Fully Electric Songthaews to be Trialled in Pattaya

webfact

7 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Only a first class fool would buy a EV......Especially a pick up EV.....

Millions in the west are ditching EVs..

I feel the same way about people buying ICEV.    Or people still buying electric from utility companies.

Oh well  ...  give your money away or spend it on yourself .. UP2U

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

About time ... a very 'slow' work in progress.

Lot's of Thais waiting for E-trucks to hit the market here for purchase.  Will be a major game changer when all ready to replace or upgrade their next truck.

Toyota, always a bit behind the times, as Isuzu maybe, hopefully already in production and will be selling BEV trucks, at the next Bangkok auto show.

image.png.e26fc6d2e66e90a521400dc496ba7e6e.png

OMG!  First prize in the ugly truck competition!

• Confused 2

Sounds like a good idea given the clouds of black smoke most of those old diesel trucks belch out. I had a Grab or Bolt taxi a while back which was an MG EV, and the driver was very happy with it. Driving around a crowded city, the limited range wasn't such an issue as it is if you want to travel cross-country. If these EV songtaews will reduce air pollution, then I'm in favour. Of course, you'll still have the same psychos driving them, but sorting that out is another mission altogether, lol.

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

OMG!  First prize in the ugly truck competition!

Looks better than most, though could do with less black, though guess it adds contrast to the front, which not really a fan of.

Actually the Toyota looks more practical, 2 door and longer bed.   The Isuzu is a SUV with a bed for what ... grocery shopping.   Something I hate about most trucks, the beds are so small.  Just buy an SUV.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya City in Thailand has received 12 fully electric Hilux Revo-e pickup buses, commonly known as Songthaews or Baht Buses, from Toyota. The move is part of an initiative to transform Pattaya into a zero-emission city

Silent and deadly....

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

No, it doesn't, but hey, ignorance is bliss ... enjoy it, as we need a chuckle :coffee1:

The single biggest drain on your EV battery, other than actually driving, is climate control. Whether that's keeping you cool in summer or toasty in winter, systems typically require about 3-4kW to run, which equates to seven miles of range per hour to run the air-con and five miles per hour to run heaters.May 18, 2566 BE

Yes Aircon is a huge emery suck on the EVs battries.....

Edited by redwood1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

The single biggest drain on your EV battery, other than actually driving, is climate control. Whether that's keeping you cool in summer or toasty in winter, systems typically require about 3-4kW to run, which equates to seven miles of range per hour to run the air-con and five miles per hour to run heaters.May 18, 2566 BE

That's a bit more accurate, and we have different definitions of 'very fast'

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Did anyone tell the Thais EVs need to be charged often when doing long hours of city driving like the baht buses do....Using the aircon drains the charge very fast..

So if driving in the car, for 3+ hours, I might lose 20 kms range.  So fast.  So I get to only travel 240-260 kms, instead of 280 kms maybe.

I guess turning on the AC in an ICEV, with that extra belt dragging on the engine doesn't burn any extra fuel.   

LET'S ASK MISS GOOGLE ... :cheesy:

image.png.7ccc1f29f7d0e7c741478948a691aa20.png

Would you like to tell me something I don't already know ... :coffee1:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1276247-ev-owners-…-real-life-experience-help-thread/page/6/#comment-18100703

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

Only a first class fool would buy a EV......Especially a pick up EV.....

Millions in the west are ditching EVs..

Only an idiot would not consider an EV for their next car. Better performance, comfort, technology, lower cost of operation, no air borne pollution…

Did anyone tell the Thais EVs need to be charged often when doing long hours of city driving like the baht buses do....Using the aircon drains the charge very fast..

Did anyone tell you that you are clueless about EVs? EVs are more efficient in city driving than ICEVs.

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Don’t know which part of your anatomy you pulled this out off but naturally, the longer you have your climate control on, the more energy you consume. I know from first hand experience that my car uses only about 1 - 2 kWh for my air-con.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

When you talk about the usefulness of electric vehicles, this is the scenario where electrics will shine. The question is will it be any better overall than propane conversions.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

When you talk about the usefulness of electric vehicles, this is the scenario where electrics will shine. The question is will it be any better overall than propane conversions.

Tried & failed in TH.   I think most regret their conversions.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Tried & failed in TH.   I think most regret their conversions.

Really. All the cabs I have taken recently were propane. I cant comment on baht busses of course because I dont ride them. Why didnt propane work.

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

I would not be surprised if these converted ICEVs catch fire. It would back up Toyota’s anti-EV push.

are they converted though ? they come right from toyota so maybe they are new fully electric. 

• Agree 1