Man Shot At Stockwell Tube Station

Some comments from the general public taken from the BBC's web-site:-

I'm not quite sure of your point here.

Should we all post a list of what our family, friends, mates down the pub and readers of the Preston Evening News think?

What contribution does it make to the debate between members of Thaivisa?

Contributions from the general public on the BBC's website come from people no better or less informed than TV's members.

TM

Not making any point, I just thought posters might be interested to see opinions from people around the world. You don't like it, skip it.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, ok, sorry...I had gotten an e-mail message from a comrade (also with an anti-racist agenda) of mine who told me that 'the British cops actually executed an innocent black Brazilian guy' and he told me that it was a racist crime. Then I didn't check out the facts on the Internet so I wrote that message of mine in this thread, saying it was a racist execution...sorry about that. I should have verified the stuff before I posted that message here.

However, I firmly believe that some of the posters here are racist indeed.

As I wrote in another thread, I will say that the main problem in the world today is the mix of U.S. imperialism and a sick, perverted, fascist interpretation of Islam (which I think is a myth, just like other religions).

Jem

Well, ok, sorry...I had gotten an e-mail message from a comrade (also with an anti-racist agenda) of mine who told me that 'the British cops actually executed an innocent black Brazilian guy' and he told me that it was a racist crime. Then I didn't check out the facts on the Internet so I wrote that message of mine in this thread, saying it was a racist execution...sorry about that. I should have verified the stuff before I posted that message here.

As I wrote in another thread, I will say that the main problem in the world today is the mix of U.S. imperialism and a sick, perverted, fascist interpretation of Islam (which I think is a myth, just like other religions).

Jem

Its not really racist for them to target Middle Eastern looking people for searches, back when the IRA mainland bombing campain was going on in Britian strangley they did'nt stop many Middle Eastern, Balck, Asian people then :o

Poor innocent young man - does anyone know his name? May he try to rest in peace. He is another victim of terrorism now, in that all of us have become terrorised.

I have nothing more to say right now because I have very strong feelings about all of it. Everything is converging at once and falling on our heads.

Edited by kat

As I wrote in another thread, I will say that the main problem in the world today is the mix of U.S. imperialism and a  just like other religions).

Jem

BLACK...Have a look at his pic????????????????????????????What a load of crap.!As I said before, I have more colour than the poor bugger that was shot.

What do you call black or racist Jem?

Ok imagine this senario.

You are an armed police man on a check point iat the london underground. All of a suden you get a msg over the radio that " a suspected terrosist bomber is heading your way description.... wearing....... You see some one fitting the description, you call for him to stop, he does'nt!! You have a wife and family at home and loads of people around. What do you do?

That's a situation that should not have occured. The point being that they should not have an all of a sudden warning that he was heading into the train station. The bus route he took takes him directly to the train station, as soon as he took that bus then officers should have been warned that were manning the train station so they had more time to make an appropriate response.

Also since it seems to me the people that took him down were not police and more than likely a higher trained organisation of people you would think they would have been able to stop him with more efficiency. If he did have a bomb he would have plenty of time to set it off in a busy train station whilst being chased.

It does seemed like a bungled attempt at security to me.

This is pure conjecture on my part.

A Brazilian would find it difficult to obtain a work permit in order to work as an electrician. However, many Brazilians have a claim to Portuguese nationality, and if that were so with this man, then, as an EU national he could have lawfully worked without prior authorisation. I do, however, believe that an adverse immigration status was perhaps a compelling factor in him running from the police.

Scouse.

De Menezes had a legit work permit to work as an Electrician in the UK ? - I think that must be a reason to scarper from the long arm of the law. He'd be deported.

I did read some where he was working legally for 3 yrs in the UK, but that may have just come from the family of the victim so is not confirmed.

This is pure conjecture on my part.

A Brazilian would find it difficult to obtain a work permit in order to work as an electrician. However, many Brazilians have a claim to Portuguese nationality, and if that were so with this man, then, as an EU national he could have lawfully worked without prior authorisation. I do, however, believe that an adverse immigration status was perhaps a compelling factor in him running from the police.

Scouse.

It may also explain why eye-witnesses described him as looking panic-stricken. The poor s** may have thought that he was about to be busted for visa irregularities - probably had no idea he was under suspicion of being involved in something much worse. Terribly ironic, really. Was it my imagination, or did I hear in an early report that someone had seen wires under his jacket? Perhaps not particularly unusual for an electrician, though I've seen no mention of it since.

Lets hope his relatives will sue the Britisch government for hundreds of millions if not billions of pounds. That might make them think twice the next time ... A typical case of overreacting with desastrous results. I am surprised it is the British this time, from the yanks I expect this kind of irresponsible behaviour, I always thought the Britsish were a bit more intelligent.

