Crashed Computer Disk Recovery In Cnx?

Artamus

I've got a WD 1TB external hard disk loaded with data. After a recent long trip it fails to start up and come online to the PC/Laptop. The disk is spinning, but there's some grinding noises within the box. I assume there's a head crash on the disk. Has anyone any experience of where in Chiang Mai there might be someone who can recover the data? [i do have a backup with a mate in the USA, but if I can get a quick recovery locally it would be cheaper and quicker.) Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Grinding noise usually head positioning, not good at all. If the freezer treatment does not work then probably need clean room/box. We have superb gent here on Phuket who has such and does HD internals; don't know of any other in the LOS.

go into panthip plaza on changklan rd. go to the top floor using the escalators on the left hand side. on the top floor there is a store on the right of the escalator converting vcd etc to dvd. the shop next to that may be able to help. i dont remember the name but they helped me out.