Long Queue'S For Krispykreme Doughnuts

theoldgit

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree they are like sticking your tongue into a bag of sugar, disgusting and leaves you feeling sick afterwards.

I tried one the other day and I agree with this, definitely too sweet. Half of one was enough for me.

How long was the queue? Only 100 people in the queue today when I passed them....

Edited by balo

I went past there yesterday at about 3pm, the queue was certainly down but it was still out of the door and a couple of loop outside, but it didn't stretch onto the road, maybe in a couple more weeks I will get to taste one.

Meanwhile, my girlfriend advises me, that the table in Siam Square is still doing a thriving trade though she didn't know the price they were asking.

This thread has been fun and reads well set to Beethoven's "Rage Over a Lost Penny".

Look they have these outlets in London and I never saw one person at their stall. EVER.

Clearly you were not a patron of Harrods when the outlet opened there and mobs abandoned the tins of Beluga to queue for an hour or more for a box of chocolate frosteds. Those were not American accents I heard.

Only Thais have the patience to line up in the queue , I think if they continue like this they will have a serious obesity problem in this country soon!

Possibly, but the next Thai billionaire could be the person who devises a system for trolling the beaches of the Kingdom dropping warm daubs of KK's into the open mouths of sleeping tourists already too fat to queue for anything.

Can someone also say Tim Hortons.

I worshipped there once because my brother absolutely insisted I have the experience. It was okay. He has since moved on to another shrine, the name of which escapes me.

I hate to get in the way of your tirade but the KK fad in America ended long ago and they have been closing tons of stores in the US

I love a tirade. As the survivor of a boyhood in the American South (blast away, but I get the first shot), I was amazed to see the fad sweep Manhattan when Krispy Kreme was a name I had consigned to the lost world (or so I thought until arriving in Thailand) of Fante and Nehi Cola.

For the truly bewildered, KK's are a cloying confection with a half life of about three minutes, though in skilled hands they reheat acceptably in a microwave. Two or three times a year my 80+ mother and I share a small plate with morning coffee and in that context they are sweet indeed. As a way of life they are pretty much indefensible. As fads go, they beat the Tulip Mania. If you are an investor, by the time you read this if you have not already gotten out best to move to a cash position, which will leave you well poised for the coming Nehi Cola craze.

• 2 weeks later...

Thais are robot sometimes they like to follow the crowd, just to be "in trend" lol . I havent tried it yet and wouldn't like it. too

A "robot" would more likely decide they did not like something without ever giving it a go.

Robot.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.

the reason that i wouldnt want to try because, i can not eat cream cheese butter or even drink milk ,and from it name tells me i should avoid ...or the paragon maid has to clean up my vomit and it wouldnt be nice if it happen infront of the shop ,dont u think? :whistling:

lol sorry for too much detail...

I was surprised when I passed there today , only 50-70 people in the queue. :whistling:

So I went downstairs and bought a 6-pack of Daddy Dough instead ,no queue since I was the only customer, anyway I'm sure they all taste the same.

the reason that i wouldnt want to try because, i can not eat cream cheese butter or even drink milk ,and from it name tells me i should avoid ...or the paragon maid has to clean up my vomit and it wouldnt be nice if it happen infront of the shop ,dont u think? :whistling:

lol sorry for too much detail...

Don't worry, these things are strictly synthetic.. In fact the whole product range could have been (and probably was) concocted in a lab.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Krispy Donut sale now under the BTS bridge . I saw at least 30 boxes of donuts and I could buy them for 300 baht each.

So if you want to avoid the long queue that is still there , just walk a few meters outside until you see some old women trying to make a profit. :lol:

The USA has a lot of cult food and it's quite awesome, thus the long lines, white castle burgers, Tommy Burgers are others. It's a long list. I've waited on these lines and well worth it. Long live the US and awesome cult food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its good exercise waiting and waddling forward for your fix.....:whistling:

The queue was a lot shorter on Saturday, when I was there anyway. The queue was still out of the door, but only just, may actually get to try them within a week or two.

I did notice groups of young Thais photographing each other holding their prized bags of Krispy Kremes which seems to confirm comments that it's more about being seen with the latest fad than the doughnuts themselves.

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday I ve seen people selling them on the street across from paragon .no lines . Why?

You can go to KK at closing time and buy all the leftovers.

And if you have a table, since that's all you need to be in business,you can sell them.

Great concept. Right?

Yesterday I ve seen people selling them on the street across from paragon .no lines . Why?

You can go to KK at closing time and buy all the leftovers.

And if you have a table, since that's all you need to be in business,you can sell them.

Great concept. Right?

I recently saw them being sold outside Petchaburi MRT. No table though.

Krispy Krap is more like it (I'm American, btw). ANY mom and pop donut shop in US would put them to shame. Stuff tastes like deep fried taffy shot full of air. Mc Donalds is big, but they aren't good either. Certainly herd thing when it comes to this trendy crap. I could never understand why people go to KFC unless it was to appear hiso. ANY street stall can be them for flavor. And you don't get a big grease ball gut ache later...

A donut is lump of fried batter with sugary icing on it. Much like any American food it is unhealthy, bland and vastly over rated, Now foie gras, red wine and camembert, is another thing entirely.

It is not American food it is (Dutch) another one of the things that came from Euro and we get blamed for, but french fries are American.

19th century, doughnuts were sometimes referred to as one kind of olykoek (a Dutch word literally meaning "oil cake"), a "sweetened cake fried in fat."

I speak Dutch for about 40 years ( yes Im Dutch ) but i never heard anything like olykoek. I know oliebol , appelflap, krentenbol :thumbsup: but not olykoek.

Sounds like it came from Google translate or it is a strange disease. :bah:

Edited by merijn

seems like the line for original style donuts is largely gone....

a co-worker in the office just went around giving free (original style) donuts and said wait is 3 minutes....(for original style line/queue)....

if you wanna pick and choose other styles wait (line/queue) is longer....

to be honest, the original style is good but way too sweet for me...almost like eating pure white sugar....

Edited by Raptor7

I find this amazing.

I dislike doughnuts so much, that I just can't relate at all to someone queuing up (for even 2 minutes) to pay what invariably will be too much for a sugary clump of dough fried to unhealthy imperfection. But each to their own tastes (said the dog licking his bum).

I walked past this place a few days ago and there were two lines, one only had a couple of people in it and the other about 10-15 or so.

The novelty appears to be wearing off pretty quickly, the queue didn't go all the way out of the doors.