Edited by Sangsom

Lets hope his relatives will sue the Britisch gorvernment for hundreds of millions if not billions of pounds. That might make them think twice the next time ... A typical case of overreacting with desastrous results. I am suprised it is the British this time, from the yanks I expect this kind of irresponsible behaviour, I always though the Britsish were a bit more intelligent.

Unlikely - there are cap amounts for lawsuits. Won't get much from the UK I'm afraid. If it were in Yankland no doubt there would be millions paid out. However the poor sod could be up for the Darwin Awards this year. :o

Edited by britmaveric

I just took a second out from anaylysing this and just had a thought for the guy.

Poor sod, over here working, gets caught up in something that made him run that day from the 'police', maybe soimething simple like a visa problem, got caught, was expecting the handcuffs to go on, then a gun appeared................

Tragic. :o

Lets hope his relatives will sue the Britisch government for hundreds of millions if not billions of pounds. That might make them think twice the next time ... A typical case of overreacting with desastrous results. I am surprised it is the British this time, from the yanks I expect this kind of irresponsible behaviour, I always thought the Britsish were a bit more intelligent.

It is highly unlikely that they will receive anything like that in compensation. You think this is irresponsible and over-reacting? Unbelievable. I suppose you'd be happy for the police to allow people to continue to bomb the underground? The day after an attack on the London underground and a suspicious looking bloke runs from the police when challenged, refusing to allow them to search him, and bolts into the station of all places and attempts to board a train. Of course the attitude is to prevent him at all costs. If you act like a terrorist, you will be treated like one, and that means you will be shot. I feel sympathy for the poor bloke because it turns out he was innocent, but his response was the height of stupidity in the current circumstances, and you can only blame his reaction for the eventual outcome. The police did their job as we would all hope they continue to do, and maybe people can now travel on the underground safe in the knowledge that there are people prepared to protect them. Anyone acting in an appropriate manner is at no risk from the security measures in place.

What would you do if a policeman wearing a flak jacket asked you to stop....maybe bound over Big Ben?

Grow up mate.Perhaps you can tell the people that were killed by the terrorists should think twice? :o

Foxy said:

Why was this man in a house which was thought to have links to terrorists?

Why for someone who spoke good English(according to his cousin) did he not stop?

1) It wasn't a house, it was a flock of bats under obs.

2) Stupidity.

Good post Foxy, thanks for reading the news instead of asking loads of dumbarse questions. :o

What if a loved one of yours was in the place of the Brazilian guy ? Would you write/think the same way as you do now, you heartless bunch (I mean only the posters who have applauded the action of the police in this incident) ?

If it is true that the poor guy had been followed from the point he left his house and then he got on a bus (and later reaching somewhere near the tube station), that is BIG-TIME INCOMPETENCE by the police...if they REALLY thought he could be a suicide bomber, why was he allowed to get on a bus ?

Jem

Edited by JemJem

What if a loved one of yours was in the place of the Brazilian guy ? Would you write/think the same way as you do now, you heartless bunch (I mean only the posters who have applauded the action of the police in this incident) ?

If it is true that the poor guy had been followed from the point he left his house and then he got on a bus (and later reaching somewhere near the tube station), that is BIG-TIME INCOMPETENCE by the police...if they thought he could be a suicide bomber, why was he allowed to get on a bus ?

Jem

And what would happen if he killed your family Jamjam???

They chased him,kow jai mai????????????

Sad as it is, he was asked to stop and he bolted.What would you do Einstein? :o

I just took a second out from anaylysing this and just had a thought for the guy.

Poor sod, over here working, gets caught up in something that made him run that day from the 'police', maybe soimething simple like a visa problem,  got caught, was expecting the handcuffs to go on, then a gun appeared................

Tragic. :D

That was exactly my thought upon first reading this news story..... what if he is innocent? I feel sick! :o

It seems like the pathetic racist/pro-Bush/right-wing camp are now trying to justify this execution.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this....so I will. Hasn't it occurred to anyone that this execution is due to the inhumane thing called 'racial profiling'. The guy executed was not a 'white' person. Do you think a 'white Brazilian' (or any 'white guy') would have been executed this way ?!

Think !

Racist cops !

Jem

Once a tit always a tit....... :o

It seems like the pathetic racist/pro-Bush/right-wing camp are now trying to justify this execution.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this....so I will. Hasn't it occurred to anyone that this execution is due to the inhumane thing called 'racial profiling'. The guy executed was not a 'white' person. Do you think a 'white Brazilian' (or any 'white guy') would have been executed this way ?!

Think !

Racist cops !

Jem

Once a tit always a tit....... :D

Big tit Chon? :o

Think !

Racist cops !

Jem

Once a tit always a tit....... :D

Big tit Chon? :o

Big yet strangely repetitive and lacking in substance , my least favourite type of Mammary gland , Udon.

:D