Singers With Emotion In Their Voice.

IanForbes

I watched a good old movie tonight... "The Border" with Jack Nicholson acting as a border patrol policeman, somewhere in Texas along the Mexican-American border. Ry Cooder did part of the sound bite including the final song "Across the Borderline" that I enjoyed very much.

Sorry, I meant this to go into the Bedlam forum. But, to keep this appropriate to Thaivisa Chiang Mai I"ll mention that there are many Thai singers and groups that perform western music very well. I love the Guitarman and Took's band near Riverside. I'm blown away by the quality and variety of performers in Chiang Mai. For the price of a few beer a person can sit a short distance from wonderful performers and spend a lovely evening. Sitting on an open terrace along the Ping River and listen to live performers seranading you is something we would pay dearly for in North America. Considering that tickets usually run over $100 a seat for live performances in theaters it's amazing what you can get for so little in Thailand.

Edited by IanForbes

My wife is a good singer as her voice is very strong after i have had a few beers/whisky at home even though the sings (shouts) the song in Thai which l do not understand. I will not go to a bar/restaurant that is playing loud Thai music as it gives me a headache before the beer/whisky takes effect

Does anyone know if Took is back in town and performing again? I heard that he was MIA in Europe or somewhere for more than 2 months and not even his family had heard from him. The last 2 times I went to the Brasserie other bands were performing - one time it was Chai and Boy and that was was great.

Well said Ian,

We all tend to bitch too much and stop focusing on the joyous and amazing things that brought us here.

Every now and then i have to give myself a mental adjustment and start tuning in much more on the abundant positives .

It certainly makes for a happier day !

marcgee (Canada)

Well said Ian,

We all tend to bitch too much and stop focusing on the joyous and amazing things that brought us here.

Every now and then i have to give myself a mental adjustment and start tuning in much more on the abundant positives .

It certainly makes for a happier day !

marcgee (Canada)

i once went to a MOOKATA dinner in bangkok . i think is 129baht all you can eat . and there got a Karaoke stage set up .

while you more or less suiffer from . out of tune singer and happy goer .

-

Finally - after about 1 hour of joy singer . the bad music stop .. and some good stuff came up ..

at first i was thinking the Boss finally turn off the karaoke section and play some CD music you got . and i care less. since is better music .

half way into the nice music i need to take a Leak and the toilet is near the stage .

to my AWE amazing Thailand . this guys that look like a WA army soldier ( hilltribe look ) is singing .

guess what he is singing .

AKON -Dangerous ( look up that song . )

he was right on the beat and if i did not go to the toilet i swear it was from the CD .

- before i leave i went over to ask for his Phone number . -

i know one day if i set up some event companty he is the perfect Guy to shock the wolly out of my guest and seriously impress everyone .

- anyone wanna start an event company ? whahahahhahahaha seriously

the only singer with emotion in their voice i would said .

Leonard Cohen , james brown , Check out " Cassie YOU $ ME "

Edited by Ta22

to my AWE amazing Thailand . this guys that look like a WA army soldier ( hilltribe look ) is singing .

guess what he is singing .

AKON -Dangerous ( look up that song . )

he was right on the beat and if i did not go to the toilet i swear it was from the CD .

Great story, Ta22. There is some amazing talent in every community in just about every country. My second ex-wife was Portugese and she had a world class voice, but never had the chance to promote it. She was too busy raising a couple of kids at too young an age, along with looking after a useless husband. She was a beauty, and had she met the right promoter at the right time she could have been famous.

I've seen the same thing in counry fairs where they have singing. Some voices just blow you away.