Tailor For Shirts

Gunther

I've used a couple of tailors in Bangkok so far but not really that impressed.

The prices have been good but looking for something a bit better.

I am after a more modern, Western style shirt that is fitted and has a slightly smaller collar rather than the Thai/Indian/? styles I see.

Also after a good range of materials and colours.

Anyone got any recommendations and also what prices they charge?

Thanks.

For the last 10 years I have always used a guy called George. He is on either Sukhumvit 13 0r 15. (On one of the small Sois before Robinson opposite the Sheraton Grand.)

Good quality and price, and he listens to you. Best when I give him a sample. Makes a perfect copy.

Edited for typos

Edited by Tropicalevo

I am a customer of "Bobby Rajas" (his shop is named "Roberto reggio") on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1, shop 155/10 for over 10 years now.

I introduced him to many friends, expats and visitors from Europe.  All of them, no exception, went back to him.

Good quality fabrics, very good workmanship, and Bobby works fast, if needed.

Better give him a call (0824681012) to make an appointment with "the Boss"! 

Thanks for the replies.

What kind of prices are we talking here or is it if you have to ask you can't afford it?

Guys

Tailors in Bangkok are truly a hit and miss. I would know. I live here. There are some rubbish tailors and some fantastic ones. It took me sometime to find myself a tailor that fit and catered to my needs too and once found - I never go anywhere else anymore.

Crown Tailors just inside of Sukhumvit soi 8. Mana - "the man in charge" should be able to help you out accordingly and trust me they have a crazy large variety. I had to stop them from showing me too many to stop myself from spending too much.

Thanks for the replies.

What kind of prices are we talking here or is it if you have to ask you can't afford it?

The "kind of price" depends on the quality of the fabric you select...  And for shirts the cheapest will be polyester or polyester blends, the best will be high quality cotton.  More expensive.  While polyester/cotton blend may be used in a demanding environments, high quality cotton can survive with care a few decades.  It is really a matter of personal choice!  Just pay the guy a visit and discuss!

For the last 10 years I have always used a guy called George. He is on either Sukhumvit 13 0r 15. (On one of the small Sois before Robinson opposite the Sheraton Grand.)

Good quality and price, and he listens to you. Best when I give him a sample. Makes a perfect copy.

Edited for typos

I would not recommend this tailor.

His shirts are OK if you provide a shirt for him to copy.

But his suits are pathetic.

He made me a suit that I had to discard without wearing it.

After a few alterations he couldn't fix it so it was a write off.

That was in my early days.

How much are the shirts at Raja ? I've been to Vashi a few times before and he's ok he normally runs a 7 shirt deal for something like US$140 which is pretty good. His fasbric selection is limited though - this really annoys me with these tailors they all have the same crappy fabric.

I'll be in Bangkok later this week and I need to order some new shirts.

How much are the shirts at Raja ? I've been to Vashi a few times before and he's ok he normally runs a 7 shirt deal for something like US$140 which is pretty good. His fasbric selection is limited though - this really annoys me with these tailors they all have the same crappy fabric.

I'll be in Bangkok later this week and I need to order some new shirts.

I use this guy... K Somboon, a Thai master tailor

Infini Thaniya Custom Tailors

Room 309 Thaniya Plaza (3rd Floor), Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand

Tel. (+66) 2231-2118

Get off the Skytrain at Sala Daeng and you are into the building..

Tel. (+66) 2231-2118

Hi Tolsti,

do you know whether he also does ladies' clothes? I am looking desperately for a ladies' tailor, preferably one who serves Thai ladies and is not necessarily geared towards a tourist clientele.

Shakun

Edited by shakun

Tel. (+66) 2231-2118

Hi Tolsti,

do you know whether he also does ladies' clothes? I am looking desperately for a ladies' tailor, preferably one who serves Thai ladies and is not necessarily geared towards a tourist clientele.

Shakun

To be honest I don't know...the phone number is in the post, call him and I am sure if he doesn't he will be able to recommend someone who does. The business card I have for him gives an email address of [email protected] however I am not sure if it is current.

Edited by tolsti

For Pete's sake.......someone quote a price. Only one person knows what a shirt costs? Nice, cotton shirt.....how much???

Rajawongse between Soi 4 and 6.

900b or 1000B a shirt.

I had 3 made, some friends did too. I haven't been back for more (don't need), but my friends all went back for more. When I need more, I'll go back there.

I am very happy with mine, lovely shirts and great service. But I have never been to any other tailors, as Jessie and Victor (if memory serves) came recommended.

You should walk down inside Sukhumvit 11 and be able to find this shop Jhasper Fashion. Great selection of fabrics...good service. They are also more into the latest trend of making slim fit shirts with different types of collars - of which you will be needing to discuss with them how you like it, etc. Definitely the better quality fabrics will be in Egyptian cotton for a higher price. Have fun shopping!