife has just left for work and will travel on the jubilee line. She is more worried about not being able to turn up for work than getting blown up - or so she says... :o

It will be as safe as houses. Parking might be a bit easier if some people are not keen at going. Personally I find these events boring and expensive unless one is meeting someone who one hasn't seen for a long time.

good point about the ira bombings that london used to be subjected to for many years. I grew up in central london & was working at bishopsgate when the IRA blew that up, I was living near canary wharf when they blew that up & was working at Liverpool street 2 weeks ago when the al queda tried to blow that up too :o, so to me it is quite normal to have these kind of attacks (although still unpleasant) & as another poster has already said, london is quite big & the chances of them targetting London on a Sunday is minimal if not non existant. :D

Battersea Park on Sunday 24th July, doors open around 10ish (???) quite a nice day, thai airways stall, beer chang for 2 quid a pop & lots of thai food, & a few stalls selling thai good, gold etc. They put on a few dancing shows & there is usually a troupe playing traditional thai instraments. not a bad day out & nice for the thai other halves to not feel like they are the only ones around :o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...pic=36619&st=60

check out this recent link which has better info on there

We shouldnt let this beat us but my wife wouldnt enjoy it if she went.  :D

ive worked the festival a few times and the food is not that good anyway

We werent going for the food we were going to meet some of the members of TV

Hope you will still make it! :D !

Leave the wives at home..... :o

good point about the ira bombings that london used to be subjected to for many years. I grew up in central london & was working at bishopsgate when the IRA blew that up, I was living near canary wharf when  they blew that up & was working at Liverpool street 2 weeks ago when the al queda tried to blow that up too :D, so to me it is quite normal to have these kind of attacks (although still unpleasant) & as another poster has already said, london is quite big & the chances of them targetting London on a Sunday is minimal if not non existant. :D

Ohh dear Boo i am staying well away from you :o

First weekend i have had of in ages, so i say would you like me to take you to the festival. LONDON she say`s, Oh! no it`s too dangerous. She has never been to london probably thinks it is the same size as Stoke-on-Trent. How do i convince her otherwise? Looks like a day out at the local for lunch.

Wifie from over the water and me from over the wall but both LONDONERS.....not ITALIANS.......will be there as long as it dont bloody RAIN.......

FKUK....the bombers :o

Mea lai de pow.....

Wifie from over the water and me from over the wall but both LONDONERS.....not ITALIANS.......will be there as long as it dont bloody RAIN.......

FKUK....the bombers :D

Mea lai de pow.....

That's the spirit Rinrada! :D !

Italians never were known for their valour............ :o

Yep...my worse NIGHTMARE :D

...its Pizzing down and the bloody railway and piccadilly line are both on the blink :o however with nightmares as we all know its better just to see them through so we are GOING....bloody rain and ALL :D:D:D:D

E-Town/vicki line/batters......... :D